MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Melvin Gulliard vs. Rich Clementi at UFC 79   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
NatedawgThaM » Posted 6/25/07 5:46:00PM

According to MMAweekly.com Melvn Gulliard who after his fight with Joe Stevenson tested positive for a type of cocaine will make his return from that recent loss to take TUF rival Rich Clementi...

I think it will be a good ground fight but it will stand on it's feet so Rich will get KTFO...

Link

juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

Guillard could have a great future, i mean hi stand up is off the charts and his lightning fast, he just has to get his head straight, and lay 0off the roids and drugs, if he learns good ground game and everything this guy can be unstoppable, but he might just be one of those guys that never reaches up to his potential, like kevin randleman, has all the tools, but just doesnt have his head in the game, and messes his career with drugs and whatnot

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

guillard has the potential to have gomi like striking, he is the most dangerous 155 pound striker in the ufc, clementi is tough as nails and has the edge on the ground but he wont be able to dodge melvins bombs for very long, melvin by 1st round tko.

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

Posted by juanez13

Guillard could have a great future, i mean hi stand up is off the charts and his lightning fast, he just has to get his head straight, and lay 0off the roids and drugs, if he learns good ground game and everything this guy can be unstoppable, but he might just be one of those guys that never reaches up to his potential, like kevin randleman, has all the tools, but just doesnt have his head in the game, and messes his career with drugs and whatnot

My thoughts exactly. Melvin has an amazing potential, colorful personality, great striking skills, and he's a very exciting fighter to watch. Unfortunately, personal issues seem to get in the way of his career.

wrona666 » Posted 6/21/07 3:31:00PM

Melvin is going to bruttaly smash Clementi.......this one will not even be close..

kevietre » Posted 6/29/07 1:36:00AM

After seeing Johnson run through Chad Reiner I thought he would smash Clementi too but that didn't happen. I like Melvin Guillard but he's really one dimensional and Joe Stevenson proved that at fight night.
Im actually suprised they would have him back since he lost in 30 seconds and then failed his drug test for cocaine.

MMA » Posted 1/13/07 11:38:00AM

Guillard is a good wrestler so if he can keep the fight standing, he has a good chance. If it hits the ground, I can see Clementi submitting/gnp him out.

DaRiddm » Posted 5/26/07 9:40:00PM

Melvin is going to bruttaly smash Clementi.......this one will not even be close..

Like shogun did to forrest, and crocop did to gonzaga and kongo, right?

wapttn » Posted 6/27/07 11:03:00PM

hahaha..

i think my favourite forum quote from ufc of all times is "Melvin's 8ball lasted longer than his fight did"

It'll be interesting to see how he comes out in this fight, but i wouldnt count either fighter out

MALICE » Posted 9/17/07 10:04:00PM

Melvin is so quick and explosive. If it stays up, Melvin will catch him. If it goes down, Rich has a chance at a submission.

pinoymixplaya » Posted 6/27/07 10:17:00PM

What weight will this fight be at? does anybody know?

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

The fight will be at LW....Rich mentioned dropping to the LW Div after his last fight, which was at a catch weight.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Hope Melvin gets back into it.

nWo » Posted 3/8/07 3:58:00PM

Posted by cmill21

Hope Melvin gets back into it.

WAR MG

MixedMartialArts » Posted 9/21/07 10:37:00PM

Should be a war, im going with Rich

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]