Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Bisping is being punished

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

tberg420

Standup Guy

tberg420 Avatar

Career:1,578-861
Chips:

Posted by owen1

Posted by tberg420

I don't know why people are giving Cecil Peoples so much crap with this decision. He scored the same as Jeff Mullen. I personally think that Bisping won the fight as everytime that Hams took him down Bisping got up which would erase that takedown in my eyes. However, I feel that some people are complaining about this decision but yet bitch about Sherk, Ortiz, Evans, Koscheck laying and praying a Decision. You can't have it both ways.

I think you are overlooking the fact that Hammill beat the shit outta him on there feet aswell!!!

I will give you the 1st Round but Bisping landed numerous combos in the 2nd and 3rd. Best thing that we all can say is that if you don't like the Judges Decision..then finish the fight!

Post #16   9/11/07 7:22:27PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by tberg420

Posted by owen1

Posted by tberg420

I don't know why people are giving Cecil Peoples so much crap with this decision. He scored the same as Jeff Mullen. I personally think that Bisping won the fight as everytime that Hams took him down Bisping got up which would erase that takedown in my eyes. However, I feel that some people are complaining about this decision but yet bitch about Sherk, Ortiz, Evans, Koscheck laying and praying a Decision. You can't have it both ways.

I think you are overlooking the fact that Hammill beat the shit outta him on there feet aswell!!!

I will give you the 1st Round but Bisping landed numerous combos in the 2nd and 3rd. Best thing that we all can say is that if you don't like the Judges Decision..then finish the fight!

Nah, I think the scoring system needs to be updated to fit with MMA instead of boxing.

Post #17   9/11/07 7:55:43PM   

Rich78

MMA Regular

Rich78 Avatar

Career:148-108
Chips:

I think 10-9's work fine in boxing where there are 12 rounds in a fight, but in a 3 round mma fight, they don't work very well at all, and think they should definately be looked at.

Also, with regard to people wanting the next fight in the USA, for which I presume is for the fact that Bisping 'won' a debateable decision, the English judge was the only one to score it for Hammill, the other who scored it for Bisping were from the USA.

Post #18   9/12/07 8:57:50AM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,185-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Bisping is more gracious now, and asks for a rematch.

LINK

Post #19   9/12/07 10:35:11AM   

Pride-Fighter

MMA Regular

Pride-Fighter Avatar

Career:392-266
Chips:
Bisping is going to get beat down so bad his momma will disown him!!!

Post #20   9/12/07 11:12:21AM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

Bisping is more gracious now, and asks for a rematch.

LINK

He's saything that after Dana already said their would already be one. It's like if you got drafted into war, but instead of telling your family you got drafted you made a huge speach about how you were enlisting because you love this country.

But I can't complain too much, at least he accepted the fight. It's gonna be a war.

Post #21   9/12/07 4:06:50PM   

ColdCutCombo

Banned

Career:39-26
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=MultiMedia.video

Click on bisping post fight, he gives hamill all the respect, bisping did under achieve in this fight and will finish hamill in a rematch, hopefully on usa soil.

i am freakin sickened by stupidass fans like that, they accually boo you, just because they have a fetish with a mediocre fighter just because hes british like they are. they accually booed matt hamill as hes winning the fight, when i hear people say you can argue this and that about the scoring, no way. you can argue the 3rd round thats it. hamill competely dominated the first 2 rounds, and guess what that means bisping has to get the ko according to the scoring system, but again another great fighter screwed by the judges, i was hoping that whole fight that hamill would just finish it already, then the 3rd round came and it was still a 10-9 round for hamill. 30-27 hamill...hahaha 29-28 bisping? what a dam joke why dont they just spit in our faces the vomit their selling

Post #22   9/12/07 9:45:21PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,457-1,410
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by ColdCutCombo

i am freakin sickened by stupidass fans like that, they accually boo you, just because they have a fetish with a mediocre fighter just because hes british like they are. they accually booed matt hamill as hes winning the fight, when i hear people say you can argue this and that about the scoring, no way. you can argue the 3rd round thats it. hamill competely dominated the first 2 rounds, and guess what that means bisping has to get the ko according to the scoring system, but again another great fighter screwed by the judges, i was hoping that whole fight that hamill would just finish it already, then the 3rd round came and it was still a 10-9 round for hamill. 30-27 hamill...hahaha 29-28 bisping? what a dam joke why dont they just spit in our faces the vomit their selling

american fans boo too, and there arent 50 british fighters in the ufc, i can appreciate cheering for the homer and booing the guy hes fighting no matter where hes from.......i get more pissed about booing fter the fight has only been on the ground for 5 seconds.

Post #23   9/12/07 9:59:36PM   

ultimatefighter33

MMA Regular

ultimatefighter33 Avatar

Career:61-41
Chips:
like i said hamill will knock bisping down to 185 u can bet that he i pissed at getting robbed of that win when he knew and all around the world and even bisping himself that hamill won that fight plus bisping should move down to 185 i mean who has he beat no one good everyone seen how he does when he is tested he got his ass kicked and what do u think will happen when he does get put against some of the toughest lightheavyweights like chuck ,shogun,wandy,houston,nakamura,rampage, i dont think he could beat any 1 of those guys so that fight with hamill proved that he belongs in the middleweight division but plz dana white let houston fight him then everyone will see what i mean

Post #24   9/13/07 3:10:11AM   

ColdCutCombo

Banned

Career:39-26
Chips:
in the rematch...hamill by ko in the 1st or 2nd

Post #25   9/13/07 5:17:27AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
There is nothing that suggests he even has the power to KO Bisping.

Post #26   9/13/07 10:45:20AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2