Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Don’t Blink: Cro Cop vs. Kongo

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,891-1,581
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
When Mirko Cro Cop steps into the Octagon to test his mettle against Cheick Kongo this Saturday night in London, England, it will be a battle of two standup super predators – two men occupying the top of the striking food chain. It has all the earmarks of a spectacular fight, if both men come out aggressively firing shots in search of a crowd-pleasing knockout victory.

Link

Post #1   9/5/07 3:08:44PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Nice... fun article to read.

Crocop will show up ready to bang, I think.

Post #2   9/5/07 3:49:22PM   

JWils

Standup Guy

JWils Avatar

Career:1,467-773
Chips:
Very good insight.....

Anybody else think the easiest way for Cro Cop to win this fight is to immediately shoot in on Kongo and put him on his back and pound him out?

It probably won't happen but Kongo's takedown defense is pretty bad for a UFC fighter.

Post #3   9/5/07 4:08:36PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
there will be no shoot no BBJ, i see a stand up war, yeah i said WAR, i see a KO but not in the 1st round i see it in the 3rd,both can take a hit so its going be fun to watch

Post #4   9/5/07 4:54:05PM   

Murd3rfac3

Learning to Sprawl

Murd3rfac3 Avatar

Career:273-181
Camp: Blood Sweat and Beers
Chips:
I agree with the takedown idea for Cro Cop. His ground game is miles ahead of Kongo's.

I've never seen Cro Cop shoot though....I wonder if he even knows how. His standup power is too much for Kongo though.

I do disagree with the statement about showing that you are not intimidated. Yes you should not show fear anytime but really now everyone knows ESPECIALLY Cro Cop that his standup is probably the most feared in the sport. Whether you show it or not does not change the fact one little bit.

All in all the only way Cro Cop loses is the same way he lost the last one. If he beats himself. If his mind is not there he won't overcome. With Cro Cop unless you are fighting a Fedor, or a Couture, etc. the only way that guy loses is by mental error.

Personally I see Kongo reading too much into the Gonzaga fight and getting caught trying to press. KO Cro Cop

Post #5   9/5/07 8:04:39PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by Murd3rfac3

I agree with the takedown idea for Cro Cop. His ground game is miles ahead of Kongo's.

I've never seen Cro Cop shoot though....I wonder if he even knows how. His standup power is too much for Kongo though.

I do disagree with the statement about showing that you are not intimidated. Yes you should not show fear anytime but really now everyone knows ESPECIALLY Cro Cop that his standup is probably the most feared in the sport. Whether you show it or not does not change the fact one little bit.

All in all the only way Cro Cop loses is the same way he lost the last one. If he beats himself. If his mind is not there he won't overcome. With Cro Cop unless you are fighting a Fedor, or a Couture, etc. the only way that guy loses is by mental error.

Personally I see Kongo reading too much into the Gonzaga fight and getting caught trying to press. KO Cro Cop

well said....

Post #6   9/5/07 8:43:27PM   

Aries2343

MMA Regular

Aries2343 Avatar

Career:621-418
Camp: Jujiden MMA
Chips:
Cro Cop Via high kick end of first round thats what i think

Post #7   9/5/07 10:46:30PM   

Throwin_Bombs

Learning to Sprawl