Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

who will Mark Hunt fight ??

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Vera better hope for the sub lol. Hunt is going to be a monster, he can come at you with wreckless abandon because right now it doesn't appear that he will be Ko'd. I'd like to see him and AA, casuals seem to love AA and I think hunt would have his way with him.

Post #16   9/9/07 10:37:12PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
i wanna see hunt fight tim, i think that be a great fight for hunt

Post #17   9/10/07 12:14:38AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,868-1,068
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'd like to see him fight Lesnar if they sign him. If Hunt won, he'd have instant name recognition. If Lesnar won, we'd know he was for real.

Plus... I am not sure either of them can drop to 265

Post #18   9/10/07 1:45:52AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Hunt, if he makes weight and starts in with some matches soon, will dominate the heavyweight division. The man has an iron head, is very hard to control on the ground for a guy with limited grappling experience, he is a K-1 level striker, is large, and seems like he would be perfect for the cage atmosphere.

Post #19   9/10/07 3:22:50AM   

Sheddy

MMA Regular

Sheddy Avatar

Career:95-42
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

I think they will build him up before giving him Mir or Kongo. Casual UFC fans have a hard enough time keeping up with guys like Rampage, Cro Cop, Fedor, Nogueira etc, they won't know who Hunt is, since he wasn't a huge name in Pride like the current UFC signings, and most casual UFC fans don't know much, if anything, about K-1, since K-1 is a totally different sport, and is also unpopular and hard to view in the US, where the bulk of UFC fans are.

Gotta say Hunt was a very popular guy here in Japan.
But like you say, this was because of his K-1 background. Same with Mirko.

UFC will definitely have to build him up. I think once the casual fans know he likes to stand and bang, and has a concrete chin, then he'll soon be popular.

Post #20   9/10/07 9:11:56AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,475-856
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I want to see him fight Barnett----------------ooohps.

I forgot,Barnett isn't in the UFC.

If Cabbage was still in the UFC I would love to see Hunt battle it out with him,but I would be fine seeing Hunt take on Gonzaga.I think that would be a great fight.

Post #21   9/10/07 10:10:34AM   

loganakers

Learning to Sprawl

loganakers Avatar

Career:27-8
Camp: team hate
Chips:
the ufc will make him look like the fat[fatter] liddel before giving him a real fight

Post #22   9/10/07 3:47:45PM   

Unkoman

MMA Regular

Unkoman Avatar

Career:578-339
Chips:
I think Sylvia is the logical fight. 2 bangers with dynamite in their hands. And I really think Dana wants sylvia gone as he draws no fans except a slight bit of his familly.

Post #23   9/10/07 4:09:26PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
I know he deserves top competition but I'll say let him fight a nobody first.

Post #24   9/11/07 1:06:00PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I think the only person who is going to have a hard time with Hunt is Eddie Sanchez.

Post #25   9/11/07 1:17:19PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
ncordless....you are exactly right. The second I saw this topic that is what I was going to say. I think it would be perfect for UFC if they set that up. This way everyone knows Lesnar so they will tune in to see him "dominate" like many would think since people are generally in the dark about Hunt.

Then Hunt would come out and turn off Lesnars lights in the first round and people would instantly see Hunt as a badass. This way UFC could make a statement saying they can get the best fighters and that they are superior to WWE in every way by letting one of their own murder a former WWE guy.

Post #26   9/11/07 1:24:43PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,475-856
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

ncordless....you are exactly right. The second I saw this topic that is what I was going to say. I think it would be perfect for UFC if they set that up. This way everyone knows Lesnar so they will tune in to see him "dominate" like many would think since people are generally in the dark about Hunt.

Then Hunt would come out and turn off Lesnars lights in the first round and people would instantly see Hunt as a badass. This way UFC could make a statement saying they can get the best fighters and that they are superior to WWE in every way by letting one of their own murder a former WWE guy.

While I would love to see this fight,if the UFC wanted to promote Hunt in a big way,I don't realy see this as his first fight.Especialy if it's Lesnars first UFC fight as well.Placing Hunt against a guy like Broc might spell disaster for him.I'm not saying Lesnar would deystroy Hunt,but Hunt isn't well known for his ground game either.If Lesnar could keep from getting tagged with too many big punches and effectivly apply some ground and pound to Hunt,it could end up being a huge upset to MMA fans.

However,this is all in theory.I don't think we've seen enough of Lesnar to realy judge him.I highly doubt though we'll be seeing him in the top ten anytime soon.

Post #27   9/11/07 3:01:31PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by cmill21

I think he should fight kongo. That would be a fun match up, hunt would acctually fight him, and hunts impossible to KO. Show the TUF fan boys that Pride did have better heavies

Hunt will get CC first, hunt will be the man who has a chance to retire him. If CC looses again, as much as i like CC, i think he'll hand his gloves up. I really want to see him go back to k1, and end his career there as a champion.

Be great to see the likes of CC, GG, Tim silvia and kongo fight hunt !!!!!!
.... I see hunt working hyis way up the ranks for a title shot within 3 fights.

wow me too but that is a hard task(champ of k-1

Last edited 9/11/07 5:30PM server time by jocksmall
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #28   9/11/07 5:28:38PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Hunt vs. Lesnar would rock, but I agree that it's something we should expect later rather than sooner.

Post #29   9/11/07 5:33:06PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I'd like to see him fight either Heith Herring (after he's done resting), Brock Lesnar, Tim Sylvia (would be a good fight, but it won't draw a crowd), or CroCop. The only one of these I actually see happening is Heith Herring. I think the others are too "big" of names in the UFC. Which is a shame because Mark Hunt is a monster, and i see him as a top five heavyweight in UFC. It'll be interesting, he's a fun guy to watch fight.

Post #30   9/12/07 1:23:35PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3