Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC, Apr. 7th: Koscheck v. Sanchez, it's official!!!!

Print  
Diego Sanchez v. Josh Koscheck : Who wins??
Diego Sanchez 32 78%
Josh Koscheck 9 22%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Texican

Learning to Sprawl

Texican Avatar

Career:29-29
Chips:
I don't understand why Diego would take this fight at this point in his career . To take a fight this dangerous after working so hard to work his way up the rankings is crazy . Kos has improved every area of his game since they fought last and Diego barely won that fight .
Don't take this the wrong way because I still beleive he will win , but it just seems like a big risk .

Last edited 2/5/07 7:43PM server time by texican
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   2/5/07 7:43:12PM   

illkornstar

Learning to Sprawl

Career:187-100
Chips:
sanchez wins this fight because he is a well rounded fighter, has way more heart and kos' ego is going to get in his way,

just like when sanchez fought diaz, diaz thought he was such a better fighter than diego and that he was so great that there was no way he could lose.

diego rd 3 stoppage

Post #17   2/5/07 8:18:18PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,811-1,108
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
Diaz is a good fighter; it's just hard to beat a fighter with really really good takedowns when you aren't a major knockout artist that would make the opponent hesitant to shoot. Ask anyone in the UFC's 155 division; it's hard to beat someone when you're on your back and Sean Sherk is laying on top of you.

I have a feeling this fight is going to stay on the feet and someone will be ko'd. I'm not a big fan of Koscheck but hell even I might root for him in this one.

Post #18   2/5/07 8:26:20PM   

illkornstar

Learning to Sprawl

Career:187-100
Chips:

Posted by JoeMimic

Diaz is a good fighter; it's just hard to beat a fighter with really really good takedowns when you aren't a major knockout artist that would make the opponent hesitant to shoot. Ask anyone in the UFC's 155 division; it's hard to beat someone when you're on your back and Sean Sherk is laying on top of you.

I have a feeling this fight is going to stay on the feet and someone will be ko'd. I'm not a big fan of Koscheck but hell even I might root for him in this one.

i never said that diaz was not a good fighter, he is a hell of a fighter and puts on great fights, i was just saying diego was a better fighter that night and his heart won that fight for him, who knows how it would go if they fought a 2nd time, i was just refering to his cocky attitude going into the fight and kos' attitude kinda reminds me of diaz' before that fight thats all.

Post #19   2/5/07 8:54:46PM   

GSPFan0385

Learning to Sprawl

GSPFan0385 Avatar

Career:11-7
Chips:
With the war of words that has been going on with these guys for the past year will only make this fight even better.

It should be a great fight. I think right off the top of my head I'm going to have to go with Deigo.

Post #20   2/5/07 9:27:25PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
nate22, right on!
without looking it up, i don't think i could tell you who kos' last few opponents were. diego has had a much harder road to this fight (diaz, karo, riggs) and he's improved with each fight. i don't think he'll let this fight be boring. diego - arm bar beginning of 2nd.

Post #21   2/5/07 10:54:24PM   

BrAeDeN91

MMA Regular

BrAeDeN91 Avatar

Career:42-30
Camp: ricco rodriguez and the sundance kids
Chips:
that will be intersesting to see both are wrestlers. sanchez has alot of heart he doesnt quit. but kos is a good wrestler. i still say diego by tko 2nd.

Post #22   2/5/07 10:57:22PM   

SteedTheDeed

Standup Guy

SteedTheDeed Avatar

Career:786-501
Chips:
i hate both guys so much, i would prefer diego to lose.

Post #23   2/6/07 12:02:03AM   

JunCTion

JunCTion Avatar

Chips:
i just want to know how many wins is it going to take for sanchez to get a title shot. he is really the only successful TUF fighter (wins/losses). that was season 1 and all this time has passed and these idiot comebackers get their shot immediately! what's up with that?

Post #24   2/6/07 12:12:58AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
I think if Diego takes this, he's got to be up for the next WW shot after Serra.

Post #25   2/6/07 5:56:17AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by Texican

I don't understand why Diego would take this fight at this point in his career . To take a fight this dangerous after working so hard to work his way up the rankings is crazy . Kos has improved every area of his game since they fought last and Diego barely won that fight .
Don't take this the wrong way because I still beleive he will win , but it just seems like a big risk .

Was a long time since I last saw that TUF fight but I thought Diego won that one pretty convincingly? Kos did look like a Ken Shamrock-post-Tito after the fight due to all knees he ate.

Other than that I totally agree with you. A risky fight for Diego to take. He's undefeated and on a roll and a title fight for him now would sell huuuuge. From his perspective though I think he believes he can beat anyone on any given day and that Kos is just another step in proving himself.

Joe Silva must have a lot of confidence in Diego for this fight because if Diego loses he's probably made a huge mistake making this match-up.

Kos is not as easy to market as a title contender as Diego and since UFC is looking to expand it's brand in Mexico and on the hispanic scene Diego is perfect.

Post #26   2/6/07 6:05:28AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,746-1,060
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I'll be watching this one live and in person, 6 rows back! Anyway...

I think Diego is a more well rounded fighter at this point in there careers. Diego should stop this fight in the 3rd, or win a unanimous decision. I think Kos' wrestling ability will allow him to survive 2 and 1/2 rounds.

Post #27   2/6/07 6:53:16AM   

JunCTion

JunCTion Avatar

Chips:
guys. what's he gonna say? dana, i don't want to take on kos because it's to risky. it might hurt my chances for a title shot. Stickan, you're right. he believes he can beat anybody. and so far he has. when you're undefeated, any fight could be risky. diego's the one that said "i'll fight whoever the put in front of me"

Post #28   2/6/07 11:07:44AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Josh's wrestling is insane. He could win. With that, Sanchez just keeps getting better every fight. His hunger is through the roof. He's patient. Not pushing for the title shot. Leaving it up to the UFC, but really leaving it up to his results.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #29   2/6/07 6:07:53PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2