MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
BJ Penn in the LW division   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
ffforgottenx » Posted 1/25/07 8:56:00AM

Posted by Gladiator

i heard the winner of the Pulver v Penn fight gets a title shot, perhaps bj will get the LW title and then go back to welterweight.

i heard that also, i dont remember where, but i remember reading that the winner gets a shot at the belt.. but really i think it is just their names that are getting them a shot at the belt.. BJ is 0-2 in the UFC since taking the belt from hughes at 46, and pulver lost in less than a minute to lauzon in his return fight.. so where is the credibility? i say the winner should have to fight one of the better LWs in the UFC before getting a crack at the belt, but thats just my two cents..

either way, i think penn should stick to LW also, but like it was already stated, he is crazy and wants to fight everybody and prove how tough he is.. so only he knows how long he will stay at lightweight

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Personally i dont care what fight Penn fights at. I just want to see him fight again. I am keeping from complaining now cuz he is filming TUF 5. Which i hope will be amazing. It will be nice to get to know the personalites of Jens and BJ. I get the feeling BJ would be a great coach. BJ just loves to fight. From what i understand BJ was born into a wealthy family and he is set for life.
Although he did leave the UFC over not enough $$.

sigmundfreud » Posted 2/3/07 12:20:00PM

Bj Penn's probably going to get the Lw title and then ask Dana white for a rematch with Machida. wouldn't that be sick ?

jocksmall » Posted 1/18/07 6:04:00PM

light weight or ww doesnt matter bj just needs to be in great shape (no flap in any weight class except heavy unless your chuck). in my opinion light weight division is weak in the ufc and bj could dominate if he stays in shape. but he could do the same at ww. he ran out of gas against matt and gsp and was winning both fights

OchoCinco » Posted 1/24/07 6:14:00PM

Ya I heard it is just for one fight. I think he would dominate if he would stay a LW though.

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Posted by jocksmall

light weight or ww doesnt matter bj just needs to be in great shape (no flap in any weight class except heavy unless your chuck). in my opinion light weight division is weak in the ufc and bj could dominate if he stays in shape. but he could do the same at ww. he ran out of gas against matt and gsp and was winning both fights

BJ broke a Rib aganist Hughes.
And he looked awesome aganist GSP. Awesome. That was the only time i have ever see someone Handle GSP.

roadking95th » Posted 1/17/07 2:43:00PM

If BJ decided to stay at LW, he would dominate. Hell, he can win at WW and at MW. He is one of a handful of fighters that can win the title at multiple weight classes. They are:

BJ: LW, WW, MW
Hughes: WW, MW
GSP: WW, MW, possibly LHW?
Franklin: MW, LHW
Liddel: LHW, HW

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]