Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fight breakdown: Quinton Jackson vs. Dan Henderson

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
The first-ever Pride-UFC light heavyweight championship unification bout will be held Saturday at the O2 Arena when Dan Henderson takes on Quinton “Rampage” Jackson. Here is what each man must do to win:

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   9/8/07 8:52:26AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
imo i see rampage winning tonight

go get him rampage i got money on you

Post #2   9/8/07 12:59:21PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
ok.. absolutely no effence to be givien to the poster but
you have jackson's chin as better than hendo's
and jackson having more power in his hands
also has him as a better wrestler

that has to be a joke
hendo was an olympic wrestler (jackson is not close to that)
hendo isnt as good of a boxer jackson but coulnt ko wandy , but hendo did (almost did it when he was in their first fight).. and jackson ko a couple times by wandy .. but not hendo... not even close either time
those are three cataghories that you have miss read.

also.. improved striking;as shown in liddel fight?
no way
liddell hasnt been fighting that caliber of fighters these two have.. its doesnt suprise me at all that this happened..
chuck is a good fighter but he'll be better now that he lost... but his stand up is all defensive... with a terrible stance. of course jackson ko'd him.
and all that coupled with him knowing he was gonna loose his title.. c'mon.

jackson is not the caliber or wandy, shogun, alistar avereem, jackson, or even hendo in stand up.

i'm mean prejiduce... but c'mon if you've watched fighting long enough.. you know waht i'm saying.

if he fought lil nog, or arona... he'd be taken down and tapped in a heart beat....
with all this being said... i dont know why you'd base an opinion of jackson's standup on his fight wiht liddell..

Last edited 9/8/07 2:22PM server time by metal_mecca43
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   9/8/07 2:18:22PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by metal_mecca43

ok.. absolutely no effence to be givien to the poster but
you have jackson's chin as better than hendo's
and jackson having more power in his hands
also has him as a better wrestler

that has to be a joke
hendo was an olympic wrestler (jackson is not close to that)
hendo isnt as good of a boxer jackson but coulnt ko wandy , but hendo did (almost did it when he was in their first fight).. and jackson ko a couple times by wandy .. but not hendo... not even close either time
those are three cataghories that you have miss read.

also.. improved striking;as shown in liddel fight?
no way
liddell hasnt been fighting that caliber of fighters these two have.. its doesnt suprise me at all that this happened..
chuck is a good fighter but he'll be better now that he lost... but his stand up is all defensive... with a terrible stance. of course jackson ko'd him.
and all that coupled with him knowing he was gonna loose his title.. c'mon.

jackson is not the caliber or wandy, shogun, alistar avereem, jackson, or even hendo in stand up.

i'm mean prejiduce... but c'mon if you've watched fighting long enough.. you know waht i'm saying.

if he fought lil nog, or arona... he'd be taken down and tapped in a heart beat....
with all this being said... i dont know why you'd base an opinion of jackson's standup on his fight wiht liddell..

Jackson did fight Arona and KO'ed him with a slam. MMA math does not work at all. Never has and never will. Liddell KO'ed Overeem, but what does that mean when he's fighting Randy? Nothing at all. Fights are about styles. It's about who matches up with who. Remember, Chuck beat Vitor who destroyed Wandy. Chuck beat Tito twice, while Tito beat Wandy, does that mean Chuck beats Wandy? Nope

I have Jackson winning this fight. I think he's to strong for Hendo. He's aggressive but won't come in wild like Wandy. Wandy choose to stand and bang with Hendo and we all know Hendo has dynomite in his hands.

Jackson should clinch and then use his strength to take Hendo down and just ground-n-pound to victory. I don't see Jackson wanting to stand and trade with Hendo.

Last edited 9/8/07 3:53PM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #4   9/8/07 3:48:17PM