MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Biggest upset victory of 06?   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

In your opinion, what was the biggest upset victory in 06? My biggest upset is Gomi losing to Marcus Aurelio.

Gladiator » Posted 1/15/07 1:36:00PM

the biggest upset i can think of was joe lauzon beating jens pulver

Kudos » Posted 1/28/07 10:37:00AM

Posted by gspfan

In your opinion, what was the biggest upset victory in 06? My biggest upset is Gomi losing to Marcus Aurelio.

same here

Manfred » Posted 2/3/07 11:32:00AM

Got to go with Lauzon / Pulver too. Lauzon was brought in to lose.

Stickan » Posted 1/27/07 8:02:00AM

Maybe make a poll about it?

IMO it's easily J-Lau - Pulver.
A seasoned MMA-veteran with several pro boxing matches getting KNOCKED OUT by this "nobody" that had never been at the big scene and only had a grappling background.

Aurelio - Gomi wasn't even close IMO. Aurelio is a BJJ black belt and didn't knock him out or anything. He took the only chance he had, he subbed him.

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Posted by Stickan

Maybe make a poll about it?

IMO it's easily J-Lau - Pulver.
A seasoned MMA-veteran with several pro boxing matches getting KNOCKED OUT by this "nobody" that had never been at the big scene and only had a grappling background.

Aurelio - Gomi wasn't even close IMO. Aurelio is a BJJ black belt and didn't knock him out or anything. He took the only chance he had, he subbed him.

I was gonna make a poll, but couldn't think of enough upsets to put on there so I just figured i'd ask for opinions. The Lauzon-Pulver was definatly a huge upset. I just think Gomi-Aurelio because of how everybody looks at Gomi as unstoppable right now. I don't think anybody thought he was gonna lose. Also, anytime a #1 ranked fighter in the world gets beat it's always a huge upset.

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Laurzon vs Pulver was quite the big upset. Im gonna go with that has my pick.

Trapt1nw0nder » Posted 2/1/07 12:30:00AM

to me....Tito/Liddell.....

Tito is my homeboy!!

ufcisbeast101 » Posted 1/28/07 1:39:00PM

joe lauzon beating jens pulver

fedorwins1 » Posted 1/25/07 7:02:00PM

Posted by ufcisbeast101

joe lauzon beating jens pulver

I agree Joe was supposed to lose and it was Jens' welcome back fight, but everything went wrong.

BrAeDeN91 » Posted 2/5/07 6:13:00PM

i thought lauzon and pulver but i also say franklin losing to a.silva i kno lots of people thought a silva would win but i thought franklin would so i also say franklin a.silva.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

the pulver fight no doubt, any time a guy loses a homecoming match against a can it's big news and none was bigger than that 1

bayonetxwork » Posted 2/2/07 7:39:00AM

lauzon v. pulver.

modogg » Posted 1/15/07 1:01:00PM

I have to think the Jens Pulver loss may be it as well. I acn't think of many other tremendous upsetds in '06, maybe Jardine over Griffin. if you want to include early "07 you could mention O'Brien over Herring. i think Joe Riggs beat Nick Diaz in '06 which surprised me, and I didn't see Swick beating David Loiseau. i am a little more of a UFC fan, but if you throw a poll up this may help

gspfan31 » Posted 1/25/07 12:56:00AM

lauzon vs. pulver

hominick vs edwards

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]