Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Gomi's UFC field trip?

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
Sorry man I didn't mean to tick you off. I wasn't trying to make anything personal. I do admit that the Pride lightweights are badass, but I just think over time, the UFC will prove itself. That's all I meant.

Post #46   1/23/07 3:19:05AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by aceprone

Sorry man I didn't mean to tick you off. I wasn't trying to make anything personal. I do admit that the Pride lightweights are badass, but I just think over time, the UFC will prove itself. That's all I meant.

No not at all, it is fine, I apologise I was having mad arguments with girlfriend and came on here and vented on MMA lightweights. lol.

Post #47   1/23/07 6:41:22AM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by zephead

I think Sherk will be to fast and strong for Gomi.

Thats what they said about gomi/kawajiri and we all know what happened there.

Its funny with champions like Fedor, Liddell, Gomi, Anderson Silva, tim silvia with body types that arent chiseled like body builders so people automatically assume that buff dudes are more atheletic than they are.

We must face the facts that muscle mass does mean not overall strength. People like Sean Sherk who body build tend to be stronger at isolation movements than compound kinetic movements which involve the entire body than say just bicep curls.

IMO Sherk is underrated because he hasnt faced top level competiton like Gomi has been facing, but I bet as time goes on with new UFC LW aquistions and guys like Joe Stevenson improving their craft we are gonna see the Muscle shark move up fast.

IMO Sherk would win UFC rules, no knee strikes on the ground, Push Gomi up against the cage, bend his spine and make him lose power, lay and pray for a dec. victory. But pride rules with yellow cards for inactivity and standing them up right away I gotta give it to Gomi.

Post #48   1/31/07 12:31:54PM   

tffdwg38

Banned

tffdwg38 Avatar

Career:16-14
Chips:
show me gulliard vs gomi

Post #49   1/31/07 7:59:52PM   

tffdwg38

Banned

tffdwg38 Avatar

Career:16-14
Chips:
it would be funny to watch a tuffer beat up on a pride champ

Post #50   1/31/07 8:00:49PM   

OchoCinco

MMA Regular

OchoCinco Avatar

Career:1,113-695
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:

Posted by thepitbull00

I think a Gomi versus Guillard fight would be the best matchup. I think they could put on a really good war and it would really shake up the lightweight division.

Gomi would be throttled by BJ...COME ON!

Post #51   1/31/07 8:17:53PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by OchoCinco

Posted by thepitbull00

I think a Gomi versus Guillard fight would be the best matchup. I think they could put on a really good war and it would really shake up the lightweight division.

Gomi would be throttled by BJ...COME ON![/QUOTE

already happend, cause BJ's the man]

Post #52   2/1/07 12:31:44AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by OchoCinco

Posted by thepitbull00

Gomi would be throttled by BJ...COME ON![/QUOTE

already happend, cause BJ's the man]

While, I also think BJ would beat Gomi again, that first fight was a long time ago. I think Gomi has gotten better. I really hope this happens.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #53   2/1/07 8:47:22PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4