Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sakuraba Vs. Tamura, make it happen HERO'S!

Print  
Posted By Message

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:
Am I the only one wanting to see this very possible match-up? HERO'S has been hinting to it for a while now, bringing in some fighters from both camps to face each other. Albeit both fighters have been a little up-and-down lately, I would easily pick this as one of my most anticipated fights of '07. There is some bad blood between the two stemming back from their pro-wrestling day's, where Tamura was the star (who apperantly never wanted to give Saku a shot), plus they both have very similar styles and identical backgrounds which would make for a tremendous MMA grappling match.

Please HERO'S, make it happen!

Post #1   9/17/07 3:22:09PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,607-1,396
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I would like to se this , it will be a great chessmatch on the Ground

Post #2   9/17/07 9:32:13PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
If it was 2003 I'd say go for it, lets see it happen, but in 2007 it doesn't look good. Sakuraba doesn't have it anymore, he has just been in too many wars, and taken too much punishment. I know he just beat Shibata, but I don't think I'd be making a contraversial statement to say that Sakuraba is past his prime.

Tamura, hasn't been all that active either, fighting only twice and winning only once in 2006, and even then that was against Ikuhisa Minowa, who isn't exactly top drawer. One fight in 07 so far and even then, he lost that. He doesn't appear to be on top of his game either, so maybe its an even playing field for him and Sakuraba. Unfortunately I don't think it would be an exicting fight. I could be wrong though, maybe the bad blood between them would shake off the cob webs and provide an awesome match!

Last edited 9/19/07 2:54PM server time by Mastodon2
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   9/19/07 2:04:23PM   

sakurabaforever

I'm banned and have no life

Career:34-16
Chips:

I'd still rather see Saku vs Rickson, just to finally finish "it". It obviously won't play out like it would have with both of them much younger, but like you said, relatively even.

Post #4   9/19/07 2:38:09PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by sakurabaforever

I'd still rather see Saku vs Rickson, just to finally finish "it". It obviously won't play out like it would have with both of them much younger, but like you said, relatively even.

Well don't count it out just yet, as Funaki is heavily rumored to be joining with HERO'S... and if he signs, I have a big feeling he will want redemption against Rickson. With that said, it's very slim, but possible.

Before anything though I'd love to see Sakuraba / Tamura... as someone already mentioned, they are no longer in their primes, but what does that have to do with anything, I still need to see this happen!

Post #5   9/19/07 4:23:43PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Well don't count it out just yet, as Funaki is heavily rumored to be joining with HERO'S... and if he signs, I have a big feeling he will want redemption against Rickson. With that said, it's very slim, but possible.

Before anything though I'd love to see Sakuraba / Tamura... as someone already mentioned, they are no longer in their primes, but what does that have to do with anything, I still need to see this happen!

i heard they want to do rickson vs yoshida as the main event and sakuraba vs funaki as the co-main on NYE.. i don't have a link to where i heard that right now, but i remember hearing it, and it wasn't on sherdog

Post #6   9/20/07 11:59:42AM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by richieb19

i heard they want to do rickson vs yoshida as the main event and sakuraba vs funaki as the co-main on NYE.. i don't have a link to where i heard that right now, but i remember hearing it, and it wasn't on sherdog

Are you f'ing serious?!?!?!?!?!?! Yoshida Vs. Rickson would be a dream come true for me, and I have almost no doubt that Yosh would sub him. Funaki, although a little bigger than Saku has been out of the game for so long that I just don't know anymore.

Post #7   9/20/07 1:38:28PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Are you f'ing serious?!?!?!?!?!?! Yoshida Vs. Rickson would be a dream come true for me, and I have almost no doubt that Yosh would sub him. Funaki, although a little bigger than Saku has been out of the game for so long that I just don't know anymore.

yea i am f'ing serious bro, i wouldn't lie..

here is the link

it says it was translated from japanese to english off of the official K-1 site

Post #8   9/21/07 8:55:57AM   

Chris_Rendleman

Learning to Sprawl

Chris_Rendleman Avatar

Career:79-59
Chips:
saku ran through royce in LA and tamura did something good in his recent matchup.

I am not stoked

Post #9   9/21/07 6:17:48PM