Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

was Anderson S. out when Lutter passed his guard and GnP?

Print  
Posted By Message

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
He looked out to me before he got lutter off him....good fight....great night ;)

Post #1   2/4/07 1:14:36AM   

JackParis

Learning to Sprawl

JackParis Avatar

Career:49-28
Chips:
No way, Anderson was still fine, he was just kinda being stupid and not covering his face very well.

Post #2   2/4/07 2:06:40AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
i know anderson has a rock solid chin but that really stopped my heart for a second....

im sure im not the only one.....of course if you Tivo'd it and watched it closely..but the first time through i was like

im sure you were too

PS...your Avatar is disgusting..

Last edited 2/4/07 2:34AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   2/4/07 2:32:49AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Not IMo. I agree he has a great chin, and it's funny he submitted him of all things.

Last edited 2/4/07 8:25AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   2/4/07 2:37:08AM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Career:264-172
Chips:
I was a bit worried the ref would jump in (I think it was Herb who likes to do that) but he didn't seem like he was in trouble he had surprisingly good ground defence and I'm glad he won.

Post #5   2/4/07 8:09:36AM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

i know anderson has a rock solid chin but that really stopped my heart for a second....

im sure im not the only one.....of course if you Tivo'd it and watched it closely..but the first time through i was like

im sure you were too

I was flipping out when he was teeing off on silvas face. I thought the fight was going to be over right there...until Anderson kicked his long ass legs up.

Post #6   2/4/07 12:43:40PM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Career:397-201
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

im sure you were too

I was flipping out when he was teeing off on silvas face. I thought the fight was going to be over right there...until Anderson kicked his long ass legs up.

Yeah, me too. I was scared shitless. Then Anderson saved the day my flipping those long lanky limps infront of Lutters face.

Post #7   2/4/07 12:52:48PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Not IMo. I agree he has a great chin, and it's funny he submitted him of all things.

Yeah but I hope the fightfinder calls it a submission due to strikes. It wasn't the triangle that did it. At least it didn't look like it cuz Lutter had plenty of space there too breathe.

btw. I was scared as well when Lutter was GnPing silva. I was kinda panicking, punching at the screen, yelling silva to move.
i didn't think he was out but was as someone mentioned worried that the ref would stop the fight. Great call by herb to let it go.

Post #8   2/4/07 3:13:01PM   

redmist

MMA Regular

redmist Avatar

Career:340-240
Chips:
No i don't think he was out. what amazed me was Anderson's arms were just hanging out there and Lutter didn't attempt an arm bar. suppose he thought the strikes would end it, but the fight could have been finished there.

Post #9   2/5/07 11:03:54AM   

ghosty82

Learning to Sprawl

ghosty82 Avatar

Career:259-123
Camp: UKFF
Chips:
The way Silva had his arms out looked like he wanted Lutter to go for the armbar so he could escape.

Post #10   2/5/07 11:35:13AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I'll admit I was worried when I was first watching it, but when I thought about it again, he had his arms up in such an akward position that he must have either been baiting him into the armbar, timing his escape or waiting for a Lutters weight to shift to make escape more plausible.

A lot of good BJJ guys can stay mounted forever, impossible to buck off while they are in their BJJ zone, but onece they start striking and trying to get the TKO instead of the sub, that is when you can find a hole in their ground dominance. If that was the case, excellent planning and patience by A.Silva, if not hell of a fight anyways.

Post #11   2/5/07 1:31:01PM