Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nick Diaz's Performance 9/15 Elite XC

Print  
  Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
man sakuforever makes me laugh. every thread he is active on he is going at it with people saying that they dont have a clue. i think it was a close fight but a few big shots dont score more than constantly landing throughout the entire bout.

and why wouldnt a fight between shamrock and diaz be a good fight? franks fought two older gracie (not knocking them but there best days are behind them) in the last 4 years or something and diaz has been a tough fight for everyone he has ever faced.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #31   9/18/07 9:30:28AM   

ukgaz

Learning to Sprawl

Career:48-24
Chips:
Diaz may not have looked at his best but he def won this fight. His constant peppering shots will take there toll on any fighter. I don't know if his future is at 160 or if he will ever go back to 170 though his body type suggests he will always be slim. I thought Mike Aina put up a great battle though Diaz was done a great disservice by the announers

Post #32   9/18/07 9:38:17AM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Frank Shamrock? Ugh.. I can't stand the guy. He's revered as a complete jerk throughout the industry for a reason. He's demanded to be able to pick his fights on multiple occassions in multiple contract talks. He's a good fighter, but he hasn't been tested enough his second time around to really gauge where he's at.

Post #33   9/18/07 9:55:36AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Maybe Diaz wasn't in top form because he didn't get to toke up before the fight.

Oh and I am being facetious

Post #34   9/18/07 11:30:56AM   

gspgnp

MMA Regular

gspgnp Avatar

Career:212-117
Chips:

Posted by sakurabaforever

well Frank is a better fighter, but not because of that.

He was ahead on the scorecards anyway before the DQ. He admitted he didn't read the rules. Does that make him dumb? Sure. Bad fighter? Hell no. Why the hell would you compare Diaz to Renzo!? The fact that you think Diaz has a chance in any area, leads me to believe you haven't watched mma for too long, and if you have, well then, I don't know what to say, no point arguing with you thats for sure.

I don't know which fight you were watching but Renzo was dominating that fight. There is no way that Frank was ahead on the scorecards!!! Frank also damn well knew the rules and you have to be extremely slow to think that he didn't. That is just another excuse chalked up on the Frank blackboard........the money isn't there, that's why I fight lesser competition and hand pick old worn out opponents like myself..........

And why would i compare Renzo Gracie to a Gracie trained blackbelt? Diaz's jui jitsu is close to if not on par with Renzo's, that is why I make the comparison. Frank has not done anything impressive since his win over Ortiz and that was almost 8 years ago. Frank won't fight Nick because he knows he is over the hill and Diaz will school him. Sure Frank would put up a fight on the feet, but Nick can hold his own there. The fact that you don't think Diaz has a chance anywhere shows the veil of ignorance you are wearing.

I'm not saying Frank has no chance, I'm simply saying I think Diaz would win.

Post #35   9/18/07 11:32:57AM   

enemyofmany

Banned

Career:32-18
Chips:
I WATCHED IT AS WELL AND THINK IT COULD HAVE WENT EITHER WAY,DIAZ was throwin set up tap jabs,that were doing nothing,and he was rocked once,aina wasnt.and yes,he took his back but did nothing with it.i wasnt suprised that diaz got it,he tech probly did win,but give aina more credit,it Was close.

Post #36   9/18/07 11:34:37AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Aina immpressed me to say the least... He looks like he throws bombs, and made really good use of his bodyshots... Diaz did look a step or two behind... It just seemed like he couldn't get his rythm until later in the 3rd... I would attribute most of it to ring rust, especially since he did start to come on during the end of the fight...

In all I would've have given Nick the split... Def won the 3rd, probably lost the 1st, and squeaked out the 2nd... Great show by both fighters though

Post #37   9/18/07 11:41:48AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

And to everyone analyzing the decision, it really was very close, but simply put, finish the fight, if you can't do that it's your own fault.

What has this got to do with who won the decision?!?! So what you're saying is that it doesn't matter who wins when it goes to decision?

Post #38   9/18/07 12:00:47PM   

gspgnp

MMA Regular

gspgnp Avatar

Chips:

Post #39   9/18/07 12:15:48PM   

sakurabaforever

I'm banned and have no life

Career:34-16
Chips:

Posted by gspgnp

I don't know which fight you were watching but Renzo was dominating that fight. There is no way that Frank was ahead on the scorecards!!! Frank also damn well knew the rules and you have to be extremely slow to think that he didn't. That is just another excuse chalked up on the Frank blackboard........the money isn't there, that's why I fight lesser competition and hand pick old worn out opponents like myself..........

And why would i compare Renzo Gracie to a Gracie trained blackbelt? Diaz's jui jitsu is close to if not on par with Renzo's, that is why I make the comparison. Frank has not done anything impressive since his win over Ortiz and that was almost 8 years ago. Frank won't fight Nick because he knows he is over the hill and Diaz will school him. Sure Frank would put up a fight on the feet, but Nick can hold his own there. The fact that you don't think Diaz has a chance anywhere shows the veil of ignorance you are wearing.

Doesn't matter what you or I think about Frank vs Renzo we did not judge that bout, the appointed judges in that fight had Frank ahead.

If you think Diaz's JJ is even close to Renzo's, thats laughable. Their body type and styles are also COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Veil of ignorance That's an ironic statement.

Sure Frank comes off as arrogant, but he has accomplished a ton in his career that Diaz would only dream of. He has earned his legendary status and if he wants to fight non-top 10 opponents, thats his business. Doesn't make his skill level any lower, just hard to tell for some people and easy to discredit.

Diaz has lost to every worthy opponent he has faced. He is second-rate. Get over it.

Stickan - No...that is not what I meant. When did I even say Diaz didn't deserve the decision?! You guys always jumping to conclusions. MANY PEOPLE (in this very thread also) thought the fight could have gone either way, including myself. If Diaz, who is supposedly so good, he should have finished Aina, who has been TKOd plenty by no names. This would erase any doubt of a split decision. Got it now?

Last edited 9/18/07 12:44PM server time by sakurabaforever
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #40   9/18/07 12:41:26PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Copy/paste of my opinion from other thread...

I dont know what the big deal was with Aina....yea he was there to brawl,but I still had Nick winning every single round!

that second one was the closest,but the only thing Aina did was drop Nick with 1 shot.but Nick pulled guard,and quickly got up and continued to be aggressive as if the knockdown didnt even affect him 1 bit,and he went off to dominate the rest of the round,and even got Aina down and took his back and laid more ass whoopin his way.

Nick Diaz + A boring fight = Impossible!

Did you all see Aina's face after that fight?? Now THATS an "ass whoopin" if i have ever seen one....Imagine what his thighs look like

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #41   9/18/07 12:59:21PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by gspgnp

.....If Diaz, who is supposedly so good, he should have finished Aina, who has been TKOd plenty by no names. This would erase any doubt of a split decision. Got it now?

This is why you're my favourite poster.............you always back everything up with such great facts...

Who has TKO┬┤d Mike Aina? Give me ONE name.

Perhaps you just slipped and meant that he lost decisions to plenty of no names.
Are you calling Roger Huerta and Ryan Schultz no names?

Last edited 9/18/07 1:30PM server time by Stickan
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #42   9/18/07 1:12:09PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
well im happy diaz won this fight he is my fav. fighter good job diaz

Post #43   9/18/07 1:28:29PM   

gspgnp

MMA Regular

gspgnp Avatar

Chips:

If you think Diaz's JJ is even close to Renzo's, thats laughable. Their body type and styles are also COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

So what you are saying is that there is no way to compare someone's JJ skills unless they have the exact same style and body type???? That's ridiculous!

"If Diaz, who is supposedly so good, he should have finished Aina, who has been TKOd plenty by no names."

Shows how much you think before you speak! Who has KOed Aina??

Post #44   9/18/07 3:15:42PM   

sakurabaforever

I'm banned and have no life

Career:34-16
Chips:

Posted by gspgnp

So what you are saying is that there is no way to compare someone's JJ skills unless they have the exact same style and body type???? That's ridiculous!

"If Diaz, who is supposedly so good, he should have finished Aina, who has been TKOd plenty by no names."

Shows how much you think before you speak! Who has KOed Aina??

You guys are hilarious! Learn to read a little better...I said "their body type and styles are ALSO completely different". Key word "also". You can compare anyone's JJ obviously, and Renzo is way out of Diaz's league. Do you want me to put up stupid signs like you did for stating something so dumb?

And no, I didn't slip, I just wanted to see the reaction on something completely false. Hahaha. Not so easy to react calmly without laughing all over the place and putting up stupid signs, huh?

Post #45   9/18/07 7:56:00PM   

Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5