Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Whoes next for Alexander?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
What a performance Alexander put on saturday, he is a killer, there are a few questions that come to mind, is he a top 10 LHW? Can any match is power in LHW division? Who's Next for him?, IMO I think that is next fight should be against Stephan Bonnar or possibly Bisping(if he doesn't drop to 185lbs), or maybe even Matt hamill would be a good fight. But man can Alexander ever strike.

Post #1   9/9/07 5:09:04PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I mean I want to see him fight Rampage. if rampage wasnt the champion. Would be a good brawl.

But realalistically how about the winner of Wilson Gouvia/Jason Lambert.

Post #2   9/9/07 5:39:43PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
Hammil would be a sweet fight.

Won't happen, but I want to see Alexander vs Soko!

Post #3   9/9/07 5:41:20PM   

ocho-cinco

In Full Mount

ocho-cinco Avatar

Career:994-597
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:

Posted by Taylor8766

What a performance Alexander put on saturday, he is a killer, there are a few questions that come to mind, is he a top 10 LHW? Can any match is power in LHW division? Who's Next for him?, IMO I think that is next fight should be against Stephan Bonnar or possibly Bisping(if he doesn't drop to 185lbs), or maybe even Matt hamill would be a good fight. But man can Alexander ever strike.

I think Bonnar would be a big step back for him, Bisping makes sense though. I think there would be another 1st Rd KO for Alexander. This guy looks really good and there are a bunch of fights out there for him the UFC can ponder over. I'd like to see if Forest can handle him, if he survies Shogun that is. Liddell or Wanderlei come to mind as well for possible fights. Mabey he fights Wanderlei, and the winner gets Liddell/Jardine. That is if the UFC wants to fast track this guy. I think a fight with Bisping makes the most sense though. If he wins that, then they can give him a top 5 guy. If Bisping wins, then he gets a bit of creadability back after a poor split decision over a much more deserving Hamill.

Post #4   9/9/07 6:25:05PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,670-1,435
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Give him someone like Thiago Silva who like Alexander has win both of his fights in impressive fassion

Post #5   9/9/07 7:41:45PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,356-1,302
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
FEED HIM TITO !!! Or if you don't like that... Rashad. I think he's ready. But, of course there's no reason to make Tito or Rashad face a "lesser" opponent. So I'll go with Forrest.

Post #6   9/9/07 7:46:01PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-469
Chips:
Im curious to see who Wandy will fight. I have a feeling they might make the matchup between him and Houston. It would be a brawl and a win win situation. If Wandy wins then he's suppose to but if Houston wins he upsets a ranked fighter. Houston might be outmatched but it would be one heck of a fight.

Post #7   9/9/07 7:59:23PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
both silva's would be nice either one. Maybe winner of Gouvia/Lambert. I really want to see Alexander vs Rampage but no title fight. Just want to see the slug fest. Possibly matt hamill, dont know much about houston's ground game or sprawl. Machida? if he wins his next fight. Soko if they brought him into the UFC would be cool.

Post #8   9/9/07 8:34:03PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Exactly what I was thinking. Two up and comers with lots of questions about their futures in the sport

Post #9   9/9/07 9:00:17PM   

JWils

Standup Guy

JWils Avatar

Career:1,467-773
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

That's what I was thinking.... Alexander vs. Soko.

But since Soko isn't in the UFC, I would like to see Alexander get the winner of Machida/Nakamura.

Post #10   9/9/07 9:48:08PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
when lambert wins his next fight he should fight houston

Post #11   9/10/07 2:23:53PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I think Soko vs. Alexander would be an excellent match up.

I'd like to see Alexander fight Rashad Evans to be honest. Alexander likes to come out of the gates and push the fight to an early finish whereas Rashad Evans has been sliding by on his ability to make the fight go the distance. Rashad's also got some good wrestling takedowns (although it seems he rarely likes the fight to go to the ground) so we might get a taste of Alexander's takedown defense/lack thereof. It's not necessarily like throwing him to the wolves by giving him a skilled BJJ guy, but it'll give him a good chance to develop his game better by incorporating a takedown guy in the mix.

For Rashad it'll help him by facing him up against a guy who's going to push the pace from the beginning and it will put him in a position where he either has to finish the fight by banging with the guy, or he can let Alexander finish the fight for him.

The only problem I see is the coordinators of all of this putting Rashad on a higher level than Alexander, even though I feel like Alexander could probably take Rashad.

Post #12   9/10/07 2:41:57PM   

AmericanFighterAce

Banned

Career:990-702
Camp: Pure Adrenaline Radio
Chips:

Who should he fight? That is a tough question alot of good matchups out there.

I think Lyoto Machida will take him down and we will see what kind of ground game Houston has.

I would like to see David Terrell vs. Houston Alexander. David Terrell has been rumored to be signing a UFC Contract for quite some time now, and he will be fighting at 205.

That would be a fun match to watch.

David Heath, could he be a next match-up for Houston Alexander? Heath is looking to rebound from his lost against Babalu.

I dont see them giving Houston, a Rashad/Tito/Chuck/Shogun/Wanderlei/Forrest anytime soon.

Even though I would like to see Houston fight Forrest.

Stephan Bonnar/Eric Shafer will probably end up fighting Houston.

Last edited 9/10/07 11:26PM server time by AmericanFighterAce
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   9/10/07 6:00:19PM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Career:349-212
Camp: Soulless Ones
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I mean I want to see him fight Rampage. if rampage wasnt the champion. Would be a good brawl.

But realalistically how about the winner of Wilson Gouvia/Jason Lambert.

but realisticaly the Wilson Gouvia/Jason Lambert isn't happening anymore

i think houston should face bonnar next

Post #14   9/10/07 9:11:30PM   

gamez0932

MMA Regular

gamez0932 Avatar

Career:408-303
Chips:
id like to see alexander and chuck, i know it probley wont happen but it'd be interesting to see who wins the striking out of them 2

Post #15   9/10/07 11:12:33PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2