MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Belcher could beat Silva!!!   [View Full Version]
Lay_N_Pray » Posted 1/30/07 4:04:00PM

....in an English test!

But honestly Blecher did impress me last night. I always though Blecher was a waste of time and money for the UFC, along with Starnes. Starnes still seems that he is on the bubble for being a UFC caliber fighter, but Blecher looked really good.

Explosive striking and great Muay Thai demonstration last night. Also I was impressed with his chin. I know Starnes didnt have any gas left on his punches, but still Blecher proved he is willing to take a shot to give a shot.

So pretty much...welcome to the UFC Blecher, cause last night he proved he belonged.

(in no way do I think Blecher could hang with Silva by the way)

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

yeah that jumping knee was pretty sick. It was a good fight. he definitely impressed me. But if he's just an a stand up fighter which I don't know since that was his first fight I've seen Silva would kill him.

I loved the extra special effects during the interview LOL...

"Here comes the uppercut, BAM, BAM" LOL...

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

belcher did look impressive, but because he got dominated by kendall grove i think he is a long way away from being in the middle weight title picture, maybe belcher vs. jason mcdonald next, we would see how good he really is after that fight.

Mastodon2 » Posted 3/14/07 4:45:00PM

I really wasn't all that impressed by Belcher. I think Goldberg was really overselling it calling it a "Muay Thai clinic", Belcher only landed one or two good elbows, his knees wernt particularly accurate and he didn't show a wide range of techniques.

Still, he looked pretty good in comparison to Starnes, who took a real nasty cut. It wasn't "Marvin Eastman bad", but it was pretty ugly!

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

^ but it was "eastman" bad because you could see his skull.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

I'd like to see Silva and Melvin Manhoef. I don't know but I could see Silva going elsewhere if the UFC doesn't get some better talent in the MW div.

Lay_N_Pray » Posted 1/30/07 4:04:00PM

With Anderson Silva it doesnt matter about the caliber of competition right now. He is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

Thats right I said it...if Fedor was middleweight he would lose to Anderson

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

With any hard harder belcher will prolly get knocked out b/c he got cocky in that kalib fight dropping his hands and taunting him. no no no.

puppetmaster837 » Posted 6/28/07 1:00:00AM

I do like the way Belcher throws elbows while they are standing cause its something you dont see that often. If he fought Silva right now he would get destroped but he is only 23 so after Silva retires he could be a middleweight champion.

pwnitat0r » Posted 6/19/07 6:06:00AM

Belcher is always exciting, win or lose.

moob » Posted 2/24/07 2:39:00PM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

With Anderson Silva it doesnt matter about the caliber of competition right now. He is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

Thats right I said it...if Fedor was middleweight he would lose to Anderson

ikaruz07 » Posted 10/29/07 3:35:00PM

.....I cant believe people are still holding on to the hopes that Pride Fighters will every really conquer the UFC.If the last 4-5 cards werent proof enough? IDK what will be.LOL belcher beat Silva??? Are you using ilicit substances??? Are we watching the same fighters?? In his 5 Ufc fights so far hes done nothing but utterly dominate all his opponents...i mean 3 1st round KOs and 2 2nd rounders!!!!!!!!!!!!Only person I would give a shot against the silva weve seen the last year or so is...Dan H.At 185 that would be a amazing fight and i wouldnt even bet on my Silva to win...but against Belcher.....shit id bet the House/Farm/Boat/ w/e i have and even stuff i dont.But other then DH there isno one else out there that is currently performing well enuff to beat Silva.

hathcock32 » Posted 1/16/07 8:07:00PM

Posted by cmill21

I'd like to see Silva and Melvin Manhoef. I don't know but I could see Silva going elsewhere if the UFC doesn't get some better talent in the MW div.

C'mon now you cant be serious. Although the UFC MW division is their weakest...its still better than any other MW division in the world. Hughes already stated he would like to fight Silva and thats a fight i would love to see.

[View Full Version of this Page]