Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Forrest Griffin is overrated.

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I don't even care who had the better fighters anymore, I just liked the pride fighters better because the best from there seem to finish a ton of fights(Mirko, Shogun, Fedor, Wand, ect.). I hate wrestling and "dirty boxing" it bores me. I like kicks and good punches, knees and kicks on the ground. I also prefer the ring to the cage, thats why I like the Pride fighters, and I also tend to think that some of them are better then the best UFC fighters. When people say "look at Mirko" I just think "yeah look at him he's not even fighting, and if they ever watched him in Pride or K-1 they'd know thats not him". Like I could see people saying Pride had nothing if chuck wen't there and walked through alistair, rampage and wand, but he didn't even make it to wand(who won). Do I like forrest? No, I love the guy, he's hilarious and ussually an exciting fighter, but tonight he fights a guy thats beat anyone and everyone excluding wand.

Post #31   9/22/07 12:06:11PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,017-1,141
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

I don't even care who had the better fighters anymore, I just liked the pride fighters better because the best from there seem to finish a ton of fights(Mirko, Shogun, Fedor, Wand, ect.). I hate wrestling and "dirty boxing" it bores me. I like kicks and good punches, knees and kicks on the ground. I also prefer the ring to the cage, thats why I like the Pride fighters, and I also tend to think that some of them are better then the best UFC fighters. When people say "look at Mirko" I just think "yeah look at him he's not even fighting, and if they ever watched him in Pride or K-1 they'd know thats not him". Like I could see people saying Pride had nothing if chuck wen't there and walked through alistair, rampage and wand, but he didn't even make it to wand(who won). Do I like forrest? No, I love the guy, he's hilarious and ussually an exciting fighter, but tonight he fights a guy thats beat anyone and everyone excluding wand.

This actaully makes a lot of sense. if you prefer standup than prides rules and structure definitely were better for strikers. I personally prefer the octagon, but to each his own, and I like grappling dirty boxing. I also like standup , but as a grappler myself I always like watcing aq grappler taking down a guy and pummeling him. Either way my favorite fighters are a mixture , but I admit more are grapplers first ( Randy/Fedor my top 2)than strikers. Anyway, I think Shogun will win, but I think the UFC jitters are a legitamate phenomenom, and that Forrest might even make it to a decision . Remember that Shogun hasn't beaten anyone and everyone but Wand. The last time he was in a cage he got beat by Babalu.

Sakurabaforever after this most recent batch of complaints about you I looked you up in ADMIN, and there is even a thred about you in the MOD forum. Lo and behold you have been given a final warning from Zephead and Svartom. I think you may have broken the record for most post edited or deleted with this one.I haven't been on line a lot lately so it looks like the other Mods have beat me to your previous list of complaints. Either way your banned for a coupla months this time. The saddest thing is I actually agree with some of your arguments. However, It's not always what you say , it's how you say it. Insulting anyone who disagrees with you and a know-it-all posting opinions as facts is the most childish, irratating thing I can think of. ... Except nuthugging. If I could take every Pride or UFC nutthugger and put them on island with weapons to guarentee mutually assured destruction I would. Most of us don't mind someone preferring one over the other. Cmill seems to like Pride fighter's , but I haven't seen any tendency of his to embrace testicles. I Have no preferance and loved both, but many of my friends fall on one side of the fence or other. The thing that bothers me is nuthugging- defined as someone who will defend a agenda/team/side /person against all arguments whether they are right or not. The truth and facts are not always what you want them to be. Your insistence on trying to force your opinions on others, and mocking/attacking all who don't agree just irritates a lot of people. So I hope you actaully get it this time. If not please just join a different site . There are plenty of other forums out there where you can flame and nutthugg without getting banned. This is just not one of them.

Last edited 9/22/07 1:59PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #32   9/22/07 1:57:45PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by cmill21

This actaully makes a lot of sense. if you prefer standup than prides rules and structure definitely were better for strikers. I personally prefer the octagon, but to each his own, and I like grappling dirty boxing. I also like standup , but as a grappler myself I always like watcing aq grappler taking down a guy and pummeling him. Either way my favorite fighters are a mixture , but I admit more are grapplers first ( Randy/Fedor my top 2)than strikers. Anyway, I think Shogun will win, but I think the UFC jitters are a legitamate phenomenom, and that Forrest might even make it to a decision . Remember that Shogun hasn't beaten anyone and everyone but Wand. The last time he was in a cage he got beat by Babalu.

Sakurabaforever after this most recent batch of complaints about you I looked you up in ADMIN, and there is even a thred about you in the MOD forum. Lo and behold you have been given a final warning from Zephead and Svartom. I think you may have broken the record for most post edited or deleted with this one.I haven't been on line a lot lately so it looks like the other Mods have beat me to your previous list of complaints. Either way your banned for a coupla months this time. The saddest thing is I actually agree with some of your arguments. However, It's not always what you say , it's how you say it. Insulting anyone who disagrees with you and a know-it-all posting opinions as facts is the most childish, irratating thing I can think of. ... Except nuthugging. If I could take every Pride or UFC nutthugger and put them on island with weapons to guarentee mutually assured destruction I would. Most of us don't mind someone preferring one over the other. Cmill seems to like Pride fighter's , but I haven't seen any tendency of his to embrace testicles. I Have no preferance and loved both, but many of my friends fall on one side of the fence or other. The thing that bothers me is nuthugging- defined as someone who will defend a agenda/team/side /person against all arguments whether they are right or not. The truth and facts are not always what you want them to be. Your insistence on trying to force your opinions on others, and mocking/attacking all who don't agree just irritates a lot of people. So I hope you actaully get it this time. If not please just join a different site . There are plenty of other forums out there where you can flame and nutthugg without getting banned. This is just not one of them.

Werd

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #33   9/22/07 2:57:38PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,928-1,103
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by cmill21

right on

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #34   9/22/07 3:14:06PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by kofranklin

I think Forest Griffin is completly overrated. A lot of people think he is going to beat the best LHW in the world in Shogun. Give me a break. Forrest will die. Just look at what Jardine did to him.

Forrest kind of dominated shogun...even from the bottom.
He impressed the crap out of me in this fight. Looks like he picked up a lot since he started training with Randy.

Post #35   9/23/07 3:59:47AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by kofranklin

I think Forest Griffin is completly overrated. A lot of people think he is going to beat the best LHW in the world in Shogun. Give me a break. Forrest will die. Just look at what Jardine did to him.

Forrest kind of dominated shogun...even from the bottom.
He impressed the crap out of me in this fight. Looks like he picked up a lot since he started training with Randy.

I disagree, I didn't see domination. I saw a solid win. I thought Jardine "dominated" chuck more then forrest did shogun.

Post #36   9/23/07 4:14:23AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,746-1,060
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

This nuthugging of Shogun really needs to stop. Hes very well rounded but his only great attribute is his clinch. Boxing and wrestling go to Forrest while kicks and BJJ go to Shogun. We know both guys have a good chin and good cardio. Forrest has a reach advantage while Shogun has the experience edge of fighting more top fighters. A simple strategy on Forrests part will be all he needs to win. Shogun is going to come in a do what he always does so Forrest will be able to study him very well. I hope Shogun wins so we can see the rematch with Rampage but i think Forrest will win.

Props to you. Sick call.

Post #37   9/23/07 8:40:36AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

I don't think he's overrated.He's a fan favirote though,and for all the TUF fans and UFC noobs he's probably some sort of Rocky Balboa or something.

It's funny to me how "TUF" is thrown around like some kind of explicit word. I believe some people think that The Ultimate Fighter is some kind of training ground for mentally incoherent sloths. Let's face it, some of the guys that have been on the show are pretty damn good.

Last edited 9/23/07 8:51AM server time by ac_gi

Post #38   9/23/07 8:50:13AM   

mrliquid

Standup Guy

mrliquid Avatar

Career:741-566
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
I agree not only are some of the guys from season 1 and 2 top contenders in there weight class and training with the best camps but most of the fighters on the show have fought in the ufc atleast once or twice before they were even on the show so there def not new to the fight game.

Post #39   9/23/07 9:17:22AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,546-901
Chips:

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by mrsmiley

I don't think he's overrated.He's a fan favirote though,and for all the TUF fans and UFC noobs he's probably some sort of Rocky Balboa or something.

It's funny to me how "TUF" is thrown around like some kind of explicit word. I believe some people think that The Ultimate Fighter is some kind of training ground for mentally incoherent sloths. Let's face it, some of the guys that have been on the show are pretty damn good.

I don't think that the fighters on the show are terrible.I do believe that sometimes people,including UFC judges make over them way too much.LOL.I was glad Jardine beat Liddel though.That made my night.As for Shogun and Griffin,Forrest beat his ass fair and square.I can't take anything away from him.I never said Forrest didn't have a chance.I said several times Forrest could win this fight,despite me wanting Shogun to win.

Post #40   9/23/07 9:45:12AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

...I do believe that sometimes people,including UFC judges make over them way too much.

I agree with you there. Anytime someone gets as much attention as the guys on the show, or someone like Fedor, it's easy to over rate them. That doesn't mean that they are bad, or not the best, it just means they may be getting more respect than they deserve.
My only problem is the way some people use the term "TUF."

Last edited 9/23/07 9:58AM server time by ac_gi

Post #41   9/23/07 9:58:30AM   

Piccosaur

MMA Regular

Piccosaur Avatar

Career:3-1
Camp: RB Fighting Systems
Chips:

Posted by kofranklin

Post #42   9/23/07 11:18:11AM   

Nostradamus

Learning to Sprawl

Nostradamus Avatar

Career:223-139
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

This nuthugging of Shogun really needs to stop. Hes very well rounded but his only great attribute is his clinch. Boxing and wrestling go to Forrest while kicks and BJJ go to Shogun. We know both guys have a good chin and good cardio. Forrest has a reach advantage while Shogun has the experience edge of fighting more top fighters. A simple strategy on Forrests part will be all he needs to win. Shogun is going to come in a do what he always does so Forrest will be able to study him very well. I hope Shogun wins so we can see the rematch with Rampage but i think Forrest will win.

Nice call!

I thought the nuthugging was over the top, and that Forrest was a tough guy and a decent fighter, so he would last a while in there. But I thought Shogun would win. However, you nailed it.

Post #43   9/23/07 11:31:57AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,546-901
Chips:

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by mrsmiley

...I do believe that sometimes people,including UFC judges make over them way too much.

I agree with you there. Anytime someone gets as much attention as the guys on the show, or someone like Fedor, it's easy to over rate them. That doesn't mean that they are bad, or not the best, it just means they may be getting more respect than they deserve.
My only problem is the way some people use the term "TUF."

I think that comes down to a thing of fandom.I know people who only know of the UFC through TUF.They know Chuck Liddell,Rich Franklin,and Forrest Griffin.

Their's nothing wrong with that.People like that are casual fans and the sport needs fans like that to thrive.However,what realy pushes my buttons is when the casual fan believes they know all the ins and outs of winning a fight.On more than a few occasions i've herd people I know talk about how they think they should get in the cage,yada yada yada.No training,no knowldege of BJJ or anything.I think fans that have been exposed to the sport longer,for the most part know how much it takes to realy get in their and fight.I'm no fighter,but i've been put in guards were I thought I could tap just from how tight of a guard i was put in.Or what it's like getting kneed from a clinch.Or how hard it can be to keep guard on a bigger and stronger opponent.
It's all in good fun I guess.But I look back at a time were this sport was still underground and hardcore,and i'm happy to say i've been watching this sport since the first UFC
.I guess I can only compare it to a realy good band that just made it big.When you're a fan of a band like that,and then all these "new" fans come in from the all the commericial succsuss,it can make you pissed off.

I don't know if that made any sense but I hope it did.

Post #44   9/23/07 11:32:24AM   

sakusback3

I'm banned and have no life

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Hey cowards, keep deleting my defense, I'll just keep posting it again.

I recieved no warning, and you didn't tell me which rules I broke.

Post #45   9/23/07 12:20:27PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4