Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

i like quinton but hes not the best at 205

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:

Posted by LR

LOL, why are we talking about the Sakuraba fight? Rampage's gameplan was horrible in that fight. I felt like he was trying to slam Sakuraba like it was his special move in a WWE fight. He gassed himself completely trying to slam Sakuraba the entire fight instead of fighting like he should have.

We're talking about that fight because that Sakuraba fan guy suggested that Rampage still has something to prove by fighting Sakurba again!

Post #16   9/13/07 3:13:34PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by scobac

Posted by nubby

To me it doesn't matter who he fights, for the next 3 fights I believe Jackson will go undefeated. After that he will fall off and never get it back.

I think once he looses the title it will be hard to get back, if he can at all. but what do you base this on? A hunch? im not bein critical just curious.

Because after those three fights he's going to lose his focus again. His next fight will probably be against Forrest Griffin He will win a unanymous decision. After that he will fight Chuck for a Third time and defeat chuck with a second round knock out. His third fight will be against Tito Ortiz. He will get another Unanymous decision akin to Couture's win over Ortiz. His fourth fight will be against Wanderlei Silva. Silva will knee the shit out of Jackson again knocking him out in the first round. Again shogun will be waiting on the side line as his friend and mentor holds another title. Shogun and Wanderlei will fight in the most anticipated fight ever. I don't know who wins that one.

Post #17   9/13/07 7:22:07PM   

gamez0932

MMA Regular

gamez0932 Avatar

Career:408-303
Chips:
as of right now he is, but to really be the best in that division he'll need wins over wanderlei and shogun.

Post #18   9/13/07 11:45:04PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Strait up people need to recognize that shogun aint gonna be as good as he was in pride because its in the cage.Same with wandi he wasnt that good in the cage.Rampage is the best 205 pounder in the world.

Post #19   9/15/07 2:55:13AM   

ColdCutCombo

Banned

Career:39-26
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Strait up people need to recognize that shogun aint gonna be as good as he was in pride because its in the cage.Same with wandi he wasnt that good in the cage.Rampage is the best 205 pounder in the world.

cage=shit at least im giving jackson a chance your just huggin his nuts, be real yo straight up, recognize....you must be new to mma, let me find a link for you and show you those fights, see if a cage really matters when your getting whooped on. recognize yo straight up dog

Post #20   9/15/07 4:45:23AM   

ColdCutCombo

Banned

Career:39-26
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by scobac

Posted by nubby

To me it doesn't matter who he fights, for the next 3 fights I believe Jackson will go undefeated. After that he will fall off and never get it back.

I think once he looses the title it will be hard to get back, if he can at all. but what do you base this on? A hunch? im not bein critical just curious.

Because after those three fights he's going to lose his focus again. His next fight will probably be against Forrest Griffin He will win a unanymous decision. After that he will fight Chuck for a Third time and defeat chuck with a second round knock out. His third fight will be against Tito Ortiz. He will get another Unanymous decision akin to Couture's win over Ortiz. His fourth fight will be against Wanderlei Silva. Silva will knee the shit out of Jackson again knocking him out in the first round. Again shogun will be waiting on the side line as his friend and mentor holds another title. Shogun and Wanderlei will fight in the most anticipated fight ever. I don't know who wins that one.

your logic is messed up....tito ortiz? title shot? oh brother...just kill the ufc now if forrest or tito get a shot at jackson..i think the odds against griffin are high in this shogun fight 9 to 1 maybe. and jackson beats wandy? why all this glory for jackson, i guess he fassens well with the average prick fan but whatever i can see how a newer fan would think hes the best and climb aboard rampages fan club cus he beat chuck twice now getting a close victory over hendo, if chuck had beaten rampage everyone would still think wandy or chuck is the best anyway. you cant argue with his losses if youve seen them, conclusion is there probably isnt a best, every fighter possesses something different, and styles collide in strange ways, upsets are iminent

Post #21   9/15/07 4:55:52AM   

tlangley

MMA Regular

tlangley Avatar

Career:425-240
Chips:
yeah i agree. Rampage even said he needs to work on more things and also said he'd like to avende some of his pride losses. i strongly beleave Rampage can beat shogun and wandi if he can just work on his clinch game.

Post #22   9/24/07 5:22:54PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ColdCutCombo

because he beat chuck twice and hendo by decision it means he has more work to do before hes considered the best, to me hes not the best until he avenges his loses like chuck tried to do against rampage and couldnt. unfortunatly the odds are against rampage even if the hype makes him out to be as good, again i like the guy but hes just not the best yet. i think he can beat wanderlei and shogun but most likely will not happen, i also think machida is better than him.

Okay you had a good argument until you mentioned Machida.I mean he isnt even in the same league as rampage....come on man get real

Post #23   9/24/07 5:32:40PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ColdCutCombo

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

cage=shit at least im giving jackson a chance your just huggin his nuts, be real yo straight up, recognize....you must be new to mma, let me find a link for you and show you those fights, see if a cage really matters when your getting whooped on. recognize yo straight up dog

i didnt even see your post guy.Rampage is the best and i like how you just call people out like that.You can get banned for that.....oh wait you already did.....

Post #24   9/24/07 5:36:51PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by scobac

Posted by nubby

I actually really like this breakdown... But I think that Page can finish Forrest... He'd prolly UD Tito if they ever fought, and he's got Chuck's number just like Wand has his... And the Shogun Wandy fight would be re-freakin-diculous

Post #25   9/24/07 5:39:21PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
Wandy Silva could win but I said before shogun even came to UFC that he would have a harder time winning than SIlva would.

Post #26   9/24/07 6:04:23PM   

KissMyBallz

MMA Regular

KissMyBallz Avatar

Career:7-7
Chips:
well we sure as hell know now that Shogun wasnt the best.

Post #27   9/24/07 9:29:26PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Now he is.

Post #28   9/25/07 6:13:36PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
This thread is kinda whack to me just because Rampage IS THE BEST AT 205...and it's not even him, Junaito might be the best MMA trainer ever!!! He helped Kongo dominate CC with an injury or not, but the fight still counts and he helped Rampage dominate Hendo....

Rampage would beat Machida just because I can't see Machida beating him...Rampage is better on the ground and stand up...

Post #29   9/25/07 6:32:38PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i dunno about janito being the best trainer ever, miletich has produced some great fighters over a number of years.

back on the subject, i think there is little doubt that rampage is a clear #1 right now, thanks UFC:Knockout(they really blew it on the name of this one)

Post #30   9/25/07 7:42:19PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3