Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Cro Cop entrence

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

buff_udale

Learning to Sprawl

buff_udale Avatar

Career:119-75
Camp: MMA Forum
Chips:
Anybody else think it is funny that cro cop came out to the pride theme song??!!

Post #1   2/4/07 12:35:37AM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I honestly can't believe that I didn't notice... but I think that's funny as hell. I'll have to watch again on youtube or wherever.

Post #2   2/4/07 12:41:00AM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
I could not believe that, most shocking thing of the night in my opinion.

Post #3   2/4/07 12:57:59AM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:

Posted by Reignofterror

I would have said the nut shot that Hazzardgatti let go was more shocking... but it's Steve Hazzardgatti, so it's not like his shitty reffing is unusual.

Post #4   2/4/07 12:59:54AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
Very funny, but probably pissed Dana off. He shelled out some serious cash for him and CC basically peed in his Cheerios

Post #5   2/4/07 2:05:46AM   

hipster_doofus

Learning to Sprawl

hipster_doofus Avatar

Career:195-100
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
i don't think that cro-cop could come out to the pride music w/o dana knowing what was going on. everyone, especially the guys in production, must know what that music is. who knows, maybe it is a sign that zuffa is either making it clear they are in the hunt for the purchase of pride, or that they simply do not care / respect pride. when the song started w/ the toms at that off-beat, i tohught it was going to be another weird Croatian song or something. once the music started playing i couldn't help but feel like it was some sort of message being sent by the ufc. maybe we're all reading too much into it, who knows

Post #6   2/4/07 2:18:34AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
why would dana be mad? They've been showing highlights and mentioned pride all night long. I have a feeling that Cro Cop and Fedor will happen as champion vs. champion. Seeing Cro Cop walk to the Octagon was a beaufiful thing!

Post #7   2/4/07 2:18:53AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Reignofterror

I would have said the nut shot that Hazzardgatti let go was more shocking... but it's Steve Hazzardgatti, so it's not like his shitty reffing is unusual.

Agreed . He almost cost Hughes the title vs Trigg. As for Cro-cop it could just be his lucky song, but I'm more inclined to agree that there's some Pride?UFC cooperation in the air.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #8   2/4/07 2:24:24AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
yeah....great song for a person like CroCop....i cant see him coming out to Lil Jon just cuz he's fighting in the USA......

But he would of looked better walking slowly down a ramp..

Post #9   2/4/07 2:40:58AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Reignofterror

Agreed . He almost cost Hughes the title vs Trigg. As for Cro-cop it could just be his lucky song, but I'm more inclined to agree that there's some Pride?UFC cooperation in the air.

I'm pretty sure that was Mario Yamasaki who reffed Huges vs Trigg 2.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #10   2/4/07 3:35:00AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Reignofterror

I'm pretty sure that was Mario Yamasaki who reffed Huges vs Trigg 2.

Dude your totally right. My bad, names sound similiar

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #11   2/4/07 3:45:59AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Its chill, you had me on the Midnight Express earlier.

I have no idea what Mazagatti was thinking though, because it wasn't like he didn't see it. He said "Fight through it!" like he saw it and didn't care or something. Its not like it cost him the fight, but I'd still be upset.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #12   2/4/07 3:54:30AM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
Based on some of the things Cro Cop has said, like wanting to complete his copntract as fast as possible and fighting on New Years against Fedor, perhaps he is sending the message that he would rather be in Pride and is representing Pride and is just here for the money.

Post #13   2/4/07 4:09:08AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by roadking95th

Based on some of the things Cro Cop has said, like wanting to complete his copntract as fast as possible and fighting on New Years against Fedor, perhaps he is sending the message that he would rather be in Pride and is representing Pride and is just here for the money.

The only interviews I read were on the T-nation bodybuilding think tank , and he answers why .It's what he's used to like a pitcher's superstion's. I'll paste the relevant part here and also the address
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=E4CA4AC1F2CFF1872FD97C9E78095042.hydra?id=1428458

"It is less than one month until you enter the Octagon. What are your thought?
Mirko:"Hmmm...you know the other day while at a friend's house I heard the Pride music they use from a video they were watching. At that moment I felt very sad. I was surprised at myself. When I made the decision to go to the UFC, I thought that there would be no regrets. That beat (dandandadan) I thought, I won't be able to hear it for some time. They play that music backstage at Pride. For me it acted as a switch. Usually when they call on me to get ready I can see and hear the crowd, they call my name and wave. I wave back. My worries disappear. The nervousness I feel until that point disappears. I can focus. That music acted as a switch for me. From now on I will have to find news ways of doing things. You know I still have not been an Octagon(laughing). I do not know how the cage feels to the touch. On January 31st I have work to do at Parliament. I get to Vegas on the 1st. I take my physical for the NSAC. Then it it is showtime. One thing, the time difference is not as great between Croatia and America as it is between Japan and Croatia(laughing). When I enter the Octagon, I wonder what I will feel. Thinking back I was booed first fighting in Pride, fighting for K-1. When I enter the Octagon I will have to decide the path of my life with just my hands."

As for leaving the UFC ,he answers that in part one of the interview.I'll paste it here
Mirko: "I will be the UFC champion in three matches."

That's great but would the UFC's president Dana White let you have a title match within three fights?

Mirko:" Actually he(Dana White) was going to match me up with Tim Sylvia. I guess Tim ran away(laughing). Right now I am very hungry. I want to fight every 2 and a half to three months. I want to have the belt by the summer and have a fight in the fall, then fight in Japan on New Years."
In Japan?

Mirko:" Yes. Pride and the UFC are rival organizations, but I think I can bring them together. You will have Pride's Champion Fedor and UFC champion and Pride Open weight Champion me. This is my real hope."

He's not planning on leaving , just giving us all what we want. Unification matches. If he pulls this off I will buy a dog and name it after him.

Last edited 2/4/07 4:33AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

The Iron Code

Post #14   2/4/07 4:31:50AM   

GNP4LYFE

Learning to Sprawl

GNP4LYFE Avatar

Career:185-110
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
CroCop coming out to the Pride theme is his way of saying that "I am a Pride fighter whose fighting in UFC. I am here to murder everyone while representing the Pride Fighting Championships"

IMO

Post #15   2/4/07 4:50:14AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2