MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Shogun Surgery a Success, Eager for Return   [View Full Version]
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Light heavyweight contender Mauricio “Shogun” Rua is currently recovering from successful surgery on his left knee’s ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) following his UFC 76 submission loss to Forrest Griffin.

Link

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

was this injury really legitimate? have heard all kinds of different things from different people, i am just wondering if this was a legitimate injury and surgery, or was this just another fake procedure as an excuse for a loss? if this was a real injury, do you think it was the reason he lost to griffin?

i know it is a little off topic and i should really start my own topic about it, but i am just wondering so any insight at all would help

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

was this injury really legitimate? have heard all kinds of different things from different people, i am just wondering if this was a legitimate injury and surgery, or was this just another fake procedure as an excuse for a loss? if this was a real injury, do you think it was the reason he lost to griffin?

i know it is a little off topic and i should really start my own topic about it, but i am just wondering so any insight at all would help

from shogun, “I know about my mistakes in the fight against Forrest, and I will never use this surgery as an excuse for my loss; I have all the responsibility for the bad result. Now I just want to look for the future. I would like to thank all my fans that are supporting me in this difficult moment and I promise you all that I will be back better than ever. I know that I lost the first battle, but not the "war" for the UFC belt.”

wapttn » Posted 6/27/07 11:03:00PM

yha i was gonna say the same thing.. and i dont know how many 'fake' injuries i've seen in the ufc. Especially when the articles include pictures of them in the medical bed and it says that they had the surgery performed by the head of the brazillian gymnastics organization

jgordon85 » Posted 3/19/07 12:59:00PM

he really did not use it as an excuse for the loss. but shogun wil be back taking names beating ass.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Yeah don't know of to many people willing to fake surgeries lol. I just hope we see shogun make a full recovery, knees are tricky, look at cadillac.

silverbullet » Posted 5/28/07 3:41:00PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

I'm with you bro. I'm not going to believe a word of this until I see some footage of Shogun on the operating table with his knee torn open, and an official representative of the Nevada State Athletic Commission standing next to him to verify the legitimacy of the procedure.

juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

i think its a legitimate injury, after all it wa said that shogun was injured and wasnt going to fight, but after all the fight went through, its not an excuse, buts its good to know that he is getting the right treatment, some injurys that i think are fake are tito's, the back injury and etc, i dont know, its known that almost every fightter doesnt go in 100% in every fight, there is always something wrong, but its who is mentally stronger that can pull through it....

fullfighting » Posted 6/26/07 8:31:00PM

If he fought with a torn ACL he's one of the toughtest men EVER. Not saying he didn't tear it but I find it hard to believe, but I guess its possible.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

It all depends, there are people who have torn their ACL's and not known it. It depends on the tear and where the cartalidge ends up.

[View Full Version of this Page]