MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Daniel Puder and Paul Buentello confirmed for next Strikeforce card.   [View Full Version]
Scott_Revels » Posted 6/22/07 4:53:00PM

LINK

Heavyweight Daniel Puder has confirmed he will compete on the Strikeforce promotion’s next card Friday, Nov. 16 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif. No opponent has been named for the 26-year-old Californian.

Puder will join fellow heavyweight Paul Buentello on the Nov. 16 card. Buentello (23-9) last fought in June when he defeated former K-1 star Carter Williams by second-round knockout at Strikeforce “Shamrock vs. Baroni.” A product of the American Kickboxing Academy, he will enter his latest bout on a four-fight winning streak, having won all four by KO or TKO. Buentello has won 10 of his last 11 fights, the lone hiccup an infamous 15-second KO loss to Andrei Arlovski at UFC 55 in October 2005.

-------------------------------------

I wish WEC would have more cards at a faster pace, like Strikeforce.

NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

They should fight each other

Paul if they stand up, because Dalton was landing some shots, and it did look like it was affecting Puder.

Puder if it goes to the ground.. To strong. Stronger than Hughes and Koscheck, so a GNP, or LNP would come into effect.

Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

Buentello by Ko Round 2

I could see that. I could also see it going the other way. It'll be very interesting. I really want them to make this now.

I dunno, Buentello only has gone to the cards one time and i don't think he ever plans to let the judges decide his fate again since the one time he did he lost

I think if Puder has a shot in this fight he is gonna have to stop Buentello by either submission or Ground and Pound

otherwise puder won't make it to the 3rd round

jahdoug » Posted 6/22/07 12:02:00PM

They aren't fighting each other, why don't you guys read the article. They are teammates anyhow

LR » Posted 6/21/07 2:59:00PM

Puder was absolutely boring in his last fight, and he was unimpressive against Dalton, who's only advantage was that he had more fat on him that Puder couldn't handle in the clinch.

Posted by jahdoug

They aren't fighting each other, why don't you guys read the article. They are teammates anyhow

cool it sapp

jahdoug » Posted 6/22/07 12:02:00PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by jahdoug

cool it sapp

Lol clearly almost everyone on here responds to the 2-line summary or excerpt w/o reading any of the article. Granted the headline is misleading, but if your gonna put up comments that you see as worthy for others to take time to read and discuss, do it based on the actual subject, which is certainly not Puder vs Buentello. Ps i love that we both have juicebags as our avitars.

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

I dunno, Buentello only has gone to the cards one time and i don't think he ever plans to let the judges decide his fate again since the one time he did he lost

I think if Puder has a shot in this fight he is gonna have to stop Buentello by either submission or Ground and Pound

otherwise puder won't make it to the 3rd round

I didn't expect it to go to the cards. I expected Puder to GNP Paul like you said.

Posted by jahdoug

We know they aren't fighting, we're just saying hypothetically.

[View Full Version of this Page]