Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mark Cuban (NBA Owner) is after Fedor

Print  
Posted By Message

KissMyBallz

MMA Regular

KissMyBallz Avatar

Career:7-7
Chips:
Mark Cuban wants Fedor Emelianenko to fight for him on his network HDNET!

Cuban has the $$$$ to make this a reality and difficult for any other interested organization to compete.

LINK

Last edited 9/3/07 11:43AM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: Please post live link using 'Insert Web Link' option :-)
2 total post edits

Post #1   9/3/07 10:34:13AM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:985-644
Chips:
i just read this! Dana better bring somethin to the table if he really wants Fedor

Post #2   9/3/07 10:38:59AM   

adamal

MMA Regular

adamal Avatar

Career:67-40
Chips:
Wow, I guess he couldn't get the Cubs and so he is looking for something else to invest in now. I really like Mark Cuban and know that if he thinks MMA should be billed as more mainstream and as a sport and whatnot then he is going to work really hard on it. The downside is that then Fedor isn't in UFC of course. God, the war of words that could start between Cuban and Dana that would be fun.

Post #3   9/3/07 11:49:35AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by adamal

Wow, I guess he couldn't get the Cubs and so he is looking for something else to invest in now. I really like Mark Cuban and know that if he thinks MMA should be billed as more mainstream and as a sport and whatnot then he is going to work really hard on it. The downside is that then Fedor isn't in UFC of course. God, the war of words that could start between Cuban and Dana that would be fun.

agreed... cuban always has interesting things to say..

first main event card would be dirk nowitzki vs fedor

Post #4   9/3/07 2:12:43PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,547-1,624
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Now I feel stupid...Who is this guy, what MMA org does he help produce and who is the guy they think should fight Fedor...sorry but I am not THAT hardcore!!

Post #5   9/3/07 2:35:02PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
i think mark cuban will get fedor before the ufc. he has the money and the power to make a competing fighting organization against ufc

hell i say give him a few years he could have a company just as good if not better then the ufc

Post #6   9/3/07 4:40:43PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,802-1,135
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Mark Cuban would be better for mma that Dana White

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #7   9/3/07 5:53:29PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Now I feel stupid...Who is this guy, what MMA org does he help produce and who is the guy they think should fight Fedor...sorry but I am not THAT hardcore!!

he does not run an mma organization, he is a billionaire who owns the dallas mavericks

just imagine the billionaire owner of bodog, but twice as rich and not as obsessed with exotic women

Post #8   9/3/07 10:18:16PM   

adamal

MMA Regular

adamal Avatar

Career:67-40
Chips:

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by jae_1833

he does not run an mma organization, he is a billionaire who owns the dallas mavericks

just imagine the billionaire owner of bodog, but twice as rich and not as obsessed with exotic women

HAHA hilarious!

He also owns or at least part owns the TV network HDnet which he references in the article and they show a lot of MMA so he is looking for ratings there.

And just as an education about Cuban he is like a big kid. I read he bought his mansion because foyer was large enough to play wiffle ball in. He is also always getting fined by the NBA for talking about the commissioner and officials and he even worked a shift at Dairy Queen one day to prove he was still connected to the working man.
I think he is a great guy and a great personality and could be a real asset to MMA's mainstream success.

PS does anyone know if he had anything to do with the Art of War promotion in Dallas last weekend?

Post #9   9/4/07 9:47:49PM