MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Heath Herring returns at UFC 69   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

Link

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

bayonetxwork » Posted 2/2/07 7:39:00AM

Its good hes getting an opportunity to redeem himself so early. But if he comes out, continuously gets taken down, and then complains after the fight that his wrestling blows, then I will continue to hate him.

zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

I'm giving he the benefit of the doubt. He said he had a injury, I'll go for it. He pulls the same stuff and he lost a fan, I won't hate on him, I just won't want to watch him fight

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Rambler14 » Posted 1/15/07 9:52:00AM

I see nothing wrong with giving him another fight due to the lack of HW's in the UFC.

Maybe he should fight Pe de Pano? Is Mir done? Gonzaga?

SICKRICK » Posted 1/15/07 9:20:00AM

mir is not done at all, but herring lose's this fight its over for him

JunCTion » Posted 1/15/07 5:40:00PM

yeah, he better not lose cause i doubt pride would have him back seeing that he can't compete with their top heavy weights. i think he was hoping that he could hold on and get the ref to stand them up so he could have a kerr moment

allevil86 » Posted 1/24/07 5:28:00PM

The trend in the ufc seems to be new fighters lose two or 3 in a row and your done so heath better step it up

BrAeDeN91 » Posted 2/5/07 6:13:00PM

he better work on takedown defense and be more agressive. or it will be stupid.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

I really want to see him stick around just to beef up and legitimize the UFC HW division beyond Sylvia, CC, and AA. rumor is he's fighting Mir, who as good as he once was is really overmatched and tentative now. When you fight scared, and favor a past injury, it spells doom for you and that's Mir today. If Mir loses, he's done in UFC, and if Herring loses, I think he gets one more shot in the UFC. AA vs. Herring would be a fun match to watch in the future because we know they both will bang, even Buentello vs Herring would be exciting. Anyways, Herring, because he was a big PRIDE signing will get every opportunity in the UFC because, just like any sport, when you go out and get the big name free agent you can't give up on them too early.

Blindsided » Posted 1/27/07 5:41:00PM

Herring better come out explosive as ever in this fight. But if he does get taken down repeatedly and cry about it, then he doesn't belong in MMA.

mmadb » Posted 1/17/07 11:21:00AM

Posted by BrAeDeN91

Mir, who as good as he once was is really overmatched and tentative now. When you fight scared, and favor a past injury, it spells doom for you and that's Mir today.

I think his cardio is a big issue now too, he has just looked out of shape since his injury. It's a shame because I really liked Mir. Stupid motorcycles, I'll stick with my tricycle thanks.

tepid55 » Posted 2/4/07 2:11:00PM

If he's fighting Mir, he better keep it standing. If it hits the ground and he's in Mir's guard, it's over.

SteedTheDeed » Posted 1/25/07 7:01:00PM

give him a can to fight

OchoCinco » Posted 1/24/07 6:14:00PM

Don't think he can beat Pe de Pano or Mir.

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Posted by Rambler14

I see nothing wrong with giving him another fight due to the lack of HW's in the UFC.

Maybe he should fight Pe de Pano? Is Mir done? Gonzaga?

If they want to Sell Herring the wont put him against good BJJ guys. He will get subbed. Hopefully its a striker. Love to see Heath Bang it out.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]