Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
ortiz or griffin
Forum Opinion Poll
ortiz 12 67%
griffin 6 33%

ortiz v griffin rumour at ufc 70   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
eiredave » Posted 2/6/07 2:39:00PM

bobalu and tito have both lost to chuck twice so neither one of them should get another go off chuck i think

hippysmacker » Posted 1/15/07 9:10:00PM

I'd love for Forrest to beat Tito. Both of them will stay in the UFC no matter who loses. Both are still big draws, and the UFC won't want to help any of their competitors get a firm US hold.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

me two i think a forest win would be perfect

nate22 » Posted 1/15/07 8:21:00AM

I hope so badly that this fight does not happen at 70. It will end up making co-main event status or something ridiculous.

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

I Doubt this will happen. Forrest just got KTFO. Dana Whites Golded Star was Forrest until he lost. He may be on the UFC 70 card but doubt aganist Tito the UFC wants to build his rep back up.
If this match did go ahead Forrest By Brutal ******* KO. I want to see him Own Tito and then make his comeback. Its almost as hard to hate Forrest as it is to hate Ross Pointion.

Manfred » Posted 2/3/07 11:32:00AM

Bisping's on that card. I'd rather see Bisping / Forrest at this point. TUF 1 vs TUF 3

strikefirstgear » Posted 1/15/07 1:29:00PM

Posted by Manfred

Bisping's on that card. I'd rather see Bisping / Forrest at this point. TUF 1 vs TUF 3

Good call. That would be a good fight for sure but I think the UFC has plans for both of them to build to title contentions. If they knock each other out now then someone is out of contention. Tito and Babalu are already out of contention and are better opponents for these two.

Bisping, Forrest and Rashad will be fed other fighters until the momentum is really on a roll and then they will square off against each other for the title shot.

Manfred » Posted 2/3/07 11:32:00AM

I see what you mean about building them up.

The problem I have is that if Tito or Babalu fight a UFC top LHW (each other, Rashad, Jardine) and win, they will right back at the top.

They need to milk out their climb until after Chuck retires so we aren't stuck with a pointless trilogy.

And Forrest's last two fights have put him on the edge of being out of contention anyway IMO. He wasn't that impressive against Bonner II.

They can't keep their #1 star and seat-filler (Chuck) inactive for too long. Feed him Jardine or Rashad/Jardine winner.

strikefirstgear » Posted 1/15/07 1:29:00PM

So the top UFC LHW fighters avaiable to fight are:

Liddell - champ
Rampage
Tito - out of contention
Babalu - out of contention
Rashad
Bisping
Jardine
Griffin
Drew McFedries?
James Irvin?
David Heath?
Matt Hamil?
Bonnar?

I was just going off of fighters with recent wins or a bit of fame. Am I missing anyone?

So question, What fights do you set up?

jardine would be next in line for chuck but dana white might put jardine and rampage 1st maybe
jardine v rampage
forrrest v tito or babalu but but both have lost twice to chuck
bobalau v evans
bisbing v hamill
???????

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]