MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Josh Thomson To Sue Frank Shamrock?   [View Full Version]
zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

Strikeforce middleweight champion Frank Shamrock is no stranger when it comes to litigation in MMA and according to a new interview with Strikeforce lightweight title contender Josh Thomson on PunchDrunkGamer.com, Shamrock could find himself involved with another lawsuit.

LINK 1

After a night at the fabled Playboy Mansion involving Frank Shamrock commentating, bunnies in the press booth, a star-studded audience and the announcement of Strikeforce’s signing of Renato “Babalu” Sobral

LINK 2

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

jomatty » Posted 7/13/07 9:07:00AM

if nothing else this will probably mark the end of frank shamrock sitting in the broadcasters chair. even though it was clear he was kidding i could see how someone could not have gotten the joke and he has no business acting like that. surely if renaldi got as much backlash as he did for a 25 whatever pole then frank will at least not be commenting anymore

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

Posted by jomatty

even though it was clear he was kidding i could see how someone could not have gotten the joke and he has no business acting like that.

i admit...at first i didn't know he was joking

Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

yeah they have had problems in the past

frank even made a youtube video mocking him and phil baroni

LR » Posted 6/21/07 2:59:00PM

Frank Shamrock was classless as a commentator and he didn't leave his oversized ego that has been plaguing him for his entire career at the door. A commentator's role isn't to bring his own agenda to the broadcast. If he hates Thomson so badly, fight him at a catchweight and prove you can beat him, otherwise shut your mouth and do your job.

CornishMMA » Posted 2/27/07 10:43:00AM

I heard it and didnt think much of it cos its just Frank being his usual self that i hate

But good on Josh using it against him, take him to the cleaners!!!

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

That's Frank for you...dude has got a big mouth. I actually laughed when he made the comment, but then again I am known for having a big mouth too!!

Ogre365 » Posted 5/8/07 2:29:00PM

Personally I am not a big fan of either Josh or Phil so Shamrock can make as much fun of them as he likes in my opinion.

I don't know much about how Frank gets along with other fighters or organizations, so he may be a dick too i'm just not 100% sure.

And suing someone over a comment like that just makes you look like an ass in my opinion. I find often times when someone makes a remark in front of other people about you being gay or fat or whatever it's best to have a good short verbal attack ready and then just walk away, make them look like the duschbag. Suing is just a pussy move.

[View Full Version of this Page]