Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Pode Pegar! News From Brazil

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Wanderlei Silva has been the number one topic in the last two weeks in Brazil. He is receiving a lot of criticism from the Brazilian fans. Wanderlei left Brazil to get his own team and put himself in an odd position when American press announced that he was training with Randy Couture.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   9/2/07 9:25:06AM   

fullfighting

MMA Regular

fullfighting Avatar

Career:151-94
Chips:
He should be able to train where he wants but honestly it does seem a little strange. Randy is one of the best at using the cage I think Wandy is just gettin his learn on from some smart dudes who know how to use the cage.

Post #2   9/2/07 2:37:41PM   

lemandp

Banned

Career:18-13
Chips:

Posted by fullfighting

He should be able to train where he wants but honestly it does seem a little strange. Randy is one of the best at using the cage I think Wandy is just gettin his learn on from some smart dudes who know how to use the cage.

I don't know what's so strange about it. He had a falling out with Rudimar, so of course he's going to train elsewhere. Where would he go?? Black House?? He moved to the U.S. and struck up a really close friendship with Randy. The two regularily go to dinner with each other's wives, and regardless of training have became really close friends. Wanderlei is helping Randy with his muay thai and BJJ, and Randy is helping Wanderlei with his wrestling and cage experience. Brazilian fans are mad because Silva was their favorite son, but they need to realize Rudimar has screwed over many of the top guys from Chute Boxe (Wanderlei, A. Silva, Pele) and it's a matter of time before Shogun and Ninja leave. Wanderlei and Shogun have already stated they would NEVER fight each other, with Silva being Shogun's mentor, and if Rudimar tries to force Shogun into that position Shogun will no doubt move to L.A. where his bro is taking over training duties.

Post #3   9/2/07 2:44:32PM   

fullfighting

MMA Regular

fullfighting Avatar

Career:151-94
Chips:
OK.

Post #4   9/2/07 2:57:11PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,471-1,565
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
They are just angry that American (regardless of origin) is better!!

Post #5   9/2/07 3:58:35PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,826-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

They are just angry that American (regardless of origin) is better!!

Yeah, I am sure thats what they are saying....

Post #6   9/2/07 6:37:52PM