Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC / Fedor meeting 'was not good'

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Mithra

Learning to Sprawl

Mithra Avatar

Career:892-456
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
Anyone else think that this may be the result of a slimeball manager?

Post #16   9/1/07 8:49:29PM   

lemandp

Banned

Career:18-13
Chips:
definitely...if dana agrees on the sambo and a cpl guys fighting in ufc/zuffa...that should be enough...this guy is using fedor 2 launch his career as a promoter in russia

Post #17   9/2/07 1:18:45AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,742-1,520
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I wouldn't really take this report to heart that much. Remember when people like Jerry Millen and Dana White were saying that they weren't close to buying Pride, then 1 week later look what happened. I will not take any report seriously unless it says he signs somewhere for sure.

Post #18   9/2/07 1:32:10AM   

lemandp

Banned

Chips:
i agree with my man above...just wait and see...its not like Fedor, his manager, or Dana went OTR after saying the deal is off...given Dana and Finklestein's personalities, that probably would've happened.

Post #19   9/2/07 2:14:58AM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Whoa wait a minute. I never said Fedor is scared of the UFC, I understand he is afraid of no man. But I also understand that he could be thinking why limit myself when I can just fight from promotion to promotion for the biggest paycheck. He has proven himself as a fighter more then anyone so at this point it could be all about the money for him.

Also...I never said the UFC couldnt afford it, but why make an exception for one fighter? Yes he is amazing, but if you do it for one guy, you will have to do it for them all eventually. They should offer him the same as Couture, Liddell, Cro Cop, but no more then that. This way they can keep a steady business.

Overall, I think Fedor is being difficult on purpose, I dont blame him though. But he isnt stupid, he knows what a run in the UFC could do for his career, but he may just care more about the money at this point.

Post #20   9/2/07 2:24:50AM   

lemandp

Banned

Chips:
Why would Fedor make the same amount of money as CC, Chuck, or Randy Couture?? Those guys aren't even in the same league as him, and the Russian villain is always big business in terms of marketing and draws in combat sports. The sticking point right now isn't money, it's the fact that the UFC won't guarantee his contract, they want an opt-out clause, and they still won't let him compete in Sambo. Once those two things are ironed out Fedor will dismantle Randy in the octagon, until then he could possibly end up fighting Barnett or Hunt in K-1 (UFC is dropping the ball with those two guys as well)

Post #21   9/2/07 2:49:09PM   

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:
can Hunt make 265

Post #22   9/3/07 12:55:55PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2