Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Ricco "Suave" Rodriguez to face Rothwell in IFL Team Finals

Print  
Posted By Message

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
Former UFC heavyweight champion Ricco Rodriguez will confront Quad-Cities Silverbacks' ace Ben Rothwell on Sept. 20's IFL Team Finals after Rothwell's original opponent, Tom Sauer, was forced off the card due to a biceps injury, it was reported Monday on the IFL Web site.

click here for full article from sherdog.com

Post #1   9/19/07 1:34:19AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Chips:
i think this will be the big test of ben rothwell and whats to come

suave has beat a lot of tough fighters (Randy Couture, Andrei Arlovski, Jeff Monson, Gary Goodridge, Paul Buentello)

Post #2   9/19/07 1:42:05AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,715-1,505
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
The real question is what type of condition Rodriguez will be in. If he is in crappy condition like he has been in the past couple years I see Rothwell winning rather quickly, but if Rodriguez shows up in good shape he will absolutely dominate Rothwell.

Post #3   9/19/07 1:59:42AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Chips:
yeah riccos condition will probably be the biggest factor for this fight

i hope he takes it serious and comes in looking great, i mean hes only like 30 years old and he already has tons of experience

Post #4   9/19/07 4:58:02AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I've got Rothwell in this one. Ricco hasn't been the same in damn near 5 years and Rothwell has fought and beaten the better competition as of late. It could still go RRs way, but I think Rothwell is going to get the tko.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #5   9/19/07 5:10:18PM   

biggunds

Learning to Sprawl

Career:31-20
Camp: Madison, WI
Chips:
I thought the IFL was made originally for fighters who were not as established "yet". Then I saw Vladamir, Heiron, and now Rodriguez. I know it shouldn't matter and a real fighter will never back away from a challenge but I think it's kinda sh_tty that coaches are bringing in well know fighters on "replacement" for other fighters. I personally think Rothwell will win against Rodriguez because I have a buddy who trained down in Iowa and know someone who is still training there and Rothewell routinely puts Sylvia out of practice. I know that is not saying much!!

Post #6   9/20/07 9:11:43AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by biggunds

I thought the IFL was made originally for fighters who were not as established "yet". Then I saw Vladamir, Heiron, and now Rodriguez. I know it shouldn't matter and a real fighter will never back away from a challenge but I think it's kinda sh_tty that coaches are bringing in well know fighters on "replacement" for other fighters. I personally think Rothwell will win against Rodriguez because I have a buddy who trained down in Iowa and know someone who is still training there and Rothewell routinely puts Sylvia out of practice. I know that is not saying much!!

I always wondered about Heiron. He seems too good for the IFL. I guess it's easy to get used to winning.

Post #7   9/20/07 2:54:17PM