Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fedor To Be At UFC 75

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

adamal

MMA Regular

adamal Avatar

Career:67-40
Chips:
Good point about the expanded auidence since it's on cable. I was actually doubting that he was signed and though he was just showing up to be kind of a tool and just remind everyone, especially Dana that he isn't a UFC fighter. But now that I read that I think there could be a chance that they actually pulled it off.

Does anyone think then that Dana/Zuffa started those rumors about the talks going poorly just to ramp up even more hype?

Post #31   9/5/07 12:58:52PM   

guccimane

Banned

Career:22-15
Chips:
They did the same in regards to buying PRIDE

Post #32   9/5/07 1:01:44PM   

Cladrix

Standup Guy

Cladrix Avatar

Career:538-332
Chips:
If Fedor is signed and they announce it..... I will honestly lose my voice.

It would be so AWESOME!!!!!

Im calling it right now..... If Fedor is signed then he will go on a winning streak in the HW division. Sort of what Silva is doing to the Middleweight division right now.

I also think that the UFC would want to put Fedor to defend his belt every chance they get.... just like they did to Tito a couple of years back. It doesnt matter because Fedor will take them all.

Post #33   9/5/07 1:39:50PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
that is awsome.. maybe that will spark more interest in whatever way is necessary.
getting his face in the octagon will start more of a stir
politics baby, politics

Post #34   9/5/07 2:57:47PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
I know anybody is unbeatable (probably the most used common phrase in the whole forum) but I don't see him losing yet. He's just a great fighter and WAY MORE better than Randy. A lot of people is loving Randy because of his comeback " O my God at 44 he came back and beat Sylvia and Gonzaga :O WOW!!!" Soooo??? Compare Sylvia and Gonzaga with Fedor to see if life makes sense. Randy is a great fighter, but he'll get owned by Fedor and every other fighter in the UFC HW division too, I'll be worried if Barnett comes in.

Post #35   9/5/07 5:03:24PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

I know anybody is unbeatable (probably the most used common phrase in the whole forum) but I don't see him losing yet. He's just a great fighter and WAY MORE better than Randy. A lot of people is loving Randy because of his comeback " O my God at 44 he came back and beat Sylvia and Gonzaga :O WOW!!!" Soooo??? Compare Sylvia and Gonzaga with Fedor to see if life makes sense. Randy is a great fighter, but he'll get owned by Fedor and every other fighter in the UFC HW division too, I'll be worried if Barnett comes in.

Fedor = Overrated.

Post #36   9/5/07 6:00:17PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
yeah i think he is overrated to, he is good dont get me wrong but if his first fight is randy that would be a slap in the face of the HW in the UFC(if he is signed)

Post #37   9/5/07 6:08:41PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,775-1,119
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
okay okay I just read everyones comments and here is mine
If Randy stand and trys to throw well good night Randy but he is too smart for that
I wouldnt even say take him down because those armbars are the best in the world for that
And I dont see Fedor throwing Randy down Randys balance is too good
The fight would end up in the clinch most of the fight and Randy would be the one controling it that is why I beleave Randy might but most likely will win using the cage and pressing Fedor against it might look like his last fight

If not Fedor is so explosive with his punches he could knock out randy in the first

I love watching Randy right now any I always love to watch Fedor fight if it does go down lets noght forget It will be like a year sence Fedor fought in MMA dont forget

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #38   9/5/07 6:50:34PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,059-579
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by Ordep

Fedor = Overrated.

I've said this a billion times, but I guess I'll say it again. No one argues that he cannot be beat. They just argue that he is the best, and would be the clear favorite against any other heavy in the world.

If he is "overrated" then make a post about a heavy weight in the world who would be a favorite against him going into a fight.

Last edited 9/5/07 7:14PM server time by copenhagen
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #39   9/5/07 7:02:08PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,059-579
Chips:
EDIT

Last edited 9/5/07 7:14PM server time by copenhagen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #40   9/5/07 7:13:33PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I'm going to have to watch this UFC alone because I've got a feeling I'm going to nut myself if they announce Fedor is signed haha.

Fedor vs. Couture... oh my God. Those two in a clinch against each other?? Unbelievable. Will Randy's clinch takedowns be superior to Fedor's? Will Randy's GnP be superior to Fedor's? Will Randy's gameplan be superior to Fedor's? They're so much alike in almost every area. Fedor has better subs and standing, but the Octagon clinch and punishment up against the fence is probably where Randy will be superior.

God it's going to be great... please let it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #41   9/5/07 7:26:01PM   

elysianwing

MMA Regular

Career:1,205-789
Camp: Hands Of Fury
Chips:

Posted by loonytnt

yeah i think he is overrated to, he is good dont get me wrong but if his first fight is randy that would be a slap in the face of the HW in the UFC(if he is signed)

How is giving the #1 hw fighter of all time a title shot for his first fight in the ufc, anymore a slap in the face of the hws of the ufc...Than giving Randy a title shot for his first fight out of retirement...(when he hadn't fought at hw since Ricco)?

(or Hendo getting a shot at Rampage's title)

Also, I know Dana has mentioned if he aquires Fedor he wants to throw him in for the title...but didn't Fedor's team mention he'd rather fight down a bit(i.e non contender)?

Post #42   9/5/07 8:11:05PM   

guccimane

Banned

Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by Ordep

Fedor = Overrated.

Your posts are overrated. All you do is bash PRIDE guys. Fedor is clearly the best mma fighter of all time. His only loss was b.s. due to a cut from an ILLEGAL blow. He's beat Nog twice (who else can say that), CroCop, and Mark Hunt. Not to mention won the HW Grand Prix in PRIDE. I don't know how a guy that has never even been in a CLOSE fight since joining PRIDE is "overrated." Do some research.

Post #43   9/5/07 8:21:05PM   

guccimane

Banned

Chips:

Posted by Copenhagen

Posted by nubby

Posted by Ordep

Fedor = Overrated.

I've said this a billion times, but I guess I'll say it again. No one argues that he cannot be beat. They just argue that he is the best, and would be the clear favorite against any other heavy in the world.

If he is "overrated" then make a post about a heavy weight in the world who would be a favorite against him going into a fight.

That post will never happen, "nubby" is a PRIDE hater (look at his posts about Shogun) who obviously has never seen either fighter compete and just uses fight finder and debates nonsense. Fedor isn't just the best HW of all time, HE'S THE BEST FIGHTER OF ALL TIME. WHO IS AHEAD OF HIM????

Post #44   9/5/07 8:23:39PM   

tomp6581

Standup Guy

tomp6581 Avatar

Career:406-255
Chips:

Posted by loonytnt

How can you seriously say that! How would it be a slap in the face of the HW divison!?!?!

I agree too many people hype him up as the god-like being, but the FACT is; he is extremely well rounded, amazing ground n pound, heavy hands, Pride HW Champ, Pride HW Tournament Champ and undefeated in nearly 7 years.

Name another more deserving HW to fight Randy........

Post #45   9/6/07 5:32:06AM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4