MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
wanderlei with a special annoucement at UFC 77   [View Full Version]
TheHitmanTL » Posted 1/26/07 9:53:00PM

hes going to be annoncing his opponent for the fight in december...i hope its chuck and its probably going to be but if not who else could they have him fighting??

jardine maybe?
or possibly
tito?

fat2rak005 » Posted 6/21/07 10:51:00AM

i think they'll have jardine or alexander. im hoping for the chuck fight, it still makes sense to have that fight. both fighters coming off of a loss. guess we'll just have to wait and see.

nevermind, i see alexander is fighting a different silva in november.

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

Source?

Posted by fat2rak005

i think they'll have jardine or alexander. im hoping for the chuck fight, it still makes sense to have that fight. both fighters coming off of a loss. guess we'll just have to wait and see.

nevermind, i see alexander is fighting a different silva in november.

Alexander is fighting at UFC 78
Jardine said he doesnt want to fight again till next year
If this is true and its a proper announcement then it will have to be Chuck, imagine them building it up like that with Rogan and Dana in the cage with him and then just having Sakara walk out or something

nubby » Posted 3/26/07 5:54:00PM

I thought it was Chuck, I thought this was already decided.

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Last I heard, both Wandy & Chuck had verbally agreed to the fight, but nothing had been signed so it's not yet official but heading in that direction.

brooklynbadass » Posted 6/22/07 12:10:00PM

I heard he's also going to announce to his new latex business, Wanderlei Industries...

j/k

-RiK- » Posted 9/8/07 5:11:00AM

i think we can rule out a few:

bisping & rashad - fighting eachother.
jardine & tito - said to be taking time off until 2008.
thiago silva & houston alexander - fighting eachother.
forrest - injured?
shogun - injured?
bonnar - fighting soon.

possibilities:

chuck liddell
ryota machida

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

its going to be chuck more than likely, ill believe it 100% when its official, a day away and neither got staph

brooklynbadass » Posted 6/22/07 12:10:00PM

Posted by -RiK-

i think we can rule out a few:

bisping & rashad - fighting eachother.
jardine & tito - said to be taking time off until 2008.
thiago silva & houston alexander - fighting eachother.
forrest - injured?
shogun - injured?
bonnar - fighting soon.

possibilities:

chuck liddell
ryota machida

its gotta be liddell, and have Machida fight Rampage

TNunley » Posted 7/30/07 4:03:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

its going to be chuck more than likely, ill believe it 100% when its official, a day away and neither got staph

Think of it this way... it's a fight people have been waiting years for. With the recent blow the UFC took from Randy leaving and the reasons he gave... it would be a perfect move for the UFC to get people to be talking about something BIG!

roadking95th » Posted 1/17/07 2:43:00PM

The UFC has to have Chuck fight Silva now. This is their last shot to have a huge fight. One more loss by either and the fight goes down hill. The only way the fight could get bigger is if, and it's a big if, both fighters go on one hell of a tear, which is very possible, but does the UFC want to take the chance?

TNunley » Posted 7/30/07 4:03:00PM

So far so good....

Link

fat2rak005 » Posted 6/21/07 10:51:00AM

im hoping for it to be chuck, but i wouldnt be surprised if its someone else. im too use to them teasing this fights so it wouldnt shock me.

[View Full Version of this Page]