Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

if chuck wins

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:

Posted by Blizzard

IF? IF?
No if's about it, he will win and then, I think give him Wandy or will it be give Chuck to Wandy? I think Wandy..?

no ifs about it? forrest is a big underdog friend there would have to be a whole bunch of "ifs" for him to win. forrest will lose this fight im pretty sure and the only ones who disagree are the generation tuf. the guys who think the mma world started with the ultimate fighter on spike tv.

Post #16   9/16/07 10:02:50PM   

Firebird

Learning to Sprawl

Career:49-43
Camp: Tap or Nap
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by Firebird

Lets face it...Its not about who deserves what in the UFC anymore...

Its what sells tickets.

And Chuck vs Wandy or Chuck vs Rampage would both sell ALOT of tickets.

Firebird

Exactly, thats why im thinking Cro Cop wont face anymore big names until he beats atleast some mid carder and KO him by Head kick to get his confidence back but since he says he will retire after his contract is up the only fight I see them being able to market is Hunt vs CC 3 which Id love to see!!!

But if Chuck does catch Wandy, "CATCH" so I shouldnt be saying "lucky" but if he KOs him then maybe people would love to see Chuck/Rampage 3....But then maybe theyd give Tito another shot at chuck after he UD's rashad by saying "You beat Tito a 3rd time convincingly you get a 3rd match wit rampage"?

Not a bad idea or way to look at it.

I could see this happening. Tito Vs Liddell 3 would also sell tickets.

I wish Dana would...Well I cant say bring back because it was never really there, But He should "Create" a ranking ladder and let people climb it the right way.

Firebird

Post #17   9/17/07 1:00:51AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

If they let chuck fight rampage after he beats jardine I will only watch K-1 and the UFC will be dead to me.

Did you feel the same way about Pride when they let Wandy and Saku fight 3 times. I mean, it wasn't like Saku had a chance. The first fight TKO, Round 1. The second fight, TKO (Doctor stoppage. end of round 1) Third fight, KO first round.

After the 2nd fight Saku didn't deserve to fight Wandy again, but he did.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #18   9/17/07 5:41:27PM   

buryyourdead

MMA Regular

buryyourdead Avatar

Career:383-219
Chips:
I hope that's Dana's plan. We've all been teased way too much on this fight. Won't it be funny when we've waited all this long and someone gets knocked out in the first minute. Can't wait to see it though hopefully Wanderlei didn't leave all his great fights in Japan if he comes out ready and so does Chuck, it''ll be war.

Post #19   9/17/07 10:41:55PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by cmill21

If they let chuck fight rampage after he beats jardine I will only watch K-1 and the UFC will be dead to me.

Did you feel the same way about Pride when they let Wandy and Saku fight 3 times. I mean, it wasn't like Saku had a chance. The first fight TKO, Round 1. The second fight, TKO (Doctor stoppage. end of round 1) Third fight, KO first round.

Hrrmm, Tito might not deserve a third match up but I would love to see it. I think Tito would take it to a decision this time.

Post #20   9/17/07 11:37:12PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
I wonder if you still want a title shot for Chuck if he loses to Jardine or the next opponent (hopefully Wandy) or both ?

You know because he was " a great champ" and this and that....

Last edited 9/18/07 10:04PM server time by Ordep
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   9/18/07 10:03:41PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by cmill21

Yeah I did. I said the same thing when Hughes got his shot.

Last edited 9/18/07 10:13PM server time by cmill21
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   9/18/07 10:12:41PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by zephead

Posted by cmill21

Yeah I did. I said the same thing when Hughes got his shot.

So you quit watching Pride when Wandy and Saku fought the 3rd time?

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #23   9/19/07 8:53:56AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by jocksmall

Posted by Blizzard

IF? IF?
No if's about it, he will win and then, I think give him Wandy or will it be give Chuck to Wandy? I think Wandy..?

no ifs about it? forrest is a big underdog friend there would have to be a whole bunch of "ifs" for him to win. forrest will lose this fight im pretty sure and the only ones who disagree are the generation tuf. the guys who think the mma world started with the ultimate fighter on spike tv.

Not a very wise statement to make IMO. Being an underdog has absolutely nothing to do with winning the fight.

Post #24   9/21/07 11:58:52AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2