Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Catching Up With Matt Lindland

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Top-ranked Middleweight fighter and IFL coach Matt Lindland recently spoke to MMAWeekly about various subjects, including cornering Dan Henderson at UFC 75, his IFL team, and his Sportfight promotion.

Interview

It seems like he's got a lot of good stuff going on, almost makes one wonder when he'll be able to find time to get back to fighting.

Post #1   9/18/07 10:40:11AM   

bezun

Banned

Career:146-107
Chips:
I am of Portland and I get to see the posters and billboards around the city with fighters from my gym. Around here, Lindland is the man. Cam Ward and Enoch Wilson fight on Team OJJ and I'm lucky enough to train there. Enoch's a great teacher and is the current Sportfight Featherweight Champ and I see greatness comming soon for him.
It would be nice to see Lindland fight Prangly and soon I hope.

Post #2   9/18/07 11:37:56AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
lindland is a great fighter id love to see him fight in the ufc again

Post #3   9/18/07 12:32:06PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Why Matt is not in the UFC is a mystery to me...they say he had beef with Dana W. Look at Tito, he has beef with Dana too and he is still there, and with a worse record.....just seems dumb to me. I like Tito, I like Matt, but the MW div needs much more help right now than the LHW!! Bring in the talent....simple as that.

Post #4   9/18/07 1:12:59PM   

bezun

Banned

Career:146-107
Chips:
Lindland still has a few fights left with bodog and he is getting older but you never know, the UFC may bring in a masters or hall of fame division. I'm kidding but that would be an interesting Ultimate fighter. Over forty hall of fame matches...

Post #5   9/18/07 5:27:20PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Why Matt is not in the UFC is a mystery to me...they say he had beef with Dana W. Look at Tito, he has beef with Dana too and he is still there, and with a worse record.....just seems dumb to me. I like Tito, I like Matt, but the MW div needs much more help right now than the LHW!! Bring in the talent....simple as that.

He is not as big as Tito. My friends (the casual fans) don't even know who Lindland is so they look at me dumbfounded when I say he should be fighting Silva for the MW belt. Just look at Barnett, hes a great HW but Dana and him don't get along so hes out the door. That's the one thing that pisses me off about the UFC and Dana White. They have all these stupid grudges with top fighters so we won't be able to see them compete in the UFC.

I wonder who his HW is going to be?????

Post #6   9/18/07 7:09:05PM