MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Did Kenny Florian vs Din Thomas prove anything?
Forum Opinion Poll
Yes, Kenny is the better fighter. 19 37%
No, Din might have lost because of the injury. 27 52%
Other 6 12%

Did Florian - Thomas prove anything!?   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
loonytnt » Posted 7/9/07 11:43:00AM

i think kenny is a better fighter, but id like to see a rematch

Ydoc » Posted 2/2/07 9:39:00AM

Posted by fightfann

i think with or without that injury we would have seen a similar ending. Kenny was turning up the heat, particularly after Din mocked him by prancing back to the center of the octagon. Kenny was also mixing up the kicks and punches quite a bit, much more than Din, who despite not taking much damage was getting the worst of the stand up in my opinion. Florian's ground game is better than Din's also and even when Din was on top he stood up because he didn't want any of Florian's guard.

Similar outcome without the injury, it just screwed up my picks because i thought it would have taken into the second or third round.

I tried to prop this but it seems I already used one on you not too long ago, so I'll try to get back to you after I spread the love some more. This is dead on, the taunt made Kenny turn it up a notch and it took Din out of his game, so much so he rushed a takedown attempt that cost him the fight.

jocka » Posted 9/6/07 12:47:00PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by jocka

Posted by cowcatcher

honestly i think kenny ihe better fighter, and will continue to take down top notch competition, yet never hold a title in a dynamic division. hes awesome but when he fights the very best he will lose, everyone else he will beat, thats my view on kenflo, always a conteder never more than a pretender(in a title fight, no more, no less). he will beat EVERY guy in front of him on the way to a title shot and there is something to be said for that.

I don t aggree with you, i see Kenflo being the lightweight champ, the only reason he s not is cause of the L&P that Sean Sherk does and that he is way more stronger than him physically but if they meet again i see Kenflo winning, i thin the only person Kenflo doesn t match well against is Huerta which is a fight i would love to see.

No BJ Penn then?

LOL i forgot about him ok i do agree BJ is very good, they should do Sherk against BJ and Kenny vs huerta, the winner of kenny/huerta takes the winner for the belt

ColdCutCombo » Posted 8/29/07 6:54:00AM

idk din is a skilled veteren i just dont buy that fight, rematch would be nice

florian dosnt deserve a title shot any time soon

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I agree with the TS... It was a sad way to end the night... While I do think Kenny has vastly improved his standup... It still seemed like Din had better hands, and had Florian back peddling when he threw the one or two flurries that he got out... Kenny's kicks look sick though... All in all I was unsatisfyied with the way it ended, but I would like to see Kenny against some more good comp soon

The fight I saw Kenny was completely dominating the stand up. Din seemed overwhelmed the entire fight.

MMA » Posted 1/13/07 11:38:00AM

I don't see how Kenny completed dominated the stand-up. Not much was thrown, the fight was very anti-climatic. I'm pretty sure Kenny has the better kicks and Din has the better hands.

roadking95th » Posted 1/17/07 2:43:00PM

I saw Kenny as being the better fighter. Most of the fight was going as Kenny planned it. Kenny didn't abandon his game plan until Din mocked him. Ultimately, this is what won the fight decisively for Kenny. Kenny had enough and took it to him, which was rather foolish letting his emotions get to him. Yea, Din got hurt, but the fight was going to end soon anyways, at least in my eyes.

Bountytaker » Posted 1/26/07 12:23:00AM

I think the fight could be used to support the claim that BOTH of these guys are title contenders in the division, thanks to the skill level, and toughness, they both showed in the little time the fight went on.

Other than that, though, it didn't give us much...and it certainly didn't prove who was the better fighter (although, IMO, it's Ken-Flo). Which means:

REMATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

victoryONE » Posted 9/9/07 11:47:00AM

fisher will be the end of florian.............

DevonFoxy » Posted 6/27/07 1:57:00PM

I always see Kenny and think wow hes gonna get thrown around by these bigger guys at 155 but he never does. He is a true talent and with Sherk gone hes top 3 in the UFC at LW IMO.

MattHughes » Posted 2/15/07 11:18:00PM

Well there is no doubt he lost that fight because of the injury. If he didn't get injured who knows who would have won but I had Din winning the fight and think he's the better fighter.

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]