Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matt Hamill fought with a torn ACL?

Print  
Posted By Message

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
http://www.fistfirstfighting.com/ext_player.php?id=113

Interview with Matt Hamill in which he states he's had knee problems for the last 5 months and how it affected his fight vs. Bisping.

Post #1   9/17/07 1:19:55PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
if he fought him with a torn acl, his next fight if he is healed up i see a lot more pnd

Post #2   9/17/07 1:46:40PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
After watching this interview I know the perfect nickname for Matt Hamill

Matt "You Know" Hamill

Post #3   9/17/07 2:35:36PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
haha so true.. makes you wonder if bisping had much of a chance at all if matt didnt have to keep letting him up, or if his takedowns had twice as much power and accuracy

Post #4   9/17/07 2:58:05PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
TUF publicity machine at its best:

An amateur wrestler (with a whopping 4 fights on his record and a torn ACL) fighting a fellow amateur in a prime time MMA event.

The whole world is lapping it up.

Post #5   9/17/07 3:16:56PM   

gspgnp

MMA Regular

gspgnp Avatar

Career:212-117
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

An amateur wrestler (with a whopping 4 fights on his record and a torn ACL) fighting a fellow amateur in a prime time MMA event.

Yeah it is a real shame that the UFC had the nerve to try and market this fight as top competition to the average viewer. Sorry they didn't meet your standards for a quality fight.

And to think that the UFC had the nerve to show you this fight for free to. Surely they owe more to you than this.

Post #6   9/17/07 3:29:06PM   

adamsb

MMA Regular

adamsb Avatar

Career:531-352
Chips:
and he still beat Bisping ass i think this guy is a beast he improved alot

Post #7   9/17/07 3:40:57PM   

pharside

MMA Regular

pharside Avatar

Career:346-216
Chips:
Sounds like he's taking a page out of Tito's book with this 1.

Post #8   9/17/07 4:15:46PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,283-1,272
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

It doesn't matter... the rivalry is what is enjoyable. The more you pick one side, the more enjoyable it becomes.

Post #9   9/17/07 4:47:00PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Chips:
i would've been content to see that fight on a ppv card, just cause your not watching two ranked fighters go at it doesnt mean that its not a quality fight. In my eyes, a quality fight is active, aggressive, displays more than one aspect of mma, and with both opponents inflicting damage.. bisping vs hamill fits that. Just cause someone is ranked or an accomplished fighter doesnt mean that the fight will be quality (werdum vs AA, Silvia vs monson).

if two people come out with a desire to win and a fighter's spirit, chances are you'll have a quality fight, i think bisping vs hamill delivered

Post #10   9/17/07 6:56:35PM   

Vendetta

MMA Regular

Vendetta Avatar

Career:719-395
Camp: SSU Combat Club
Chips:
There's no way he had a torn ACL, end of story. It was probably an MCL.

You simply can't fight with a torn ACL, see Vazquez vs Crane for proof. Javi couldn't even stand on his leg after blowing his ACL in that fight.

Post #11   9/17/07 8:44:21PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Chips:
the purpose of TUF is to bulk up divisions with new talent.. some of the fighters are raw talent, some have decent but young records. Both bisping and hamill are up and comming fighters.. although i dont think either have a chance in their division until the likes of shogun/rampage/hendo/liddel/wandy/tito are old and useless. But both fighters and young, and when these guys are 30-33 they'll be in their prime and those who are dominant now will probably be out of contention. We've yet to see a true star rise out of TUF but the show isnt that old, and most of the guys who got contract out of the show still have time to prove themselves.

with that said, i dont think the hamill bisping fight needed to be hyped all that much. People who watched the show knew they didnt like eachother, that the two of them were to the top two fighters there, and should've met in the finals. They were both arrogant in their own ways and both believed that neither guy had much of a chance against them.

This is not hype, this is from watching the show, or knowing what happened. Emotionally it makes for a better fight than two people of the same calibre who have no history and are strictly fighting to advance in standings

Post #12   9/17/07 9:44:06PM