Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cote, Cote,Cote, Cote...............Hey!

Print  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
WAR COTE! Thats Right he is making his ass whooping comeback. For any haters .............................. nobody cares about you. We onyl love COTE!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #1   2/4/07 10:06:01AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:
TTT

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #2   2/4/07 11:02:38AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I respect Cote, and I'm glad for his win. I would love to see him and Leben trade blows again. Cote has got a chin of steal too.

Last edited 2/4/07 11:06AM server time by aceprone
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   2/4/07 11:06:21AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aceprone

I respect Cote, and I'm glad for his win. I would love to see him and Leben trade blows again. Cote has got a chin of steal too.

Not to mention Balls of Steel has you can see in my first Post where his is in the process of Rocking Tito with a Huge punch.

Post #4   2/4/07 11:13:39AM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I'm happy for the guy. I picked Smith in a big way and I really thought if Smith won this fight he would be in line for a match with a guy line Franklin or The Crow and really be able to jumpstart his way to a title shot.

But I'm glad Cote won cause he is a great fighter and just never seemed to pull out a win. However, neither one of those guys seemed prepared for the fight at all. They were both timid and not striking like they usually do, I'm not sure what caused them to be as timid as they were but I think neither of them really looked to win that fight for some reason.

Post #5   2/4/07 11:34:53AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:
The Crow isnt with theUFC anymore he signed with Showtime i believe.

Post #6   2/4/07 11:40:53AM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Career:397-201
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

The Crow isnt with theUFC anymore he signed with Showtime i believe.

What a shame.....

I really hope he does good in on that Feburary 10 event he is fighting at. The guy he is fighting has quite the record though.

Post #7   2/4/07 12:31:41PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
the crow did sign with showtime, but if he does well you know he'll be back...he is well liked in the UFC by the look of things.

Cote was not impressive, but was thinking about it and maybe he knew his striking was better, and knew he could win on points and just wanted to finally get that W under his belt. His fights have always been wars and great shows (except the very quick loss to lutter) but hes always come out on the bottom......maybe he just wanted to play it safe and put the win up first.

WAR Cote!

Post #8   2/4/07 1:12:17PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
He let me down big time. I thought he was one of those fighters who actually likes to put it on the line and tries to finish a fight but he never capitalized on his opportunities.

He looked like he intentionally went for a decision win.

Post #9   2/4/07 3:03:00PM   

thelastking

MMA Regular

thelastking Avatar

Career:1,922-1,180
Chips:
Cote needed a win in the UFC and got it. IMO the fight was entertaining
WAR COTE

Post #10   2/4/07 4:27:56PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

He let me down big time. I thought he was one of those fighters who actually likes to put it on the line and tries to finish a fight but he never capitalized on his opportunities.

Agreed. He had Smith in trouble big time at least three times, and went for the clinch, rather than bang it out. It was an ok fight, but some effort would have went a long way towards making it better.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #11   2/4/07 6:20:54PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Stickan

Agreed. He had Smith in trouble big time at least three times, and went for the clinch, rather than bang it out. It was an ok fight, but some effort would have went a long way towards making it better.

I think he has the Rashad syndrome now. He is able to dominate fights but just can't finish them. I think we will soon See him KO or sub someone (pretty eqaul chance of both)

Post #12   2/4/07 9:23:42PM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Stickan

I think he has the Rashad syndrome now. He is able to dominate fights but just can't finish them. I think we will soon See him KO or sub someone (pretty eqaul chance of both)

Maybe he just bet on himself to win by decision? And had to make sure that happened?

Post #13   2/5/07 1:45:12AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,941-1,101
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Stickan

Your points are valid. I agree, but I also think he had that Sell KO in the back of his mind when he didn't go for the finish. He ran in and changed his mind to engage. He should have kicked( just like Sell should have) and he still would have had the distance to avoid the right hand IMO.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #14   2/5/07 4:24:57AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:
QUOTE]
Maybe he just bet on himself to win by decision? And had to make sure that happened?

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahh thats a good one.

Post #15   2/5/07 9:41:49AM