Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

D-Day coming for FEDOR ?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:992-648
Chips:
Visiting the U.S. in hopes of finding a "final solution" regarding the fighting home of heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko (Pictures), the Russian's management team, which includes Vadim Finkelstein and Apy Echteld, are scheduled to meet with UFC officials Thursday in Las Vegas to discuss a deal that would bring the PRIDE champion ...

Link

I think he will sign with the UFC in a week

Post #1   8/30/07 8:27:42AM   

MondayNiteMauser

Standup Guy

MondayNiteMauser Avatar

Career:888-565
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:
I can't wait till Fedor comes to the UFC.

Captain America vs. The Kremlin
"Randy Couture" "Fedor"

Post #2   8/30/07 8:39:59AM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
That article fails to mention that their management told Josh Gross of Sherdog that they were meeting with multiple organizations. Most likely, they are gauging what the UFC and other promotions can offer compared to the K-1 offer. UFC needs to step up to the plate. If they try to come into the negotiations with a "Randy Couture will kill you" attitude, Fedor might as well walk to K-1 for a payday.

So apparently that statement to Gross has changed, and now it's either UFC or free agency. It's a good plan. He can fight for big paydays with any organizations he wants, and if he can't find any organization to supplement him with a huge payday, he can fight M-1 events in his homeland. It won't solidify his #1 spot for long, but he probably could care less.

Last edited 8/30/07 10:39AM server time by LR
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   8/30/07 9:34:58AM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
Couture is probably the only person in the world that has a chance to beat Fedor at the moment so a fight between the 2 of them would be awesome.

Post #4   8/30/07 9:58:38AM   

MMAnomale

MMA Regular

MMAnomale Avatar

Career:155-77
Chips:
Please God, make him hurry up and sign so we can stop talking about this over, and over, and over, and over.........

Post #5   8/30/07 11:21:49AM   

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:
At this point its now or never i agree with most people if the UFC doesn't sign him within the next week or 2 i don't think we will get him.

Post #6   8/30/07 12:45:38PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
come to the UFC woohoo

Post #7   8/30/07 1:16:49PM   

lemandp

Banned

Career:18-13
Chips:

Posted by Bowen50

Couture is probably the only person in the world that has a chance to beat Fedor at the moment so a fight between the 2 of them would be awesome.

It baffles me that people think Couture has a chance. First of all, Fedor's sambo would negate Couture's wrestling. Fedor is a 10x better striker, and 10x better grappler. He has a far superior transition game, his cardio and heart are equal, and he gameplans even better then Couture (see the last two Chuck fights)....Randy has a 2% chance at beating Fedor. I think Mark Hunt would mop the floor with Couture, so chill out on the Randy has a chance because it's a remote one. If UFC doesn't sign Fedor it's hilarious. Nobody for the next 10 years will have a run like his in PRIDE, so his position as the best HW and possibly best mma fighter of all time is already cemented.

Post #8   8/30/07 3:33:41PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by lemandp

Posted by Bowen50

It baffles me that people think Couture has a chance. First of all, Fedor's sambo would negate Couture's wrestling. Fedor is a 10x better striker, and 10x better grappler. He has a far superior transition game, his cardio and heart are equal, and he gameplans even better then Couture (see the last two Chuck fights)....Randy has a 2% chance at beating Fedor. I think Mark Hunt would mop the floor with Couture, so chill out on the Randy has a chance because it's a remote one. If UFC doesn't sign Fedor it's hilarious. Nobody for the next 10 years will have a run like his in PRIDE, so his position as the best HW and possibly best mma fighter of all time is already cemented.

90% of Fedor's run was over NO NAMES. 90% of Coutures fights have been with people that were considered the best in the division. The two people (Nog, CC) that Fedor is known for beating have had mediocre performances in the UFC. If CC and Nog are a guage for whats to come from Fedor I would bet my house on Couture winning.

Post #9   8/30/07 3:43:52PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
. Dana says he’s been meeting with Fedor’s management for months so even though they are in town to sign a deal, “who knows what will happen.”

thats giving me hope, i really hope they find a way to sign him....and fight couture for the title in januray, or something like that..

Post #10   8/30/07 4:35:57PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by lemandp

Posted by Bowen50

90% of Fedor's run was over NO NAMES. 90% of Coutures fights have been with people that were considered the best in the division. The two people (Nog, CC) that Fedor is known for beating have had mediocre performances in the UFC. If CC and Nog are a guage for whats to come from Fedor I would bet my house on Couture winning.

Lol Mirko had one bad performance...one pretty good one, not easy being a counter striker and the guys runs from you. Nog well he was the victim of having fought herring twice, Herring is by no means a bad fighter, nog got caught with a kick, he survived and won a UD, how is that a bad perfomance?

Post #11   8/30/07 4:45:57PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by lemandp

Posted by Bowen50

dude are you kidding me a 2% chance.....haha we saw randy do the unthinkable by beating a 6,8 sylvia and then he mops the floor with a much younger,faster, and stonger gonzaga.You know i love the people who count randy out and i do agree i think fedor has the better of chance of winning but i mean come on man you make randy seem like a nobody.Fedor did not fight that good of opponets to tell you the truth.Let me just end this with this last note NEVER COUNT CAPTAIN AMERICA OUT!!!!if you havnt noticed that,and you know what else that would be probably the most defining moment in mma history if couture can upset fedor.So im rooting for him.

Post #12   8/30/07 5:25:58PM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:

Posted by lemandp

Posted by Bowen50

Nobody for the next 10 years will have a run like his in PRIDE, so his position as the best HW and possibly best mma fighter of all time is already cemented.

i disagree with your statement, the only way fedor will cement his position as the best fighter of all time is if he comes over to the ufc and is dominant. otherwise there will always be room for argument that he could have been beaten in the ufc. michael jordon will always be known as the best basketball player of all time because at the time he was making a name for himself the NBA was completely stacked with talent and has never had so many world class players at one time since then. the ufc heavyweight division has more top fighters right now than it probably ever will, fedor has beat a lot of the top ten and for being such a dominant champ he deserves the #1 rank but if he wants to be the best of all time he needs to beat couture, sylvia, vera, arlovski to prove beyond any doubt that he is and was the greatest in the peak of his career.

Post #13   8/30/07 5:41:04PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,143-615
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by lemandp

Posted by Bowen50

I agree. Couture might have more of a chance than 2%, but there is no way he'd be a favorite going into the fight. I am also sick of people saying Couture can beat Fedor (which there is a chance, but people don't say it like that, they say it as though he'd destroy Fedor). Don't worry about the other posts. No one has disagreed with what you said about Fedor outclassing Randy where ever the fight goes, yet they just say I disagree "because Randy beat so-in-so" or "Fedor isn't in the UFC, so Randy>Fedor.

Last edited 8/30/07 8:10PM server time by copenhagen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   8/30/07 8:08:59PM   

lemandp

Banned

Career:18-13
Chips:

Posted by Copenhagen

Posted by lemandp

Posted by Bowen50

I agree. Couture might have more of a chance than 2%, but there is no way he'd be a favorite going into the fight. I am also sick of people saying Couture can beat Fedor (which there is a chance, but people don't say it like that, they say it as though he'd destroy Fedor). Don't worry about the other posts. No one has disagreed with what you said about Fedor outclassing Randy where ever the fight goes, yet they just say I disagree "because Randy beat so-in-so" or "Fedor isn't in the UFC, so Randy>Fedor.

Lol I was going to reply to the other posts until I read yours, finally somebody who makes sense along with the guy with CC in his av. I love how Fedor never fought tough opponents in PRIDE, but Randy Couture is a hero who has fought the toughest. Is Tito Ortiz, Vitor Belfort, and Mike Van Arsdale far superior to Hunt, Fujita, Coleman etc. Didn't Randy get forced into retirement after Chuck destroyed him twice??? But now that he beat an overrated b fighter in Tim Sylvia and a guy who's claim to fame is stopping CC (even though Werdum STOPPED HIM) he's HW God and has a more impressive resume then Fedor. LOL UFC fans really make me laugh. One guy says something ridiculous like "Fedor didn't fight top guys" and everybody jumps the wagon.

Do me a favor and post the records of both fighters (one being basically undefeated other then a cut from an ILLEGAL blow, and the other losing one out of 3 fights) and who they fought and you tell me who's fought better comp. HILARIOUS. Fedor is better then Randy IN EVERY ASPECT of the game. PERIOD. He needs to beat Tim Sylvia, Arlovski and some new guy named Vera to prove he's the best??? Mark Hunt would KO all three of those guys. Fedor beat NOG TWICE, with ease, and dominated CC and subbed Hunt. Randy would lose to all 3 of those guys. Sorry for being the one to tell you the truth.

Post #15   8/30/07 8:19:19PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2