Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 76 "KNOCKOUT" Discussion Thread - 22nd September

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by billycarnage

If Sanchez presses the action and makes it his fight Fitch will lose.
Either way it's gonna be a war.

Well im afraid to say you are wrong bud, dunno what makes it his fight means but even if Diego is the aggressor he will still lose fighting a guy who has better striking better wrestling better bjj and is on a better run than him!

Post #31   9/20/07 10:41:55AM   

billycarnage

In Full Mount

billycarnage Avatar

Career:300-165
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Well im afraid to say you are wrong bud, dunno what makes it his fight means but even if Diego is the aggressor he will still lose fighting a guy who has better striking better wrestling better bjj and is on a better run than him!

That's all hear-say. If Fitch is as good as you all think then he'll prove it tomorrow night. And Diego making it "his fight" is basically doing what he did to Karo.

It's not that i don't like Fitch, I think he is great, he just hasn't done enough in his short career to diserve a title shot. I got nothing against him, It's the people saying that cause he beat Burkman and Goveia that all the sudden he is top contender and deserves a shot. BS! He has got to earn it and he is on his way.
That will be fight of the night.
Diego via UD

Post #32   9/21/07 2:46:58PM   

MikeBillotto

Banned

Career:120-79
Chips:
im a big diego fan....hopefully he can pull this win out its going to be a war..but who knows hopefully he can get a early KO

also jardine is going to get KO'D via Right Hook first round 3:21

Post #33   9/21/07 6:17:03PM   

MikeBillotto

Banned

Career:120-79
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by billycarnage

If Sanchez presses the action and makes it his fight Fitch will lose.
Either way it's gonna be a war.

cornish your kidding right? diego is a good fighter look aat the Karo fight and the nick diaz fight and tell me he sucks...you cant. one loss doesnt make him horrible.and your making fitch sound like a greek god or something calm down and stop jizzing over this irish dick tickler...cause he beat burkman hes god..got ya

Post #34   9/21/07 6:20:41PM   

creed3900

Learning to Sprawl

creed3900 Avatar

Career:340-211
Camp: Brass Ball Brawlers
Chips:

Posted by jocka

I dont understand why Jardine have the chance to fight chuck they should of made it Chuck vs Shogun and th winner has a shot at the title.

The Shogun griffin fight will still be nice to watch i hope Griffin is training on blocking knees cause they gonna hurt if Shogun lands them.

Does anyone except me like Machida ?? the guys style makes him so hard to hit, his foot work and head movement are something else.

I think the best fight will be Sanchez vs Fitch, i hope sanchez gets his ass kicked man i hate that guy, I wonder when Parisian is gonna fight

Nice calls, man..............Chuck vs. Shogun would be so much more interesting, and line up a good fighter for the title........If Griffin somehow upsets (unlikely) Shogun, and Chuck wins like he should, will he get an immediate rematch with Jackson????................should NOT IMO.......................Beating Jardine proves nothing....................S***, he just got knocked out embarrasingly by a newcomer................

Post #35   9/21/07 8:31:58PM   

creed3900

Learning to Sprawl

creed3900 Avatar

Career:340-211
Camp: Brass Ball Brawlers
Chips:

Posted by OchoCinco

Man I just feel sorry for Forrest. Can't wait to see Shogun in the UFC though.

Never count Cool Hand Luke out......................he definitely has the opportunity to make a statement in this one, nothing to lose are the words I believe.............

Post #36   9/21/07 8:41:55PM   

ikesmith

Learning to Sprawl

Career:735-502
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
forrest does not deserve a title shot if he somehow comes out with the w

Post #37   9/22/07 12:52:44PM   

puppettamer

Learning to Sprawl

puppettamer Avatar

Career:427-274
Chips:
yeah i belive that they should have the winner of shogun vs forrest and liddell and jardine fight but gaain i dont think liddell would deserve that fight yet but there really is not anyone else evens is tied up with the tito b.s and well who else is therte!? while jackson has to have tim eto heal that hand...whats the ufc going to do lol with sherk out also eek

Post #38   9/22/07 3:37:34PM   

jack

Learning to Sprawl

jack Avatar

Career:197-166
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
What about the winner of Liddell and Jardine fight Dan Henderson? I would loe to see Henderson and Jackson fight again.

Post #39   9/22/07 10:46:58PM   

lonestroker

Learning to Sprawl

lonestroker Avatar

Career:1,121-769
Camp: Fightlinker Jackals
Chips:
Jon "diego is my bitch" Fitch with a win. Even though I bet that Diego would win I'm glad fitch got the win cause Diego is over rated.

Post #40   9/22/07 11:42:23PM   

Bountytaker

MMA Regular

Career:116-77
Camp: House of Granite
Chips:
I'm not saying Diego should have won, but......

How in the hell did one judge score that last round for Fitch? Do we give more points for escaping rather than applying good submissons.

Honestly, I thought that scoring was bogus. I expected three 29-28's. That split decision was terrible.

The scoring in the UFC has gotten suspect.

Last edited 9/23/07 12:09AM server time by Bountytaker
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #41   9/23/07 12:00:11AM   

MMALifer

Learning to Sprawl

Career:145-98
Chips:
Damn. 2 big upsets.

Didn't see the fights but from what I am reading Forrest owned Shogun and Jardine owned Chuck

Post #42   9/23/07 12:57:29AM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Apparently the 2 biggest mismatches in the event turned out to be upsets. Go figure!

Edit: Favorite quote of the night: "I ate a lot of cookies" - Forrest Griffin

Last edited 9/23/07 1:23AM server time by MMA
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #43   9/23/07 1:00:21AM   

MikeyP_23

Learning to Sprawl

Career:32-19
Camp: Phillips Fighting System
Chips:
chuck wasnt owned by any means. jardine won because of a knock down that liddel looked more like he tripped. im not a liddel fan at all but i mean honestly jardine kicked him alot... that was it. liddel landed more shots.... more hard shots... more effective combos. i thought it was a 29-28 victory for chuck. deigo only lost because the guy was on top more. the fast the guy was on top shouldnt matter if he does nothing. deigo was fighting hard on the bottom with manny near subs and i just though that deigo was clearly underrstated in that fight from the way it was called.

and am i the only one pumped forest won?? i came close to betting on forrest because i knew hes a great fighter but how can you vote against shogun. but if you look around the UFC only one former pride guy (rampage) has had success. henderson crocop and shogun all disappointments. i know henderson did fight rampage but he did very poorly and looked winded early. pride guys arnt living up to there hype in my opinion.

Post #44   9/23/07 2:16:44AM   

Meg

I need a rising sound.

Meg Avatar

Career:271-178
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
That Forrest upset was the fight of the night for me.

Post #45   9/23/07 2:36:30AM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4