Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Leben

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

thepunisher

In Full Mount

thepunisher Avatar

Career:338-213
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
[

Riggs and Quarry would wipe the floor with Leben.

I give you Riggs might beat him but as slow as Quarry looked the other night he would be going down

Post #31   9/21/07 7:50:44AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by thepunisher

[

now name 9 fighters who ARENT better than Leben..... .....good luck

that is tough

1-Abbadi
2-Rivera
3-Sell
4-Quarry
5-Martin
6-Dewes
7-Riggs
8-Lutter
9-Shonie

Quarry, Riggs, Lutter, and Shonie would all beat Lebe...possibly Sell and probably Martin if they fought again. I'm not sure BamBam wouldn't beat Leben either

Post #32   9/21/07 10:00:59AM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
I like the way leben was patient with his strikes and some more JJ he could be a very dangerous fighter. I think he and Riggs would be a great fight

Post #33   9/21/07 7:51:03PM   

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:
I think Leben looked his worst in that fight ,no energy he was lucky he was fighting a short butterball that gases late in round one.Leben with the lean body just didnt seem strong or have any thing in the tank.

He also looked like he was on crank or something , not that he was he just looke like your crazy runaway cousin.

Post #34   9/22/07 3:45:23PM   

Bountytaker

MMA Regular

Career:116-77
Camp: House of Granite
Chips:
My friend was saying he'd like to see Ken-Flo and Diego have a rematch of TUF 1 Finale. I countered that, since it wouldn't happen, I'd like to see Ken-Flo and Leben meet at a compromise weight class and rematch their semi-final.

Why would Leben do it? To avenge the loss, and the chance to nearly headline an event.

Why would Ken-Flo do it? To erase the controversial win he had against Leben way back when, and the chance to prove he can compete outside of LW.

Of course, the funny thing was, in thinking about the potential fight, I could only come to one conclusion: Ken-Flo would DESTROY Leben. Hands down.

Since TUF 1, Leben has barely improved. Sure, his heads on a little straighter, and his cardio is somewhat better...but, in this sport, that's nothing special.

Meanwhile, guys like Ken-Flo, Forrest, Diego, etc...have all shown growth in their actual SKILLS. Heck, Ken-Flo is almost unrecognizable from that first season.

Based on that, I don't think Leben's got much future left in the UFC. Everyone has to GROW in this sport...not just overcome thier weaknesses. You have to be a well rounded competitior, not just someone who won't gas too early.

IMO, Leben made a mistake going on TUF 1. He relied on the fact that he was training with Couture at the time, and didn't seem to think he needed to improve. He used the experience to sell himself, not to learn methods that could transform his game. And, you can't completely blame him since he was training with Couture.

Still, when you look at the changes that most of that seasons competitors made, and then look where Leben is at right now, it's pretty obvious. The guy didn't use the opportunity given to him....and he probably doesn't have much time left in the league.

Post #35   9/22/07 4:50:15PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3