MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Awesome Welterweight Fight That Should Happen   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
OB_Juan » Posted 1/25/07 10:52:00PM

Newton would get killed... maybe even literally.

EEKS » Posted 2/15/07 4:06:00AM

I think GSP would beat Newton, but any GSP fight would be awesome, cant wait til Diego gets a chance at the chance at the champ, i personally think that will be one of the greatest fights eva.

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Newton is not a full time fighter anymore, and fight's at 185 now. He has always had all the ability, was even a champion once, but I don't see him being a top 10 welterweight unless he fully dedicated himself to fighting, and joined a good team to help with his training.

Agreed. He has been fighting at 185 for some time now so i can't see him wanting to go to 170. He really is a big guy. His first fight was at HW and he weighed in at 207. Watch his fights with Hughes. Carlos Newton is the bigger of the Two. I would say he has to cut weight to make 185.
Not to mention he now has the first Canadian IFL team. So i am pretty sure he is gonna be focused on that for a little while. I don't think Carlos will fight in a big Org ever again. Like i said i like the guy but i think he is nearing retirement from fighting. Most likely he will only fight in the IFL or Smaller Orgs for a Big Paycheck. I can't see him wanting to be the top right now.

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Posted by OB_Juan

Newton would get killed... maybe even literally.

How Ironic would that be. The Nicest guy in the sport actually kills someone in the Cage. I dont think anyone below a HW or maybe LHW actually has aneough force behind their blows to kill someone.

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]