Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

why i think forrest will win

Print  
  Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

MikeBillotto

Banned

Career:120-79
Chips:
i think of what we have seen from pride fighters besides rampage and big nog so far..they struggle in the octagon the first time..and he can be taking forrest lightly which he shouldnt do forrest is a great fighter..im going with forrest

Post #61   9/21/07 6:03:49PM   

Chris_Rendleman

Learning to Sprawl

Chris_Rendleman Avatar

Career:79-59
Chips:
yer mad!!

Post #62   9/21/07 6:16:50PM   

Chris_Rendleman

Learning to Sprawl

Chris_Rendleman Avatar

Career:79-59
Chips:
i'd bet my house on shogun, like i did against coleman

Post #63   9/21/07 6:22:49PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Ultimately, if Forrest fights intelligently (sort of like how he did against Ramirez), he can win this fight. Forrest has some nice leg kicks and good boxing skills. He just needs to keep moving and circle around Shogun to maintain his distance and avoid the clinch.

I don't think Shogun will be able to TD Forrest if he shoots from the outside (he's better with leg trips but I feel that his overall TDs are weak in comparison to other fighters). Even if Forrest gets caught in the clinch, I'm sure he has learned a thing or two from Randy to know what to do.

Hell, he may decide to TD Shogun himself and maybe greet Shogun with some elbows. As long as Forrest does not fight like how he did against Jardine (i.e. swing wildly after getting rocked like an idiot), he should do pretty well against Shogun.

Now I still believe Shogun will win, but I would not put it past Forrest to score the upset. The man's an opportunist, what better time to fight Shogun than his debut? I think people are not giving Forrest enough respect because he lost to Jardine, he is not a can like how many people are making him out to be.

Post #64   9/21/07 6:48:34PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by nubby

Back to Forrest. Shogun is a great well rounded fighter that is about to lose a decision. Forrest is a strong dirty boxer with some good leg kicks to boot. He has no problem taking hits and he has good cardio. In fact, one of the great things about Forrest is that he seems to get better as the rounds progress. My prediction is that this fight will start out lopsided in the first round. Everyone is going to say "see Shogun is destroying that TUFer". Then Forrest is going to turn it on in round two, picking Shogun apart bit by bit. In Round three Shogun is going to be frustrated, tired, and ineffective. Forrest will win the split decision.

hmmmm... Sounds a little familiar... The only problem is that Shogun is not Tito

You're right, Forrest won't have to worry as much.

Post #65   9/21/07 7:53:14PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,522-1,450
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by nubby

You're right, Forrest won't have to worry as much.

new low nubby

Post #66   9/21/07 7:53:56PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:
HAHAHA! Sorry I had to say that. Just as a side note I understand why everyone wants to pick Shogun. I mean he's agressive as hell, he's a sexy beast, he's pride, he beat the hell out of Quinton. It's a no brainer. But cmon guys do you really think he will run through Forrest like a can? I just don't get why one knock out from Jardine makes him a can.

Post #67   9/21/07 8:09:54PM   

puppettamer

Learning to Sprawl

puppettamer Avatar

Career:427-274
Chips:
lmao pretty much perfectly put!

Post #68   9/22/07 5:41:24AM   

puppettamer

Learning to Sprawl

puppettamer Avatar

Career:427-274
Chips:
but seriously i just dont see how forrest will win i mean hes tough as hell and has heart but hes just out classed and i hope he puts up a good fight for our sakes so we get to see more of shoguns perfromance in the cage

Post #69   9/22/07 5:45:57AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I don't really see what you're getting at here and the only real point that even seems halfway valid is that forest is a slightly bigger LHW (and I mean slightly). You seem to just enjoy making these posts anytime there is an underdog with a more than remote possibility of winning... On a similar note, nubby seems to enjoy picking against every fighter who has spent the majority of their career in PRIDE for no reason other than that they fought in PRIDE. I'm not sure if you two make these posts simply because you enjoy being different, in order to feel superior on the off chance that your predictions come true, or if you honestly believe what you are saying, but there seems to be very little actual reasoning behind your points. I hope that it is the latter, but something tells me when you're actually making your picks you don't pick the fighters that you claim you believe will win in these threads, which leads me to believe this isn't the case. Anyway, I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow, but I personally believe you're both wrong.

P.S. Nubby: I hate you.

Post #70   9/22/07 9:19:00AM   

Nacho

MMA Regular

Nacho Avatar

Career:137-83
Chips:
My money is on Forrest. First off, the odds are very nice for the uspset. Shogun is Shogun... this ain't Pride rules! No soccer kicks, no acrobatic head stomps- none of that. Forrest is at home in the cage. Pride fighters are having a difficult time walking into the cage and dominating. Rampage is the exception. Forrest is NOT overrated. The dude is a fighter, through and through. I think Shogun and his nut huggers are in for a rude surprise tonight. OF COURSE I could eat my words, I just think Forrest is due a very huge win.

Post #71   9/22/07 10:37:14AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Svabbi

And by the way Forrest is not bigger than Shogun. Remember not long ago Shogun fought at HW and outweighted Mark Coleman. Shogun is a massive LHW.

No he is not. he is a small LHVY, and could make 185 if he wished too. I remember when he moved up( only to give him a chance at a title in Pride because he and Wandy are like brothers, and Ninja went to 185) and all the talk about him lifting and eating. There is no proof to the roid rumors, so lets just leave them out of it. He is not even a very ripped fighter and only 6 feet tall . Forrest is one of the biggest at 205 and cuts 22 to 27 lbs. every time the week of the fight. thats out of his own mouth and Randy's on Sherdog radio. However, UFC jitters, little cage experience, different rules, and the other pro- Forrest arguments aside I'm still taking Shogun. I just think he's a better all around fighter, especially speedwise, and Forrest seems to lack a lot of KO power. I'm a big fan of both guys , but my only concession to Forrest is to pick him to lose by UD. He's a tough guy, and I think he's learned his lesson in the Jardine fight, when he gets hurt he'll try to move away or clinch to recover. That being said I think he'll tough out a decision loss, but still a loss.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #72   9/22/07 5:24:28PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Shogun looks like he's in great condition, as does Forrest. Looking forword to a good tilt.

Post #73   9/22/07 6:49:21PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:
Well I was close enough, had the fight gone 15 more seconds it would have been a decision. :(

Post #74   9/23/07 12:46:39PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by cmill21

Posted by keith-hackney1

If it stays standing, i see griffin getting a unan dec.

Huh? Have you ever seen Shogun fight?

I swear you said the same arogant thing about CroCop......and look wat happened

I have seen Shogun fight,..i know that sometimes he is a little over agressive,and i know he can be taken down at will....i know Griffin has better hands....kicking advantage i would give to Shogun of course,but i woudnt be surprised in seeing Griffin win the leg kicking war either...plus griffin has the reach.....

heart will win this fight....and i have Griffin winning by Split

Feorrest better hope shogun doesn't like the cage. Your comparing a much younger, more well rounded, fighter to an uninspired vet, who doesn't seem to care anymore. Not really a fair comparison is it?

Uhhh!...in your face!!!

maybe now you will learn to respect people's opinions,and talking out of your...well,you know

Post #75   9/25/07 12:04:42PM   

Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5