Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fedor Online Q&A...Responds To Dana's Claim That UFC Fighters Are Better

Print  
Posted By Message

guccimane

Banned

Career:22-15
Chips:
THE BEST FIGHTER OF ALL TIME

Here's an old online question and answer session that Fedor had in April. Even though it's a bit old, it hasn't been posted, and it's a really indepth q and a. He answers a lot of questions, talks about Randy Couture, Gonzaga's KO of CroCop, and also responds to Dana White's ridiculous claim that PRIDE fighters are "inferior" to UFC fighters because apparently they haven't performed well in the cage (I'm guessing that means CroCop), although two belt holders right now are former PRIDE fighters that could never gain the strap there. LOL. Anyways, it's a great read, it gives you a lot of insight on Fedor as a man, his training habits, what he thinks of a lot of fighters...and a lot more. Great read.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 9/12/07 3:53PM server time by guccimane
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   9/12/07 3:51:26PM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:
it seems like they always ask fedor the same questions they do in all his interviews.

Post #2   9/12/07 4:27:48PM   

guccimane

Banned

Career:22-15
Chips:
lol bro "they" were fans from russia who wrote in and asked any question on their mind. ive been following fedor for years, and a majority of these questions, especially about his family, dana white etc. have never been asked to him. its good to see a glimpse inside the man who is the best mma fighter of all time.

Post #3   9/12/07 5:02:21PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:
ya this is a couple months old.

Post #4   9/12/07 5:20:47PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
really old

Post #5   9/12/07 5:44:57PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
I remember seeing this link on mmaplayground a couple of months ago. Fedor does have a really nice website though.

Post #6   9/12/07 5:56:49PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I like this Fedor guy. Who is he?

Post #7   9/12/07 9:53:45PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,782-1,124
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I wish Fedor would just sign with someone already

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #8   9/13/07 12:19:49AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by nubby

I like this Fedor guy. Who is he?

not sure

Post #9   9/13/07 1:10:24PM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
never seen this, nice

"Q: Lindland admired your armbar in his last interview. He indicated that he has never seen it done that way before, and that it was an unusual way to do it. He said that he did not think he was in danger until he felt his arm straighten. What was it? Sambo? Jiu-jitsu? Catch wrestling? Something new?
A: That submission was standard, the implementation was mine. I blocked his arm by squeezing it very tightly with my legs."

fedor must be very strong

"Q: What's more important for you as a fighter: the ability to earn good money, or the worldwide popularity and fame of the best fighter in the heavyweight division and in all of MMA?
A: All of these factors are important for me. Remaining the best heavyweight fighter is the most important one."

this is very interesting

"Q: How did you like competing in Saint Petersburg? Was the support even remotely close to the Japanese 40,000 people shows?
A: I liked it a lot. Our audience is on par with the Japanese fans. We could feel that people in the audience weren't watching MMA for the first time, and that they understood what was going on in the ring. "Pride needed several years to get to that point in Japan.

if pride can do it, UFC is clearly on it's way

Post #10   9/13/07 8:24:40PM