Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Undisputed Champ; Bisping Wins a Controversial Split Decision

Print  
Who won Hamill Vs Bisping in your opinion
Matt Hamill 84 88%
Michael Bisping 9 9%
It was a draw 2 2%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
Newly minted UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson (28-6 MMA, 3-0 UFC) made his first successful title defense, finishing strong in a five-round championship bout with PRIDE titleholder Dan Henderson (22-6 MMA, 2-1 UFC). The performance earned the charismatic “Rampage” a unanimous-decision victory — and the title of the world’s undisputed champion — at yesterday’s UFC 75 event in London, England

In what may be remembered as one of the year’s most controversial fights, “The Ultimate Fighter 3” winner Michael Bisping (14-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) won a split decision over former castmate and bitter rival Matt Hamill (3-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC

Click Here For Full Article

Post #1   9/9/07 11:39:28PM   

Lethal

MMA Regular

Lethal Avatar

Career:165-104
Camp: Team Mafia
Chips:
Hamill won that fight hands down. Bisping got a wrestling and boxing lesson 101. Bisping did gain some momentum for the final round, but Hamill still dominated.

Post #2   9/10/07 12:08:08AM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:

Hamill won that fight hands down. Bisping got a wrestling and boxing lesson 101. Bisping did gain some momentum for the final round, but Hamill still dominated.
my friend that i was watching it with got that lil feeling in his gut that if it went to a decision, that it would go to bisping. and well he was right.

Post #3   9/10/07 12:17:02AM   

crazedfan

MMA Regular

crazedfan Avatar

Career:2,518-1,375
Camp: BE Civil War
Chips:
This was easily the worst decision in recent memory. Hamill won, not even close.

Post #4   9/10/07 12:20:57AM   

Btews22

MMA Regular

Btews22 Avatar

Career:190-116
Camp: Oregon Top Team
Chips:
What a ****** up call that was, I was waiting for Vince McMahan to storm out and smash Dana over the head with a chair!!! What fight were these judges watching Hammil clearly won two rounds and you could make an argument that he one the third as well....... the UFC wants to push a certain guy to look like the babyface(Bisbing) and then have the crowd and the rest of the world think this heal (Hammil) come out to borne in the USA . after that fight who was the heal bisbing knows he did not win that fight and his comments after that fight were something I would expect from HHH!..... Hammil is the man and what a great fighter to do all that he does with his handicap WAR THE HAMMER!!!!

Post #5   9/10/07 12:30:51AM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
occasionally you'll see a ref be reluctant to stop a fight, or stop one too quickly in the interest of one of the fighters.. whether or not this is planned out or a bad judgement call by the refs is one thing.. but to watch a fight which when broken down shows clear domination of 2 if not 3 rounds by one fighter, and watch the judges award a win to the 'home town hero', ridiculous. My understanding of it is that judges are appointed by a 3rd party, and the ufc has no control over who judges the bouts. So to blame dana white, or the ufc for this makes no sense, but dana white and the ufc need to remedy the situation. First, Dana needs to make an public statement letting fans know how the judging system works, and how that fight was scored in bispings favour. If that cant be done in a way that makes any form of sense, then he needs to let people know that he himself doesnt understand the decision and that hamill was as gracious in defeat as bisping was arrogant. To truly restore the credibility of the ufc, he needs to launch an investigation into this decision, showing that the ufc sincerely believes that the best fighter should win the fight. If decisions can be fixed and remedied in the olympics, then they can in the ufc as well. British fans will understand an overturned decision if its the right one, the british market will not suffer as much as the entire fan base will if this situation is not dealt with properly

Post #6   9/10/07 12:46:37AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Chips:
yeah i dont think its the ufc or dana whites fault

its not the first decision people didnt like

i was going for bisping to win by tko in round 2, and after seeing what matt hamill did i was willing to accept the loss

no matter what there will be some people who think bisping won and im not gonna flame them for their opinion.

i do think some people that saw the decision before they saw the fight had a mind set of bisping winning from the get go though, but that is just personal opinion

Post #7   9/10/07 1:02:45AM   

guccimane

Banned

Career:22-15
Chips:
im gonna get burned but i thought it was a draw...i thought bisping won the last round, and the 2nd round was even imo

Post #8   9/10/07 1:03:24AM   

luckyMiddlebrook

Learning to Sprawl

Career:113-74
Chips:
You could see how surprised Bisbing's family was when he was announced the winner. Like they won the lottery. Hamill was a class act in defeat and Bisbing will soon get his...

Post #9   9/10/07 1:27:00AM   

guccimane

Banned

Chips:

Posted by luckyMiddlebrook

You could see how surprised Bisbing's family was when he was announced the winner. Like they won the lottery. Hamill was a class act in defeat and Bisbing will soon get his...

Yeah Bisping wasn't very humble after the win, then again neither was Cheick Kongo. At least Kongo clearly won 2 rounds, although I thought he should've been penalized for the low blows (Big John warned him, later on he did it, three times, including as Big John already started seperating them LOL)

Bisping will be good at 185

Post #10   9/10/07 1:30:41AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Chips:
yeah at least kongo dominated mirko in two of the rounds

even though from what i hear he fought those two rounds with a broken rib

Post #11   9/10/07 2:02:42AM   

guccimane

Banned

Chips:
yeah he did

Post #12   9/10/07 2:29:05AM   

iamqban

Learning to Sprawl

iamqban Avatar

Career:315-239
Camp: FIGHTQBAN
Chips:
Matt "the hammer"Hamill won that fight..........no questions asked!That was a piece of shit decision.....then again,let us not forget that he was fightin' on Bisping home!

Post #13   9/10/07 2:51:12AM   

MMAnomale

MMA Regular

MMAnomale Avatar

Career:155-77
Chips:
Hamill won......!! I don't care what anyone says. They need to change how bouts are scored or something, because Hamill got screwed.
Part of me thinks they want to build their TUF guy up, blah blah blah. I don't know but that was a rip off........I'm glad Hamill was deaf so he couldn't hear Bruce announce the ridiculous decision.

Post #14   9/10/07 10:33:18AM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
biggest screw job in ufc history

Post #15   9/10/07 10:38:53AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2