Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

cro-cop at 205?

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
CC has too much pride to cut down to lhw....I dont wanna see him at 205. He has all the skill and talent to beat any heavyweight, no matter the size. He just needs to find his eye of the tiger.

Post #31   9/12/07 12:21:46AM   

d_block07

MMA Regular

d_block07 Avatar

Career:150-70
Camp: Team Punishment 2007
Chips:
i agree tito would beat cro cop, his style is very effective against cro cop, all tito needs to do to become dominant again is to set up his fu**ing takedowns with some fu**king combos and stop shooting in from the outside. and even if counterstrikers give tito trouble, crop cop is by no means a counter striker he is a bully and he stalks his opponent and backs them down he dosent back up and throw counters he does very badly when he is being stalked as demonstrated by kongo, if tito stepped up and fired a decent combo and either clinched or went for the dobule and just sat in mirkos guard and unleashed those elbows that mirko cant handle i see it being a very good fight for tito. best case scenario of course

Post #32   9/12/07 12:24:12AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
lol You do realize your statment proves you don't know what your talking about right? Theres been three fights in Mirko's career that he's been backed up and lost, on he had broken ribs, the other was Fedor, and the third? Mark hunt in which he may or may not have had broken feet. Ask bob sapp if Mirko's counters aren't effective.

Post #33   9/12/07 12:45:31AM   

sakurabaforever

I'm banned and have no life

Career:34-16
Chips:
cmill...it's impossible to talk sense into these guys if they actually think a LHW who can't finish (or even convincingly decision) B-level fighters will have any chance in hell at beating a striker with 10x the ability, speed, power, and explosiveness of Chuck Liddell not to even mention size.

They're just blind Tito fans who can't get over that he forget how to fight. I mean CC has looked like crap so far in the UFC, but at least he fought. What the hell was Tito doing against Rashad?

Post #34   9/12/07 12:58:23AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by sakurabaforever

cmill...it's impossible to talk sense into these guys if they actually think a LHW who can't finish (or even convincingly decision) B-level fighters will have any chance in hell at beating a striker with 10x the ability, speed, power, and explosiveness of Chuck Liddell not to even mention size.

They're just blind Tito fans who can't get over that he forget how to fight. I mean CC has looked like crap so far in the UFC, but at least he fought. What the hell was Tito doing against Rashad?

Imagin tito's reaction if he was ever kneed in the groin as many times as Mirko was, it'd look alot like what Yvel did after wand kicked him....

3 nut shots enclosed

Theres 3 in there, they also talk about the knees in the first round that resulted in a warning in between rounds for kongo, now why the hell were there no points taken, I didn't even notice the first knee in this sequence, that makes 5 knees in total, I don't give a shit who you are you should respect Mirko for taking 5 nut shots, a broken rib, and finishing the fight.

Last edited 9/12/07 1:25AM server time by cmill21
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #35   9/12/07 1:07:05AM   

thepunisher

In Full Mount

thepunisher Avatar

Career:338-213
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
Here is what i am thinking CC needs.....

Justin Ellers just throwing that one out there

Post #36   9/12/07 7:29:18AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Imagin tito's reaction if he was ever kneed in the groin as many times as Mirko was, it'd look alot like what Yvel did after wand kicked him....

3 nut shots enclosed

Theres 3 in there, they also talk about the knees in the first round that resulted in a warning in between rounds for kongo, now why the hell were there no points taken, I didn't even notice the first knee in this sequence, that makes 5 knees in total, I don't give a shit who you are you should respect Mirko for taking 5 nut shots, a broken rib, and finishing the fight.

Yes, we're the ones that are blind because Tito's the one who has lost twice in a row right? What's funny is that all these people --probably you included-- were talking about how good Rashad was, and how he was going to dominate Tito in every aspect of the fight. They talked about how he was the future of the division and how his striking was so far superior to Titos. Tito won that fight and earned himself a draw by grabbing onto a fence. Mirko has lost both of his last 2 fights and not just by flukes, he was completely dismantled by GG and then convincingly beaten by Kongo. Neither fighter showed much aptitude until their fight with Filipovic. Is it that they all of a sudden got good or was it that Filipovic was really never as great as people made him out to be?

Mirko himself said he was only kneed twice in a post fight interview. So obviously all the analysis in the world isn't going to prove he was kneed 3 or 4 or 5 times if the man himself says it was twice. GET OVER IT MIRKO IS ON HIS WAY DOWN.

Post #37   9/12/07 11:20:34AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
nubby there were 5, i have it DVRed and have watched it a few times, i think he meant there were 2 that caught him in a row, with a third one grazing as the ref stepped in. i dont know that GG and kongo got better, but i do think that they had the biggest fights of their careers against CC and did everything in their power to have agood showing and make it the best fight they could. on the other hand CC was fighting lesser opponents than he had in awhile, sans sanchez, and probably thought he could coast through them. granted CC did bring in an all star team for the kongo fight and got a cage, so he obviously took it seriously, but maybe not as seriously as he would say he was fighting fedor or nog where he would have to fight up to their level rather than an opponent fighting up to his.

Post #38   9/12/07 11:31:52AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:
From another site:
http://dnevnik.hr/naslovnica/vijesti...5160_69649.php

"What can I say, I'm very dissapointed. I broke a rib already in the first round, so I was breathing heavily, I also got two knees in the groin, which hurt my stamina. I feel bad, I fought bad, maybe I'm getting older, he tried to make a joke. I'm sorry, I'must go, my rib hurts. Journalist asked him if he thinks to continue his career after this defeat, he said: We'll see. Thanks to everyone who supported me."

It's not in english so good luck in translating. You can't just intepret what he's saying to benefit your argument. He stated he was kneed twice, not twice in a row, not twice in one round, but twice. I went over those kneed nuts shots a dozen times now and I can only count twice where his balls were definitively hit. all the other times the knee went near it or above it or to the leg.

Post #39   9/12/07 11:44:51AM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:
Who knows who'd win out of Tito and CC, I dont think that this thread is about That, and to be honest I can think of tons of other fights I'd rather see than Tito & CC. I think CC's legs each weigh 100lbs so I dont see 205 being the best option for him. I cant wait to see whats next for him! Win Lose or Draw, I'll buy the ticket!

Post #40   9/12/07 12:37:24PM   

sakurabaforever

Chips:

Posted by nubby

Yes, we're the ones that are blind because Tito's the one who has lost twice in a row right? What's funny is that all these people --probably you included-- were talking about how good Rashad was, and how he was going to dominate Tito in every aspect of the fight. They talked about how he was the future of the division and how his striking was so far superior to Titos. Tito won that fight and earned himself a draw by grabbing onto a fence. Mirko has lost both of his last 2 fights and not just by flukes, he was completely dismantled by GG and then convincingly beaten by Kongo. Neither fighter showed much aptitude until their fight with Filipovic. Is it that they all of a sudden got good or was it that Filipovic was really never as great as people made him out to be?

Mirko himself said he was only kneed twice in a post fight interview. So obviously all the analysis in the world isn't going to prove he was kneed 3 or 4 or 5 times if the man himself says it was twice. GET OVER IT MIRKO IS ON HIS WAY DOWN.

Mirko has too much pride to win by BS decision. If Tito was in there with Kongo he would have quit after the groin strike, it being a NC (if he didn't get KTFO earlier). And are you blind? Doesn't matter what CC said, you can see plain as day there were more then 2 knee strikes in the groin. I think CC meant 2 hurt him really bad and seriously impaired his performance. If Mirko said there were no groin strikes at all, would that be correct? No...you have to use your own brain sometimes (looks like this may be hard for you based on these posts).

And you forgot one other possibility, which is the reality - Mirko in the UFC is 10-25% of Mirko in Pride. The fact that Kongo couldn't finish a broken down man (ribs, groin) who came to cash a paycheck shows how poor of a fighter he is.

And why are we even talking about this matchup, Tito is done (CC may be too, if he doesn't find the will to fight, but he still has an amazing skill set, Tito doesn't). And Tito would never take a fight with CC either, he knows that would be the end of his career.

Post #41   9/12/07 1:26:29PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nubby

Mirko has too much pride to win by BS decision. If Tito was in there with Kongo he would have quit after the groin strike, it being a NC (if he didn't get KTFO earlier). And are you blind? Doesn't matter what CC said, you can see plain as day there were more then 2 knee strikes in the groin. I think CC meant 2 hurt him really bad and seriously impaired his performance. If Mirko said there were no groin strikes at all, would that be correct? No...you have to use your own brain sometimes (looks like this may be hard for you based on these posts).

And you forgot one other possibility, which is the reality - Mirko in the UFC is 10-25% of Mirko in Pride. The fact that Kongo couldn't finish a broken down man (ribs, groin) who came to cash a paycheck shows how poor of a fighter he is.

And why are we even talking about this matchup, Tito is done (CC may be too, if he doesn't find the will to fight, but he still has an amazing skill set, Tito doesn't). And Tito would never take a fight with CC either, he knows that would be the end of his career.

I love it. I friggin love it. You are assigning percentages to Filipovics ability compared to when he was in pride.

Didn't he just win the open weight grandprix last september? How far we fall in just a year. There must be something wrong with him, he would never lose to these UFC no talent ass clowns.

Post #42   9/12/07 1:47:35PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
My god man, give it up. Tito has never ever lost two in a row? Yep pretty sure he has, tito has a record or 15-5 over 10 years of pro fighting. Mirko's 38-13 over 11 years of pro fighting. So Mirko has 18 more wins then tito has fights...Mirko has fought a ton of fights in his life(all in a ring) and then switched over to an octagon(trained in it for a grand total of 5 weeks) and your talking like it's no big deal to do this. I'm just disgusted with your lack of respect towards pride and the accomplishments all the fighters in that org made.

Post #43   9/12/07 6:51:09PM   

sakurabaforever

Chips:

Posted by nubby

I love it. I friggin love it. You are assigning percentages to Filipovics ability compared to when he was in pride.

Didn't he just win the open weight grandprix last september? How far we fall in just a year. There must be something wrong with him, he would never lose to these UFC no talent ass clowns.

Finally you are making sense. Obviously there is something wrong with him, have you actually seen the OWGP!? If you did then you would see those percentages are about right.

Cmill, stop wasting your time (I know I should too). You are way too intelligent and knowledgeable poster to be responding to this gibberish. I think he is just messing with us, no way he could actually believe what he is posting.

Post #44   9/12/07 7:15:49PM   

StriderXero

Standup Guy

StriderXero Avatar

Career:88-80
Chips:
I love cro cop. Watching that guy fight in pride was a work of art. I think there's just something wrong with him mentally. His mind didn't seem to be as concentrated as his other fights in Pride. I just hope the guy picks himself up. If he's on his A-game I still see him knocking out heads.

Post #45   9/12/07 7:41:00PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4