Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Blowback at Sports Illustrated.

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
So in suggesting in my last column that Pride had been overrated compared to UFC, I learned an important lesson: some SI.com readers swear more than Dana White. Even one of my friends piled it on. But really, it was great to have the debate explode in my inbox. Some of the letter writers made excellent points, like this one:

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   9/12/07 1:55:50PM   

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,894-1,182
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I wish everyone would just let PrideFC rest in peace

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #2   9/13/07 12:25:12AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,566-924
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think it is a bit ridiculous to consider Rampage a UFC fighter.
Go back an watch his Total Elimination 2003 interview prior to fighting Chuck and anyone would laugh at the fact Rampage is being called a UFC fighter.
(yes I know Rampage talks very well about the UFC now,but the point still stands).

But even at that.Why is everything still Pride/UFC?
Why can't we just say fighters are fighters and go on?
Did Pride have amazing fighters?
Yes.
Does the UFC have amazing fighters?
Yes.

Post #3   9/13/07 6:53:09AM