Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Upset for UFC 75?

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Mei-Mei

Learning to Sprawl

Mei-Mei Avatar

Career:468-292
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
I'm going with a couple of upsets on this card, picking Hamill and Kongo.

Post #16   9/5/07 12:31:37AM   

Fedor-Emelianenko

Learning to Sprawl

Career:658-413
Camp: Red Devil Sport Club
Chips:
taylor will win

Post #17   9/5/07 5:08:22AM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Hamill has a very good chance at getting the upset. He has stated that he has been working on his standup for a long time since the show. It'll be interesting to see if he can fend off Bisping's attack. If he can, he may be able to catch Bisping with a shoot early and dominate the fight.

Sakara has a good chance, he's under by +200, and Houston is unproven if he is a fluke or not. Alexander has some decent ground skills from some of the training videos I've seen, so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he shoots for the ground and pound.

I think CroCop is going to dismantle Kongo, so I don't see much happening there, but Thomas Drwal may have a chance at an upset.

Post #18   9/5/07 9:21:42AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I don't really think hamill beating bisping is really an Upset but everyone say it would be. so my boy Hamill is gonna upset bisping

Post #19   9/5/07 9:55:00AM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,238-1,256
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
You guys are bummin' me out! Swing away Bisping!!!

Post #20   9/5/07 10:42:46AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
i think kongo would be the bestest upset on this card

Post #21   9/5/07 6:16:40PM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Career:474-316
Camp: The Tactical Underground
Chips:

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Last month for UFC 74 I wrote a post saying how I thought Cote had a real good chance against Grove, mainly because I had a gut feeling and just felt Grove was getting a little to big headed for his own good. Unfortunately, I talked myself out of going with Cote, pushing the idea of him winning away as a temporary feeling.

I regret making that decision and I once again find myself thinking the same thing. Something inside me is saying Matt Hamill is going to beat Bisping this weekend. I am trying to talk myself out of it again but I think I have to stay with Hamill this time, does anyone have the same feeling about the fight or does everyone think no doubt Bisping?

I believe Hamill will win this one fight..

I have the same feeling you have, dont forget Hamill is disabled and has a lot to prove... anybody with a disability strives harder in competition because they have to, never underestimate the willpower of someone who is different, they have been battling a disability all of their life therefore they have nothing but courage, strength, and heart inside...

I seriously see Hamill winning this fight, my money is on him.

Post #22   9/5/07 8:19:50PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

haha me too, like i dont like matt hamill but i waited the preview video on ufc.com and it was saying about bisping being small for LHW and then rumors he would move down to MW possibly after this. I think hamill could possibly just take bisping down and win a decision. But im going with bisping to tko matt.

ok i'm the same way.. i'm doing about the same thing based on someone elses advice.. i've personally never seen eitherone of them fight.. but hmm.. idk

Post #23   9/6/07 12:36:05PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Even if Hams gets Bisping on the ground I think Bispings JJ will get him a submission win. Anywhere this fight goes I see the Count winning.

Post #24   9/6/07 3:02:42PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by Copenhagen

I've had Matt by UD ever since they put this fight on the picks page.

Me too ................ and IM BRITISH FFS!!!!!

I just dont rate Bisping at all despite his nationality being the same, his northern accent annoys me and he aint sounding great on the mic or in interviews, id much rather have semtex as our btiish poster boy, hell id take JT over him!!!!!!!!!

Hamill has a SOLID CHIN people, just wait until he eats some and still gets a takedown, it wont even be a lay and pray liek so many think, the Hammer has imrpoved his GnP and will cut Bisping with elbows

Post #25   9/6/07 3:43:27PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
I also think Hamill has a better than average chance to beat Bisping, enough of which that made me pick him to win it. If there were better odds in favor of Bisping, I might bet on Hamill, but its not worth it at the moment.

Post #26   9/6/07 3:58:50PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,246-781
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
You guys are crazy.....Bisping will end this one in the first. You guys are underestimating Bisping....and giving way to much props to Hamill. Even if Hamill takes him down...i see Bisping sub him with an armbar. And if he tries to stand with the Count....it will end in the first. Leaning towards Taylor KO The Irish Hand Grenade

Post #27   9/6/07 5:14:52PM   

SicJits

MMA Regular

SicJits Avatar

Career:789-446
Camp: FiveKnucklesCrew
Chips:
Some people here are blinded, by what i have no idea. Sammich can shoot...thats it his gnp sucks, his cardio sucks, his chin...well we'll see, and he left Team Punishment to go and start his own gym. Although i dont think TP is on top anymore, it is alot better then starting your own gym with no skills besides wrestling, and without adding a striking coach. Bisping on the other hand is still a question mark. HIS opponets have gotten close to sub moves, but he gets out and then finishes them. Bisping's biggest weakness is that he is to excited when he fights, after a couple of "close" (close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades...and this aint either) subs, he settles down and takes care of business. He is training with Rampage for this fight so hopefully his defense has improved some, but not like you need much defense against someone like Sammich that has only A weapon.... lay-n-pray. I would love to take down everyone's address here who thinks Sammich will win so we could bet on it. Sammich was a deaf olympic wrestler not the real olympics...big difference in competition. And go ask Kos if wrestling is enough alone to get by on...lol
Bisping by ko/ref stoppage in round 1 or early round 2, bet on it!

Post #28   9/6/07 11:26:02PM   

SicJits

MMA Regular

SicJits Avatar

Career:789-446
Camp: FiveKnucklesCrew
Chips:
...LOL The Sammich will be eaten!!!!!!!!

I love agreeing with myself. is there anyone else here who is in reality and knows forsure that Bisping will win?

Last edited 9/6/07 11:28PM server time by SicJits
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #29   9/6/07 11:27:41PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Errrrm ...................... a no

I see a guy who has never fought a wrestler let alone a very strong wrestler like Hamill, and who has also looked very poor against Haynes, Schafer and Elvis, nearly losing the last 2 fights and not being to KO a guy who then drops 2 weight divisions and gets KO'd by Cummo

Post #30   9/7/07 8:36:14AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3