Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

WEC 31 on December 12th?! WTH?

Print  
Do you think the wait between WEC 30 and WEC 31 is a good thing?
No, have a card next month! 13 72%
Yes, gives us a chance for more top fights to be made. 5 28%
Posted By Message

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:
Why are they waiting so long for another event. You could see Urijah Faber (who will defend his title against Jeff Curran) didn't like having to wait that long. With the money that Zuffa has you would think that they could be putting out monthly events. This is sad because WEC is slowly becoming a guilty pleasure of mine, and waiting that long is ridiculous. Knowing that Urijah will be fighting and hopefully Pulver/Swanson on that card, it'll be worth the wait, but still a stupid wait nonetheless.

Post #1   9/5/07 10:06:09PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:
That is a long ass time. I have no idea why they are doing it like this but it blows. They should have it ever month or at least every two months. Once every three to four is ridiculous. Big Frog Faber will be sick and I wont mind if they have it every three months if Rob, Beebe and Rhino defend there titles as well. I wouldn't mind that one bit.

Post #2   9/5/07 11:18:32PM   

SteedTheDeed

Standup Guy

SteedTheDeed Avatar

Career:786-501
Chips:
what did Razor Rob mean then when he said that he will be defending it again of Nov. 9th?

Post #3   9/5/07 11:55:50PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Chips:
That did have me wondering. You would think if they were having a card in November they would at least plug it once..

Post #4   9/6/07 12:29:55AM   

SicJits

MMA Regular

SicJits Avatar

Career:827-459
Camp: FiveKnucklesCrew
Chips:
i hate the wait, but will wait in order to see curran grab the belt from faber. faber hasn't fought anyone with Curran's experience before, it should be a great fight. WAR BIG FROG

Post #5   9/6/07 8:17:46AM   

Cladrix

Standup Guy

Cladrix Avatar

Career:538-332
Chips:
A three month wait???..... Thats INSANE!!!!!

Faber has his toughest challenge in Big Frog..... I think Big Frog takes it by sub.

BIG FROG BIG FROG!!!!!!!(just like the tapout guys said it)

Last edited 9/6/07 12:00PM server time by Cladrix
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   9/6/07 11:59:58AM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Chips:
I thought Griffin was Faber's toughest challenge? Even though now I think Faber would win in a rematch with Griffin.

I also think that Faber would beat Curran.. I might be the only one though.. The Curran I saw in the Ledbetter fight doesn't look like much of a challenge to me. Others might have saw it differently.

Post #7   9/7/07 2:46:28AM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I like the layoff now everyone can rest p and we can see top fights I think faber vs Curran will be a great fight by the way.

Post #8   9/7/07 8:05:02AM   

SicJits

MMA Regular

SicJits Avatar

Career:827-459
Camp: FiveKnucklesCrew
Chips:

Posted by Scott_Revels

I thought Griffin was Faber's toughest challenge? Even though now I think Faber would win in a rematch with Griffin.

I also think that Faber would beat Curran.. I might be the only one though.. The Curran I saw in the Ledbetter fight doesn't look like much of a challenge to me. Others might have saw it differently.

He got beat by Tyson because faber couldn't overpower him, and with Tyson being even bigger now the outcome would be the same. And don't judge curran by his last fight, he was being overcautious. Just look at his past comp, he took M.serra to a dec and also Kid, which not many have. Currans MO is that he has had to fight out of his natural weight class so often, but he will give faber all sorts of control problems. If faber gets a little wild, as he is a ball of energy!, big frog can catch him in a submission. It should be a good fight either way win or lose.
Curran by 2nd rnd sub.....count it!

Post #9   9/7/07 10:36:29AM   

AmericanFighterAce

Banned

Career:990-702
Camp: Pure Adrenaline Radio
Chips:

Posted by SicJits

Posted by Scott_Revels

He got beat by Tyson because faber couldn't overpower him, and with Tyson being even bigger now the outcome would be the same. And don't judge curran by his last fight, he was being overcautious. Just look at his past comp, he took M.serra to a dec and also Kid, which not many have. Currans MO is that he has had to fight out of his natural weight class so often, but he will give faber all sorts of control problems. If faber gets a little wild, as he is a ball of energy!, big frog can catch him in a submission. It should be a good fight either way win or lose.
Curran by 2nd rnd sub.....count it!

Faber is unstoppable. I honestly think nobody can stop him in that division, with the exception of Cub Swanson.

Faber will win via GNP in round 1.
Scott.. your not the only one who thinks Faber will win.

Griffin was the toughest person Faber fought, and Faber lost that fight, but hey.. Faber is a crapload better now.

Lets see a Faber/Krazy Horse match.

Post #10   9/10/07 6:04:00PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Chips:
Faber would kill Krazy Horse, I haven't seen enough of Swanson to make an opinion, but if there was anyone who could give Faber his second loss it'd be "Kid" Yamamoto.. He looked like a beast beating down on Curran. I would believe it'd be a slugfest between Faber and Yamamoto.. Some people have Faber as #1, some people have Yamamoto as #1..

Post #11   9/11/07 3:08:14AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Scott_Revels

Faber would kill Krazy Horse, I haven't seen enough of Swanson to make an opinion, but if there was anyone who could give Faber his second loss it'd be "Kid" Yamamoto.. He looked like a beast beating down on Curran. I would believe it'd be a slugfest between Faber and Yamamoto.. Some people have Faber as #1, some people have Yamamoto as #1..

I think Faber has fought better competition. Yamamoto's true nickname should be "The Can Killer"

Post #12   9/11/07 5:16:59PM