Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Henderson's Ready To Prove He's The Best At Light Heavyweight

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Casual mixed martial arts fans and those new to the sport may view Dan Henderson as a steppingstone for UFC light heaveyweight champ Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. But the diehards know better.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   8/30/07 5:08:19PM   

Badabing

Learning to Sprawl

Badabing Avatar

Career:245-152
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
I wouldnt call him a stepping stone he is a tough sob, but Rampage is at the top of his game his never been better i think Rampage will be the first to stop Hendo by TKO/KO.

Post #2   8/30/07 5:15:10PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by Badabing

I wouldnt call him a stepping stone he is a tough sob, but Rampage is at the top of his game his never been better i think Rampage will be the first to stop Hendo by TKO/KO.

i definetley agree man

Post #3   8/30/07 5:17:46PM   

fufu

Learning to Sprawl

Career:136-111
Chips:
Stepping stone? I have not heard anyone refer to Dan as a stepping stone. Stepping stone to what as well? He holds the belt.

Last edited 8/30/07 6:38PM server time by fufu
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   8/30/07 6:38:36PM   

fullfighting

MMA Regular

fullfighting Avatar

Career:151-94
Chips:
Henderson is going to beat and wear down Rampage. He has more heart and he'll have an excellent gameplan for Rampage. Henderson wins by KO in the 3rd.

Post #5   8/30/07 6:51:46PM   

lemandp

Banned

Career:18-13
Chips:
Hendo doesn't have good muay thai knees, so he's not going to KO Rampage. The fight I look at is the Lindland fight. Juanito was already training Rampage for a while at that point. Rampage has a lot of trouble with greco, he said this recently himself. I still think Rampage will gut out a tough 5 round UD due to him being the bigger man and having slightly better striking. This is a pick em fight but I think Rampage has the edge.

Post #6   8/30/07 7:05:52PM   

fullfighting

MMA Regular

fullfighting Avatar

Career:151-94
Chips:
Rampage will be bigger--I just see Henderson wearing him down in a 5 round fight.

Post #7   8/30/07 7:15:40PM   

Chris_Keppel

Banned

Career:51-37
Chips:
Raaaaaaaaampage.

Jackson's got em man, he's only gettin' better.

Hendo's got no personality lol Quintons the better champ when it comes to mainstream MMA advertising and promotions.

Post #8   8/30/07 7:33:47PM   

lemandp

Banned

Career:18-13
Chips:

Posted by Chris_Keppel

Raaaaaaaaampage.

Jackson's got em man, he's only gettin' better.

Hendo's got no personality lol Quintons the better champ when it comes to mainstream MMA advertising and promotions.

Which has nothing to do with who's going to win the fight. Even though I'm picking Rampage I don't buy into this Rampage 2.0 under Juanito hype. He was with Juanito for a couple of fights before coming to UFC where he looked lackluster (Lindland etc.) and he wasn't really impressive vs Eastman prior to the KO. I got him winning this fight, but his time will be short lived with Shogun coming over.

Post #9   8/30/07 8:03:06PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:
The difference between Lindland and Hendon is there standup game. Hendo has better KO power hands and a solid rock chin. Rampage might be the more technical striker (and he probably has more power). I think Hendo will push him like Lindland and come out the new UFC LHW champ. And I have been saying it for years; no one has a bigger heart than Hendo, no one. That is what will win him this fight in a round 4 TKO.

Man I can't wait for this fight. I think it will be the best this year. Oh and as for the stepping stone I don't see that shit unless I talk to the un-informed US fans (and god knows that is the majority of us).

Post #10   8/30/07 8:45:50PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by roman

The difference between Lindland and Hendon is there standup game. Hendo has better KO power hands and a solid rock chin. Rampage might be the more technical striker (and he probably has more power). I think Hendo will push him like Lindland and come out the new UFC LHW champ. And I have been saying it for years; no one has a bigger heart than Hendo, no one. That is what will win him this fight in a round 4 TKO.

Man I can't wait for this fight. I think it will be the best this year. Oh and as for the stepping stone I don't see that shit unless I talk to the un-informed US fans (and god knows that is the majority of us).

i agree with every thing you said pretty much, but i disagree that no one has a bigger heart than hendo,i think Big Nog has the biggest heard, i mean getting beat senseless by BoB sapp and Mirko Cro cop, and than coming back to win the fight, and being hit with By fedor's GnP and not quit, and than being hit rich on the button by a kick(herring) that most people would be KO'd, lol i just had to say that.....

this is a hard fight to pick, but i might be going with rampage, maybe By dec, still not sure do, and i wouldnt be surprised at all if hendo takes it, the winner will be the one that will be able to stand there the longest, if one guy gasses before the other, chances are he will loose, im not sure abotu anybody Being KO'd in this fight, both guys have very very solid chins, and if a KO does occur it will be i think t will have to do alot with Fatigue, and the fighter not being able to recover fast enough because of this....

Last edited 8/31/07 12:34AM server time by juanez13
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   8/31/07 12:34:01AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Hendo's a great wrestler, he's tough as nails and man can he throw bombs. I really can't see page ko/tkoing him. I pick hendo to take it with a round two tko, he's got more ways to win and he took the belt from the most dominant champ the LHW div has ever seen.

Post #12   8/31/07 12:41:12AM