Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

cro-cop at 205?

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
come on guys, dont start hating on CC. He was injured. 95% of the people on mma sights believe BJ Penn is still a better fighter than Hughes even though BJ lost due to the broken rib. Mirko dominated the first round which is when he broke his rib. He isnt burnt out and he is still the same Mirko. He is going to come back and win his next three fights...

Post #16   9/11/07 4:36:41PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Tito would own CC.

wow nubby i have never agreed with anything you have said. tito would not own cro-cop or any other top fighter. he couldnt own forrest or evans cmon cant we keep the discussion serious

Post #17   9/11/07 5:02:12PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Tito would own CC.

Titos only way to take people down is by the sinlge/double leg.....which CC is known for sprawling out of very well.

We all know how Tito does against powerful counter punchers....he gets pressed against the cage and gets his face turned into minced meat...

Tito has no way to win....

Post #18   9/11/07 5:09:20PM   

Lancerz

Learning to Sprawl

Career:80-44
Camp: For The Win
Chips:
he doesnt need to cut weight. he needs to learn the techniques essencial to ufc success that were not neccessary in pride, i.e. grappling and dirty boxing. the cage is much different than the ring. mirko is pretty slow to understand that.

Post #19   9/11/07 6:26:57PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by jocksmall

Posted by nubby

Tito would own CC.

wow nubby i have never agreed with anything you have said. tito would not own cro-cop or any other top fighter. he couldnt own forrest or evans cmon cant we keep the discussion serious

1st of all Crocop has shown no ability to sprawl in the cage. It's definitely not as roomy as the ring and he has shown severe holes in his game like throwing sloppy leg kicks to the body. As soon has he throws a leg kick Tito would shoot in and take his ass down.

I disagree with you on the Forrest point and I agree with you about Rashad, but how the hell do you dominate someone that won't engage with you?

Post #20   9/11/07 6:29:57PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by nubby

Tito would own CC.

Titos only way to take people down is by the sinlge/double leg.....which CC is known for sprawling out of very well.

We all know how Tito does against powerful counter punchers....he gets pressed against the cage and gets his face turned into minced meat...

Tito does quite well in the clinch and obviously Mirko doesn't. All it would take is a few knees and Mirko would spend the rest of the fight gasping for air.

Post #21   9/11/07 6:33:05PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by nubby

Tito would own CC.

Tito does quite well in the clinch and obviously Mirko doesn't. All it would take is a few knees and Mirko would spend the rest of the fight gasping for air.

My god! The cage is bigger then the ring. Mirko's had really no oppertunities to sprawl so i dunno wtf your talking about. If your going to make rediculous comments like this I seriously question your knowledge of anything mma related.

Post #22   9/11/07 6:54:33PM   

hook_tothe_body

Standup Guy

hook_tothe_body Avatar

Career:415-290
Camp: 368
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

My god! The cage is bigger then the ring. Mirko's had really no oppertunities to sprawl so i dunno wtf your talking about. If your going to make rediculous comments like this I seriously question your knowledge of anything mma related.

A cage is bigger than a ring, but a ring is a lot better for a striker. It's a lot easier to hold a guy in the clinch against a fence than it is against ropes. Also guys can try to "drive through" their opponent with a takedown without fear of falling through ropes.

Post #23   9/11/07 7:43:39PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by nubby

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by nubby

Tito would own CC.

Oh I know. But I have to fight fire with fire.

Post #24   9/11/07 7:47:35PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hook_tothe_body

Posted by cmill21

A cage is bigger than a ring, but a ring is a lot better for a striker. It's a lot easier to hold a guy in the clinch against a fence than it is against ropes. Also guys can try to "drive through" their opponent with a takedown without fear of falling through ropes.

How can you say that for sure? Look at chuck, does very well in the cage and got pumped in the ring. Now I think that there a huge differences for Mirko coming to the cage, he's been fighting in the ring his whole life, and his last fight he ended up having a broken(dislocated rib) which is pretty damn painful, and I think he looked very good in the first. I don't know how the fight would have gone but you never know, and kongo obviously coulden't finish a man with a broken rib and a few nut shots. Tito is the type of fighter that gives Mirko problems, but then again tito has trouble against counter strikers. For me this one comes down to how Mirko is adapting to the cage, if he's finding his range and all that we know who would win. If he's tentitive and gets stuck against the cage, again we know who would win. For me right now, Mirko's career hinges on time off. If he takes it he'll be back and do very well, if he fights in three months he'll have trouble again. As for Mirko dropping it WILL NOT happen, I know this for a fact unless Dana orders him to drop so this topic can be closed for now.

Post #25   9/11/07 8:05:16PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by hook_tothe_body

Posted by cmill21

How can you say that for sure? Look at chuck, does very well in the cage and got pumped in the ring. Now I think that there a huge differences for Mirko coming to the cage, he's been fighting in the ring his whole life, and his last fight he ended up having a broken(dislocated rib) which is pretty damn painful, and I think he looked very good in the first. I don't know how the fight would have gone but you never know, and kongo obviously coulden't finish a man with a broken rib and a few nut shots. Tito is the type of fighter that gives Mirko problems, but then again tito has trouble against counter strikers. For me this one comes down to how Mirko is adapting to the cage, if he's finding his range and all that we know who would win. If he's tentitive and gets stuck against the cage, again we know who would win. For me right now, Mirko's career hinges on time off. If he takes it he'll be back and do very well, if he fights in three months he'll have trouble again. As for Mirko dropping it WILL NOT happen, I know this for a fact unless Dana orders him to drop so this topic can be closed for now.

I don't think you can really say that counter strikers give Tito problems, you can say one counter striker gave tito problems and that guy has given a lot of people problems like Jeremy Horn, who isn't exactly known for having problems agaisnt counter strikers. Tito's real problem is effective striking. No matter what anyone says, Tito has a pretty damn strong chin, his take down ability is pretty good, even if he only took down Chuck once, thats more than a lot of other fighters can say. Hell even Couture could only bring down chuck in their first bout. Anyway, I stand by my belief that if CC got in the ring with Tito at 205, he would lose. Tito would only need to get one take down and then CC would be Dizzy for the remainder of the fight.

Post #26   9/11/07 8:30:01PM   

ColdCutCombo

Banned

Career:39-26
Chips:
cro cop is still da shit, keep remembering this is mma and nobody stays on top forever

Post #27   9/11/07 8:57:04PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
tito isnt a player in any title picture he is a guy that is good at hyping a fight but cant preform anymore at a high level. the sport has passed tito up. he is still a good fighter and used to be a great. if he is your favorite thats fine but nobody other than you (nubby) believes he would dominate cro-cop. this doesnt have to always be an argument where you have to support your point even when it is lacking logic.

Post #28   9/11/07 10:18:00PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jocksmall

tito isnt a player in any title picture he is a guy that is good at hyping a fight but cant preform anymore at a high level. the sport has passed tito up. he is still a good fighter and used to be a great. if he is your favorite thats fine but nobody other than you (nubby) believes he would dominate cro-cop. this doesnt have to always be an argument where you have to support your point even when it is lacking logic.

I believe what I believe, don't get all butt hurt just because CC is sucking ass right now.

Post #29   9/11/07 11:04:00PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by jocksmall

I believe what I believe, don't get all butt hurt just because CC is sucking ass right now.

Tito's not? Woooo ZING!

Post #30   9/11/07 11:51:14PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4