Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Barnett vs Dana

Print  
Would you like to see Barnett in the UFC
Yes 52 73%
No 2 3%
I don't give a shit about Barnett 17 24%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

EddieBowers

MMA Regular

EddieBowers Avatar

Career:126-96
Camp: TX Ground and Pound
Chips:
I say if Barnett is clean (no more roides) then let him in. It is great to see a good fight. However one small thing.. why are fans sooo upset about the pay the fighters a receiving? I mean think about it. The money has to come from somewhere... you want to pay the fighters a million bucks a fight? PPV will go up to $60 a fight, there will not be that many fights per PPV. I just do not understand why people would want the fighters to make so much more money then they are because that is going to raise th cost for us the fans. Dana White is a business man, an entrepreneur so of course he is going to maximize the profit for Zuffa/him. I just don't understand why people have to hate on the man after what he has done for the UFC, MMA, and us the fans/fighters (not that I am a pro, just training for one amateur fight). I don't know, they are playing a sport, do they really deserve millions to play. I mean I know that most of us are under paid for the work that we do, but I do not see us worrying about that. I am not meaning to insult anybody by the little rant of mine, so please do not get offended.

Post #16   8/31/07 3:13:53PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
I got a few things to say about this topic...

First off, Who does Josh Barnett think he's fooling? Saying "Oh, I'm the real champ, I beat Randy, Nobody beat me for the title"...Is he forgetting that he got that belt Stripped from him because HE WAS ON STERIODS for that fight? Plus, Knowing that he tested positive for steriods for the Couture fight, I think he's absolutely retarded for bragging about beating Randy. To me, that shows no honor whatsoever.

Second, I don't know how he can be so sure he'd beat Randy again. Even if we overlooked the fact that Barnett was juiced up for the Couture fight, that fight was many years ago, and to me at least, Randy looks better now than he EVER has (at age 44, no less). Randy is a more complete fighter now than he was then.

Sure, on Paper Barnett might have an advantage...ON PAPER. But if anything can be said about Randy Couture, It's that he can never be doubted. Hell, If everything that's "On Paper" was true, we would have been watching TIm sylvia Fight Mirko Cro Cop at UFC 74. Personally, I think if they fought again, Couture beats Barnett based on his heart and Expierience, Mixed with his dirty boxing and World class Greco, of course.

TO me, THis seems like a big Publicity Stunt on Barnett's Part. Just look at how we words himself inthat article. It's almost like he's subliminally ASking to be brought back to the UFC, But he probably knows THey still aren't pleased with him for the whole roids incident, so he takes this approach, and THAT'S why Dana isn't too keen on him, in my opinion.

*WHEW*...Kinda short of breath after that one, lol..But it's my first post here, might as well make it count

Post #17   9/2/07 4:21:43AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2