Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Karo vs Kos

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Cladrix

Standup Guy

Cladrix Avatar

Career:538-332
Chips:

Posted by kevietre

Karo will judo toss the fro off of Koscheck!

That was hillarious!!!!

I dont think Kos can handle Karos Judo. I'll take Karo by Decision.

Post #16   8/31/07 2:06:02AM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
I think this would be a verys exciting fight. Both of these guys have tremendous heart and stamina. Looking at both of them i think Karo would win, but it will be a war. Kind of like when Karo fought sanchez.

Post #17   8/31/07 4:04:44AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I hate Koscheck, and I love Karo. UNFORTUNATELY I'll have to go with Koscheck by UD. If Koscheck utilized the clinch takedown more I'd go with Karo, but he likes to use singles and double legs, and I don't see Karo's judo having much in answer to a low double leg.

Hence, Koscheck lay and pray UD

Post #18   8/31/07 3:14:50PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,283-1,272
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I hate Koscheck, and I love Karo. UNFORTUNATELY I'll have to go with Koscheck by UD. If Koscheck utilized the clinch takedown more I'd go with Karo, but he likes to use singles and double legs, and I don't see Karo's judo having much in answer to a low double leg.

I think this is accurate...as much as I love judo, it's a means to an end in MMA not and end in itself. Once they're on the ground, Kos has a slight advantage...and then...not much is gonna happen until (if) they get stood up.

Post #19   8/31/07 3:33:20PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

Posted by Jackelope

I think this is accurate...as much as I love judo, it's a means to an end in MMA not and end in itself. Once they're on the ground, Kos has a slight advantage...and then...not much is gonna happen until (if) they get stood up.

Yep, Karo with the advantage up against the fence and in a clinch situation, but Koscheck unfortunately has a massive ground advantage. The only way I could see Karo winning is early in the rounds while they're standing, or with a good judo throw combined with a bit of GnP for a KO. I don't see Koscheck submitting to strikes, though, and I do see him able to reverse Karo on the ground to get dominant position.

Post #20   8/31/07 4:11:07PM   

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:
Karo is my second favorite fighter but I keep seeing Koscheck winning with a Ko/tko

Post #21   9/1/07 1:29:34AM   

MartinKillMcGill

MMA Regular

MartinKillMcGill Avatar

Career:285-170
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
I would consider Josh Burkman In many ways a similar fighter to Kos I would see this going in a some what similar fashion.Karo third round tko.

Post #22   9/1/07 7:23:35AM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
I guess i dont see at all how Kos is similar to Burkman. I think that seeing Karo has had fairly little success against strong wrestler types he would not have a great chance with Kos. Im not saying he would not have any chance because that would be flat out ignorant but i honestly believe Kos would take it three round decision and i think he would win the stand up game as well.

Post #23   9/3/07 2:07:51AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,903-1,083
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

You took the words out of my mouth.

Post #24   9/3/07 2:24:48AM   

ultimatefighter33

MMA Regular

ultimatefighter33 Avatar

Career:61-41
Chips:
i dont like these 2 either but i dont like kos even more im gonna have to say karo by submission in the third if this happens i hope they beat the hell out of each other

Post #25   9/3/07 2:41:13AM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
Karo would toss Kos all over the octagon eventually rolling him into some form of submission.

Post #26   9/3/07 1:53:56PM   

kimoron

MMA Regular

kimoron Avatar

Career:687-420
Chips:
i have a new found respect for kos after the gsp fight. im not a huge fan of either fighter but i definately see kos walking away with the decision on this one. i wouldnt be too surprised to see kos finish the fight though.

Post #27   9/3/07 2:47:41PM   

MikeBillotto

Banned

Career:120-79
Chips:
I wish this would happen maybe after karo vs roy

Post #28   10/17/07 8:23:46PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by MMA

I can see this turning out to be GSP vs. Parisyan fight. Josh is able to control Karo on top and avoid the submissions to get a decision win. Although I love Karo, the guy has always flopped when he has faced top competition (e.g. Sherk, GSP, Sanchez).

Completely agree...

Kos is my favorite Welterweight and I think he would have a war with GSP in the rematch. He DID NOT train wrestling for the Diego Snachez OR GSP fight because he felt his was way ahead of both and he learned the hard way. He's training primarily on his stand up but stil got dominated by GSP because GSP being the better wrestler took him off his game...

I think Kos learned his lesson and will start training atleast boxing for offense but then add alittle takedown defense and submission defense and I think he could be one of the best...

Just like MMA said I think Kos would take him down like GSP and just keep control. I think there stand up would be GREAT to see against one another since they are both improving but I feel KOs is better since he trains at AKA...I have KOS taking a UD because out outpointing and just controling Karo's every move...

Post #29   10/18/07 4:31:39AM   

Chudly

Banned

Career:27-10
Chips:
This would be a fight i would like to see , I would love for it to go all 3 rounds and just beat the snot out of each other , Kos has limited skills and Karo thinks he is better than he is ...... SO i woud call it a draw

Post #30   10/18/07 6:00:55PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2