Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Is Fedor really the best Mixed Martial Artist in the world

Print  
Is Fedor really the Best Mixed Martial Artist in the World
Yes 43 68%
No 20 32%
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by enemyofmany

OK EMILL,YOUR A IDIOT.I WAS COMPARING THEIR TRANSITON INTO THE UFC,NOT THEIR STYLES OR THAT MIRKO WAS BETTER.I DONT CARE WHAT HE'S DONE,HE MIGHT COME IN AND GET KTFO BY AN "UNDERDOGG".IM NOT BUYIN ALL THE HYPE,IF HE'S SO BAD,WHERE THE F'S HE AT.ILL BELEIVE IT WHEN I SEE IT.

Calm down.

Post #46   9/18/07 9:58:14PM   

x_soa_x

MMA Regular

Career:61-38
Chips:

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by postman

Posted by loonytnt

id say no

Thank you for your in depth look and views on this subject. I feel relived you can express your feelings so well.

Glad he's out of my camp. Guess he left just in the nick of time, eh?

Awesome, he's out of the Pit?

Post #47   9/18/07 10:17:54PM   

MattHughesFan

MMA Regular

MattHughesFan Avatar

Career:294-174
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
lol see bad camp member board on the camp forums

Post #48   9/18/07 10:55:02PM   

sakurabaforever

I'm banned and have no life

Career:34-16
Chips:

Posted by enemyofmany

OK EMILL,YOUR A IDIOT.I WAS COMPARING THEIR TRANSITON INTO THE UFC,NOT THEIR STYLES OR THAT MIRKO WAS BETTER.I DONT CARE WHAT HE'S DONE,HE MIGHT COME IN AND GET KTFO BY AN "UNDERDOGG".IM NOT BUYIN ALL THE HYPE,IF HE'S SO BAD,WHERE THE F'S HE AT.ILL BELEIVE IT WHEN I SEE IT.

Don't buy the hype. Get yourself some Pride DVDs and see it with your own eyes.

Was Little Nog hyped to all hell before Sok? An underdog always has a "chance". And Fedor might slip and crack his skull open on the way to the octagon. Anything's possible.

And if English is not your first language, that's cool...but if it is...

Post #49   9/18/07 10:58:03PM   

enemyofmany

Banned

Career:32-18
Chips:
i know he's bad,maybe the baddest.but lets just see it already.

Post #50   9/18/07 11:03:16PM   

Dynamyk

Learning to Sprawl

Dynamyk Avatar

Career:185-104
Chips:
He's the closest champion to having a perfect record while fighting the best in his weight class. His only loss was the equivalent of someone soccer kicking someone else in the UFC and he avenged it in style (being fair, TK was past his prime).

He decimated Nog when he was considered P4P number 1 in his weight class. Beat Mirko who was the number one challenger. For a long time those were the top 3 fighters at HW and he was the only one to beat the other two.

His inactivity is hurting him, but until he is beat soundly he will be the best MMA fighter on the planet.

I think what hurt Matt the most in his road to this title was his loss to BJ. Basically its the same as Matt Lindland beating Fedor. Someone smaller coming up and beating the dominant champ. You can't say anything like that has happened to Fedor.

Post #51   9/18/07 11:53:42PM   

Akc814ilv

Learning to Sprawl

Akc814ilv Avatar

Career:324-156
Camp: MMA-FIGHTER.COM
Chips:
Yes he is the best in the world. There isnt anyone else even close.

I also dont agree with those of you who are saying that you want him in the UFC. I am tired of this Monopoly that Dana has on the MMA world and I want a good #2 ogranization to pop up and be a serious threat to the UFC.

If Fedor signs somewhere else it gives that organization the #1 heavyweight in the world. If they could sign Barnett you probably get the #3 heavyweight in the world.

Look at all the fighters out there for Fedor to fight that arent UFC fighters. There are PLENTY of opponents out there for him to go through and keep his #1 pound for pound ranking.

Only other person you can legitimately say is anywhere near being close to Fedor is Shogun. And I personally think that Shogun is going to struggle in the UFC. He should be Forrest....at least he better lol. But once he gets in there with the top level guys, and when he cant stomp his opponents and when he has to deal with being pressed up against the cage and elbowed in the face.....that will create issues for him.

Post #52   9/19/07 5:18:54PM   

MattHughesFan

MMA Regular

MattHughesFan Avatar

Career:294-174
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Well so much for shogun. Not only did he lose but he got dominated and u can't even blame it on the new rules because he was never in a position to stomp, the cage never really came into play and Shogun got the better of the elbows.

Post #53   9/26/07 5:58:54PM   

tlangley

MMA Regular

tlangley Avatar

Career:425-240
Chips:
there is always some one better...but yes, right noe he is the best.

i bet most people that say he isn't are either fairly new to mma or are just plain hating.

Post #54   9/27/07 1:29:56AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,949-1,115
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It's funny how many people on this thread have been banned.

BTW... Sakurabaforever's "banned and I have no life" is hilarious.

Post #55   9/27/07 2:21:00AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I say HECK YEAH!!!!

Who else can take a Randleman slam like that and just flip him over like nothing happened and submit him? Who else could out strike Cro Cop in the ride ring? Who else could make Mark Colemans spectacular wrestling look like a amaetur was doing it. Who else could out box Big Nog and beat him on the ground?

NOBODY THAT'S WHO!!!!

The UFC Octagon will only benefit him more because he loves to grapple because of his amazing Sambo/judo. Fedor will give Randy a whole lot of trouble and Randy will do the same, and that would be a GREAT BACK & FORTH FIGHT!!!

The only way he will lose is by getting caught by a lucky punch like everybody else can, or a huge gash on his face that forces TKO(cut stoppage)....

Post #56   9/27/07 2:29:20AM   

Azzkiker

Learning to Sprawl

Azzkiker Avatar

Career:286-192
Chips:
I think he is the best heavyweight. im leanong towards him as the best pound for pound fighter if he can take out couture. i will say the transformation to the cage will be a learning curve. Against someone like couture the ring is an added weapon, he knows how to use the cage and leverage against his opponents.

Post #57   9/30/07 10:44:54PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4