Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Barnett vs Dana

Print  
Would you like to see Barnett in the UFC
Yes 52 73%
No 2 3%
I don't give a shit about Barnett 17 24%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:
Really interesting article. Barnett has some great points and I do think he is a top competitor. His style IMO is a bad match for Randy, but Randy is the champ and to say Barnett still is is infact retarded.

I know I give a shit about Barnett and a lot of other fans would love to see him in the UFC. I wish Dana wouldn't say such dumbass statements like "nobody gives a shit about barnett, espeically me." Because Barnett would make a great addition to the UFC HW division.http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4597&zoneid=13

Post #1   8/31/07 12:54:38AM   

Lethal

MMA Regular

Lethal Avatar

Career:165-104
Camp: Team Mafia
Chips:
I'll have to side with Barnett for a couple of reasons. 1.) Dana has tried to erase much of the early UFC before him and Zuffa got involved 2.) There ARE a lot of heavyweights still out there that IMO are still ranked over Couture and to say that UFC has even close to all the HW talent is rediculous. 3.) UFC has more than enough money to pay the fighters well. Every champ should be in the millions and every televised fighter should make enough to support their family.

i don't agree with the whole "still being the champ". Once you leave the organization, you are no longer the champ. Champs have to constantly defend the title. In that case, Pulver should have still been considered the champ all the years he was gone.

Post #2   8/31/07 1:21:38AM   

wiGGa

Learning to Sprawl

wiGGa Avatar

Career:45-32
Chips:
Misclicked no vote gief Barnett, put him up vs Gonzaga as a first fight, that would be a great fight. Tone down the Gonzaga hype abit more if Barnett wins, or increase the reputation of Gonzaga if he would win.

Post #3   8/31/07 1:55:31AM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
i would wanna see barnett back in the ufc

but i doubt dana will ever offer him the big bucks he wants and deserves

Post #4   8/31/07 3:05:52AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Dana talks the talk, but if Barnett was ready and willing to sign a contract, Dana would be the first to give the guy a pen to sign the dotted line for a six figure contract. Everyone knows Dana is full of hot air, look what happened with Wanderlei!

Post #5   8/31/07 3:19:54AM   

MrGreeny

MMA Regular

MrGreeny Avatar

Career:511-324
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
I like Barnett like a fighter, but this is stupid of him. Obviously he wanted more money and that's why he didn't sign.
If he really believed, UFC are cowards etc... he would sign the contract even for less money than in PrideFC.

Post #6   8/31/07 6:03:43AM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
Dana should sign barnett, that is all

Post #7   8/31/07 9:06:00AM   

FrankDukes

Learning to Sprawl

FrankDukes Avatar

Career:219-115
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Who cares about Dana White? Who is he anyways? When was the last time anyone watched anything UFC or MMA related because of Dana? Anyone who doesn't want Josh Barnett in the UFC isn't a true fan. He is one of the best, he always fights the best and that is why his record has the slightest blemish on it.

Whats really funny is, Dana thinks he is more powerful then Josh Barnett. The fact is that if Dana white headlines a card with Tim Sylvia vs. Randy Couture, and JoeBlow promotes a card with Barnett vs. Fedor, everyone will want the latter.

Barnett> Dana
Barnett> Randy
Fedor> Barnett

THESE ARE FACTS.

EDIT: I still love Randy though.

Last edited 8/31/07 9:52AM server time by frankdukes
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   8/31/07 9:50:08AM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
Wow someone sounds bitter, and jealous. Maybe it's the high level of testosterone from the steriods speaking.

Post #9   8/31/07 10:20:48AM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:984-643
Chips:
another classic case of "Dana's way or the highway!!!".......

Last edited 8/31/07 10:30AM server time by grandmaster313

Post #10   8/31/07 10:29:01AM   

Rich78

MMA Regular

Rich78 Avatar

Career:148-108
Chips:
Well if you give Dana ammunition, e.g. Lindland, Barnett, Babalu, then he's gonna use it against you.

If he hadn't have juiced up, he wouldn't be running around crying about the UFC now. Its his own fault he's not there. Would he have ever gone to Pride if he played by the rules while in the UFC?

And regardless of whether or not I agree with your Barnett > Randy etc, they are in no way facts, thats just your opinion.

Last edited 8/31/07 10:32AM server time by rich78

Post #11   8/31/07 10:31:40AM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,782-1,124
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by FrankDukes

Who cares about Dana White? Who is he anyways? When was the last time anyone watched anything UFC or MMA related because of Dana? Anyone who doesn't want Josh Barnett in the UFC isn't a true fan. He is one of the best, he always fights the best and that is why his record has the slightest blemish on it.

Whats really funny is, Dana thinks he is more powerful then Josh Barnett. The fact is that if Dana white headlines a card with Tim Sylvia vs. Randy Couture, and JoeBlow promotes a card with Barnett vs. Fedor, everyone will want the latter.

Barnett> Dana
Barnett> Randy
Fedor> Barnett

THESE ARE FACTS.

EDIT: I still love Randy though.

THESE ARE THE FACTS
Dana vs Barnett

DANA wins every time he is the boss of the UFC so if you want to fight in the UFC you better kiss his ass

ANOTHER FACT
no ass kissing no Fedor

THESE ARE THE TRUTH

so who gives a shit about Barnett

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #12   8/31/07 11:31:19AM   

MartinKillMcGill

MMA Regular

MartinKillMcGill Avatar

Career:285-170
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
At this time I dont realy give a shit about barnet.Im more interested in fedor.He deserves a contract before lesner though

Post #13   8/31/07 1:43:31PM   

jimmyjohnson

Learning to Sprawl

Career:17-18
Chips:
It seems to me to be the same type of treatment that White give anyone who challenges the way he runs his business. Just look at Tito Ortiz. Tito has been saying for years that the fighters are getting the short end of the stick. White pays them peanuts and reaps the rewards of huge PPV $$$.
Dana is a chump. He's an igomaniac and wants more tv time that the fighters. He should shut his mouth and keep his face off the tube and let the fighters sell the sport.

Post #14   8/31/07 2:06:43PM   

FrankDukes

Learning to Sprawl

FrankDukes Avatar

Career:219-115
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by Rich78

Well if you give Dana ammunition, e.g. Lindland, Barnett, Babalu, then he's gonna use it against you.

If he hadn't have juiced up, he wouldn't be running around crying about the UFC now. Its his own fault he's not there. Would he have ever gone to Pride if he played by the rules while in the UFC?

And regardless of whether or not I agree with your Barnett > Randy etc, they are in no way facts, thats just your opinion.

Barnett beat him, he is better then Randy. That is as close to fact as you get in MMA so I dont know how you can argue otherwise. It should be about the fighters, not Dana White.
Even though Zuffa did a lot of good stuff for MMA, I believe Dana will be the downfall of all that is good.

Post #15   8/31/07 2:45:21PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2